** The Great Escape Festival **

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Spoek Mathambo is worth seeing. I've been listening to him this morning, hadn't realised he was playing at GE.

His version of Joy Division's Control is excellent
[yt]UKfwSFI8LhQ[/yt]

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If anyone is still after a ticket, a friend of mine has an early-bird delegates pass (gives you priority in the queues) for sale at face value (£80).

If interested, please PM me asap so we can arrange. Thanks

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
This lot just been added to the line-up - 9.30 Corn Exchange tomorrow. Fantastic.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
This lot just been added to the line-up - 9.30 Corn Exchange tomorrow. Fantastic.

This is indeed an excellent addition Kevo. Again I find myself having to revise my plan of campaign- but for the right reasons.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm gonna be doing something like this - see you there!

THU: Day: Big Wave Riders, Francois and the Atlas Mountains, Porcelain Raft. Eve: Abi Wade, Savages, Willy Mason, Toy. Mystery Jets or Django Django.

FRI: Day: I Am Oak, Pond, Hatcham Social, The Suicide of Western Culture. Eve: Eagulls, NZCA Lines or Odonis Odonis, Grimes/Friends, A Winged Victory for the Sullen, Yacht, PINS, Plank!, The Longcut.

SAT: Day: The Killgirls, The Naturals. Eve: Vondelpark, Sonic Boom Six, Errors or Alabama Shakes, We Are Augustines or O Children or EMA, Slow Club, Halls

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I'm gonna be doing something like this - see you there!

THU: Day: Big Wave Riders, Francois and the Atlas Mountains, Porcelain Raft. Eve: Abi Wade, Savages, Willy Mason, Toy. Mystery Jets or Django Django.

FRI: Day: I Am Oak, Pond, Hatcham Social, The Suicide of Western Culture. Eve: Eagulls, NZCA Lines or Odonis Odonis, Grimes/Friends, A Winged Victory for the Sullen, Yacht, PINS, Plank!, The Longcut.

SAT: Day: The Killgirls, The Naturals. Eve: Vondelpark, Sonic Boom Six, Errors or Alabama Shakes, We Are Augustines or O Children or EMA, Slow Club, Halls

Bound to see you Thursday then at some point as have a very similar plan. So many people I know planning to see Abi Wade that already resigned to something else then. Not thought yet about Friday and Saturday but will be doing my very best to see Ema

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What fun, Friday was all about sheer tops and black bras:

Dillon (young Berliner knocking out Fever Ray/PlanningtoRock-esque sparse electronica in a sheer top and black bra)
Dear Prudence (pop-rock indie local 5 piece fronted by female in net top and black bra)
Hundreds (Berlin based electronic duo-some nice piano led stuff)
Le Femme (only saw two tracks from this French 5 piece electro-surf-rock band but they sounded great and looked to be having much fun. I'll investigate these guys further)
Peace (moody teenagers who annoyed me especially when the too-cool-for-school singer mumbled despondently and dismissively 'I'm really pleased to be in Brighton' into the mike. Mumbling and looking at your feet whilst wearing a charity shop fur coat will not get you far in my book)
Friends (pick of the day. Think ESG, Tom Tom Club, Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam with a mesmerising and rather kooky hot singer who also wore a sheer top and black bra along with some interesting furry head wear)
Django Django (surf guitar with heavy rhythm and dance elements)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A bit f***ed off I didn't get to see anyone I wanted to see, bah. I started queuing for Django Django whilst Willy Mason was on but gave up because it was ridiculous. Hopefully get to see Pond Grimes and Yacht today to make up for it.

Went to Syker last night, balls to the wall crazy they are.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Pond were pretty good last night as support for Maximo Park, infact easily the best support that night. And the beauty is, is that I had never heard Pond before.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
A bit f***ed off I didn't get to see anyone I wanted to see, bah. I started queuing for Django Django whilst Willy Mason was on but gave up because it was ridiculous. Hopefully get to see Pond Grimes and Yacht today to make up for it.

Went to Syker last night, balls to the wall crazy they are.

If they tell you you're not going to get in ignore it. The capacity regulations for it are a bit weird, but basically you'll always get in if you stay in the queue. The line for Mystery Jets was massive last night but the Corn Exchange was only about three quarters full in the end.

If you get desperate to see a gig and really can't get in stick something on here and I'll try to help :)

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Help me! Do any of you kind folk know if I would need a great escape pass for an acoustic show from King Charles at The Marwood Cafe (coffee shop) tomorrow morning?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Friday: went to a talk about the pros and cons of local music scenes. The Adamski Kid, The Doldrums, a talk about the current position and future of British music festivals, Boxes, took the wife to see Friends again (was literally at the front of the stage in front of the singer and she is one kooky hot chick....), Citizens, Spector and a bit of Forest Swords before bed called.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Friday: went to a talk about the pros and cons of local music scenes. The Adamski Kid, The Doldrums, a talk about the current position and future of British music festivals, Boxes, took the wife to see Friends again (was literally at the front of the stage in front of the singer and she is one kooky hot chick....), Citizens, Spector and a bit of Forest Swords before bed called.

'one kooky hot chick'- well I trust your wife is not reading this thread?
Have had to work during the day Thursday and Friday so going for it today. Aiming to get ten plus bands in between twelve and twelve. Avoiding The Corn Exchange- whoever is on as the sound in there has been aweful. Hope to spend the evening in The Pavillion and catch Beth Jeans Houghton and EMA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports