Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Still a long way to go but some more positive news......fingers crossed.

`The situation in hospitals has "stabilised" and staff are no longer having to plan for extra capacity, an intensive care doctor says.

Prof Pearse, a consultant in intensive care medicine at a London hospital, speaking on behalf of the Intensive Care Society, told BBC Breakfast the situation had "stabilised in most areas", calling it a "big step forward".

"We are no longer having to plan to build extra capacity - extra ICU beds, extra ward beds, and we can focus all that mass of energy on building extra capacity on improving the standards of care for the patients that we've already got," he said.

"And as time gradually progresses, new hospital beds, new ICU beds, become available as patients get better and go home, so the system gets less strained as we move forwards and as you can imagine it's always easier walking downhill."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55877514

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
My bet is for 15m first jabs by 10 Feb, data to be released on 11 Feb. For valid reasons already discussed in detail, it won’t be hyped by the NHS and government until we get there.

The 33 super centres which opened last Monday have added 100,000 jabs per day on their own.

This would be great if they could achieve that. I think you have a point.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
My bet is for 15m first jabs by 10 Feb, data to be released on 11 Feb. For valid reasons already discussed in detail, it won’t be hyped by the NHS and government until we get there.

The 33 super centres which opened last Monday have added 100,000 jabs per day on their own.

I’ve always suspected we’d do it a day or so before 15th Feb. Not being cynical but I’m not sure Boris would have said 15th Feb unless he was 100% sure it would be achieved.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
My wife who is classified as clinically vulnerable got a text at 17-50 this afternoon inviting her to attend for vaccination at 18-15 / 18-30 I took her there at the earliest time but cheekily asked her to see if they had any spare as though I am not due until the next grouping i.e. 65 - 69 but rather than wasting any unused I wouldn't mind having it, this was acceptable to them and we have now had our first dose of the Pfizer jab. How is that for good news eh! Now for the win come on the Albion.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Mum jab done tonight, a huge weight off my mind. Then we beat Spurs, I might (possibly) be nice to people "at" work tomorrow. No promises though, it's Monday after all.

Now just waiting for the in-laws.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
My wife who is classified as clinically vulnerable got a text at 17-50 this afternoon inviting her to attend for vaccination at 18-15 / 18-30 I took her there at the earliest time but cheekily asked her to see if they had any spare as though I am not due until the next grouping i.e. 65 - 69 but rather than wasting any unused I wouldn't mind having it, this was acceptable to them and we have now had our first dose of the Pfizer jab. How is that for good news eh! Now for the win come on the Albion.

Looks like you're going to have to have your 'lucky jab' before the remaining 17 games then. I'm sure everyone will understand :wink:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Care homes - DONE

[TWEET]1356152992924364800[/TWEET]

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005

Well done golddene! What a day for you. Double jab, AND Trossard puts one inside the woodwork. Brilliant news for you.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
another 30 or so less from over the weekend, now under 150 at BSUH

Excellent news Marshy, thank you for your contributions to this good news thread, I amongst many many others have found solace in all these chin up reports and these good news stories help immensely during the worst period in my and many others life times. Thank you.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just heard my sister in law (social care worker) is getting jabbed this evening. Expecting to hear my Dad called forward in the next 2 weeks. We're getting there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here