Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My mum (74) just messaged me to say she has had a text about booking a jab, and no problem booking it in for Monday and only a short taxi ride away. Interestingly they also made appointment for her second jab at the same time (set for mid April). Really really pleased - she's been living pretty much like a hermit for the last 12 months, and having lost both my sister and my dad in the last couple of years what she's really missed is the regular stream of visitors popping in for coffee. She can see that the end to this is in sight now, given her a massive boost. :)

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
After a few days of stubbornness this week, this is now heading firmly in the right direction. We should change colour on the map next week! (From the Zoe App)
1693CE3A-56A2-434C-BA76-3E74B63F14FB.jpeg
75AB9131-261C-4A83-AD10-1CC7A4BDBFAA.jpeg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
More good Hailsham news - just come back from town and the health centre is open with a queue outside. Still not sure why we are so far behind other areas in Sussex but at least it is moving now

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Help/advice needed.

My father is booked in to have his jab at Brighton race course tommorow, he is frail and just wondering if anyone has or knows if they have wheelchairs available to get him from car to vaccination point?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Help/advice needed.

My father is booked in to have his jab at Brighton race course tommorow, he is frail and just wondering if anyone has or knows if they have wheelchairs available to get him from car to vaccination point?

Yes they do, my auntie went there, she's very frail and on oxygen permanently. They were brilliant and got her a chair to and from her injection.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My mum (74) just messaged me to say she has had a text about booking a jab, and no problem booking it in for Monday and only a short taxi ride away. Interestingly they also made appointment for her second jab at the same time (set for mid April). Really really pleased - she's been living pretty much like a hermit for the last 12 months, and having lost both my sister and my dad in the last couple of years what she's really missed is the regular stream of visitors popping in for coffee. She can see that the end to this is in sight now, given her a massive boost. :)

Brilliant news mate.

Seems to be the MO as my mum (78) had her text yesterday, is already booked in next week and has a second dose date also in mid April :thumbsup:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
So pleased she's got that first jab mate, my Mrs is in a similar situation she takes a drug called Exomestane ( or similar spelling ) for cancer treatment .been on it 3 yrs with another 7 to go . Was so relieved when we got jabbed last Saturday o know exactly how you both felt . All the very best to you and yours .

Thank you LG, and thank you other posters too, for your good wishes. All the best with your families and your challenges. Wedgee.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I think those who had their first jab early on (December and early January) may well have been booked in for a specified date for their second jab, because that was the protocol in place at the time, with a 12 week lag time. HOWEVER, those who received their first jab more recently will likely NOT have been booked in for a second dose appointment, and this is because the conjecture about whether 12 weeks, 6 weeks or however many weeks gap is still unverified and unsure. Don’t worry, they will contact you at the right point. Just don’t go away on holiday or anything. Oh..

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
487,000 first jabs reported for yesterday. Magnificent stuff. Seems the numbers are following a pattern of steadily increasing though the week. As mentioned earlier this is probably the reporting rather than the actual numbers being done on a daily basis. 8.378m first jabs administered now, and we’re now averaging 360,000 per day.

Positive tests 23k - weekly rolling number falls again, now down 31.3% on the previous 7 day period (tests are however UP 6%)

Hospitalisations now down 16.6% on previous 7 day period

......and, whilst the number is still awful, deaths now showing a decline. 5.7% fewer than the previous 7 day period. Let’s hope this trend follows the path we seem to be on with infections and hospitalisations

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
My georgeous wife has just had her jab - it is such a relief to know she is safer now. Frustratingly I have to wait for a break in my chemo before I am allowed. But as the wife picks up anything we can’t get delivered we are in a far better place today! Thanks to the wonderful teams who developed the vaccines, volunteeres involved in the trails, and the volunteers and medical staff dishing the vaccines out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here