Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
487,000 first jabs reported for yesterday. Magnificent stuff. Seems the numbers are following a pattern of steadily increasing though the week. As mentioned earlier this is probably the reporting rather than the actual numbers being done on a daily basis. 8.378m first jabs administered now, and we’re now averaging 360,000 per day.

Positive tests 23k - weekly rolling number falls again, now down 31.3% on the previous 7 day period (tests are however UP 6%)

Hospitalisations now down 16.6% on previous 7 day period

......and, whilst the number is still awful, deaths now showing a decline. 5.7% fewer than the previous 7 day period. Let’s hope this trend follows the path we seem to be on with infections and hospitalisations

12.5% of the population now vaccinated !! A huge proportion of the most at risk !! As you say magnificent stuff !!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think those who had their first jab early on (December and early January) may well have been booked in for a specified date for their second jab, because that was the protocol in place at the time, with a 12 week lag time. HOWEVER, those who received their first jab more recently will likely NOT have been booked in for a second dose appointment, and this is because the conjecture about whether 12 weeks, 6 weeks or however many weeks gap is still unverified and unsure. Don’t worry, they will contact you at the right point. Just don’t go away on holiday or anything. Oh..

My parents, 94 and 92 had the first jab before Xmas but the 2nd jab date was cancelled, they are awaiting new date.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I would really like to see some documentaries recording the vaccine effort. I cannot get my head around the logistics of giving half a million people the jab every day.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I would really like to see some documentaries recording the vaccine effort. I cannot get my head around the logistics of giving half a million people the jab every day.

It’s a truly remarkable effort. I think the target is 15m by mid Feb, which would be fantastic if we could achieve it ( though I sense the BBC will regard it as a failure if we fall 1 short of target).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s a truly remarkable effort. I think the target is 15m by mid Feb, which would be fantastic if we could achieve it ( though I sense the BBC will regard it as a failure if we fall 1 short of target).

Can see Kuenssberg and Peston in the press conference now............ ‘So PM are you going to apologise for not setting a target of 16m ?’ :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

We did the approx equivalent of the population of Liverpool yesterday. It’s staggering (and brilliant).

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
We did the approx equivalent of the population of Liverpool yesterday. It’s staggering (and brilliant).

88ec9ff89f2689ca046926d3686c8655.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can see Kuenssberg and Peston in the press conference now............ ‘So PM are you going to apologise for not setting a target of 16m ?’ :)

It will be left to grandstanding :wanker: Sam Coates of Sky (with his hypocritical colleague the grim reaper Beth Rigby still suspended after attending an illegal party during lockdown).

“Aside from vaccinating all NHS staff and the 13 million most vulnerable, are you going to apologise to 25 year old teachers who weren’t vaccinated first”.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Kate Bingham oversaw the whole effort magnificently. An example of the private and public sectors in this country working seamlessly.

There was some unfounded petty party political sniping about her in the autumn from the Guardian with “sources say ...”. Now even left wing journalists are singling her out as having done a great job. The cast iron contracts with the pharma’s signed three months before the EU did the same, revealed this week, just part of a focused vaccines strategy from day one.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Posted 11/1/21
2.4m jabs in UK so far, apparently.
Would suggest we are now hitting at least 150,000 or so a day.

Posted yesterday 30/1/21
8.4m jabs in UK
Would suggest we are over the last 19 days averaging more than 300,000 jabs a day.

Wow Brilliant Superb !!!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It will be left to grandstanding :wanker: Sam Coates of Sky (with his hypocritical colleague the grim reaper Beth Rigby still suspended after attending an illegal party during lockdown).

“Aside from vaccinating all NHS staff and the 13 million most vulnerable, are you going to apologise to 25 year old teachers who weren’t vaccinated first”.

Good news thread, lads. Not "bash the journalists" thread.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Posted 11/1/21
2.4m jabs in UK so far, apparently.
Would suggest we are now hitting at least 150,000 or so a day.

Posted yesterday 30/1/21
8.4m jabs in UK
Would suggest we are over the last 19 days averaging more than 300,000 jabs a day.

Wow Brilliant Superb !!!

Actually it's still accelerating - we averaged 360,000 last week :):bowdown:

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit

No quite a documentary but an interesting read into why we are doing so well
I know it’s sky but they are usually bashing the effort not praising.

COVID-19: Rejected contracts and a Hollywood movie - how UK struck deal to guarantee vaccine supply http://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...uck-deal-to-guarantee-vaccine-supply-12204044

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Aye...as much as it’s justified we should save it for another thread.....anymore good news anyone

my 82 year old bed bound step father had his first jab yesterday, he lives in his own house, and obviously unable to get to a vaccination centre so they came to him .Vaccinations of vulnerable unable to leave their homes now being done . Whoever is responsible for this deserves a medal

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Taken my father up to Racecourse to have his first vaccination this morning, very well organised and staff very polite. When I left at 12.25 this afternoon they had completed 624 vaccinations today alone.

I have to take my mother up this evening at 6 pm, will see how much that number has moved on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here