Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** The Great Escape Festival **

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

I have a list at home but on Thursday I want to see New Build, Pond, Django Django and Abi Wade.

Definitely recommend Abi Wade to anyone, she's fantastic.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
My Thursday definites are currently Porcelain Raft, Francois and the Atlas Mountains, I have a clash with Friends and New Build and think Friends will win out, Niki and the Dove, Django Django. I'll certainly see some other stuff, I want to check out the Blind Tiger venue so I'll drop by there at some point and see what is going on.

Friends are playing again on Friday but they clash with Grimes who I really want to see.

Good that some bands seem to be playing twice if not three times. And on separate days.
Django Django on the Friday night as well as Thursday which may change my original plan. Especially if the Pavillion is full (Seems that all the venues in that area fill quickly). Dont know much about New Build but will check them out before next weekend.

Cranky

Jan 13, 2007
Really looking forward to this now, plan for Thursday is...

Lower than Atlantis
Avalanche City
Don Broco
Cut Ribbons
Hot Panda
Bass Drum of Death
Bastille
Django Django

Undoubtably will miss some but if I get to most of these it will be a great start to the weekend!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reallllllllly looking forward to this now :)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Reallllllllly looking forward to this now :)

It's always a great weekend. Worth checking out the 'Alternative Escape' schedule as well - just found out one of my favourite bands, The Longcut, from Manchester, are playing late on Friday night at the Pav Tav. Should be fantastic.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Really wanted to see King Charles but can't afford the day ticket as it would be X2 and I have forked out way too much on gigs lately. Anyone going to catch him? Think he is playing The Warren (?) Saturday night and The Loft (which would be an amazing venue to watch him) Thursday night. BTW the new album that dropped today is amazing.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Code:
12:45	we were evergreen			komedia (studio bar) 
13.15	françois and the atlas mountains	prince albert
14.00	dillon					the hope
15.15	the sheepdogs				blind tiger
18.00	oliver tank				the hub - jubilee square
18.30	ren harvieu				the loft
19.00	step-panther				the hub - jubilee square
19.15	the skints				coalition
19.30	abi wade				unitarian church
19.45	school is cool				the hope
20.00	spoek mathambo				coalition
20.15	pond					dome concert hall
20.45	shabazz palaces				coalition
21.30	new build				corn exchange
21.45	cloud nothings				above audio
22.00	willy mason				pavilion theatre
23.45	django django				pavilion theatre
0.30	white arrows				sticky mikes frog bar
1.30	riz mc					coalition

I'll be doing something like this on Thursday, clearly impossible but at least I'll have a cle of general direction and backups if i can't get in anywhere.

A whole lot of walking around.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Getting really excited now and keep changing my plans which is never good.
Going to add The Killgirls to Thursday night if I cant see Pond. Have been listening to New Build and lots of their stuff on you tube. Really enjoying it.
Horatios seems to be hosting the best stuff as well as Pavillion

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Getting really excited now and keep changing my plans which is never good.
Going to add The Killgirls to Thursday night if I cant see Pond. Have been listening to New Build and lots of their stuff on you tube. Really enjoying it.
Horatios seems to be hosting the best stuff as well as Pavillion

You know Pond are playing twice on Friday?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
It's always a great weekend. Worth checking out the 'Alternative Escape' schedule as well

As if there wasn't enough on already, there's also something called the 'No Escape' festival at the Ranelagh on Friday (The Bobby McGee's, Jack Wiseman, Annaca) and Saturday (The Beautiful Word, Mishkin Fitzgerald, Pog). All local indie acts. Free entry, no wristband required.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
As if there wasn't enough on already, there's also something called the 'No Escape' festival at the Ranelagh on Friday (The Bobby McGee's, Jack Wiseman, Annaca) and Saturday (The Beautiful Word, Mishkin Fitzgerald, Pog). All local indie acts. Free entry, no wristband required.

There's an unofficial TGE launch there on Weds

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's always a great weekend. Worth checking out the 'Alternative Escape' schedule as well - just found out one of my favourite bands, The Longcut, from Manchester, are playing late on Friday night at the Pav Tav. Should be fantastic.

Yeah looked into that , and thanks for the heads up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here