Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The corners

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Don't forget, the more we expand the stadium the more we have to give to away supporters, %10. So the away end has to be part of any initial expansion plans.

Current capacity is 22,374 with 2,575 away seats (so Google says), so we could add another 3,376 seats without breaching the 10% rule.

On an unrelated note, how do Manchester United get away with only allocating 3,000 to away supporters? That's less than 4% of the total capacity...

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

kip

Aug 2, 2011
You bell end,how many games at home have we had 100% of home fans? Facts speak for themselves, Look at East stand,south,every game lots,lots of empty spaces,why? complimenteries,families,fans whatever,EMPTY seats,so,just goes to show,we dont need more home fans areas...........so when it says SOLD OUT,they mean the 500 tickets they give to community/fans/families not turning up,and thats for FREE,so for sure they wont turn up if they need to pay.

Brown nose comes to mind

Can you please try to get this into your thick skull - I tried to get tickets for Notts Forest today and I know I left it a bit late but I couldn't because it is SOLD OUT!!! If the capacity was increased I might have a better chance of getting a ticket. This would mean more home fans. The club can't account for people that don't show up but the fact is they have paid for their seat or it has been given to them. There will always be empty seats apart from maybe the big games but it doesn't mean we don't need to increase the capacity. If we had 30000 capacity and it was sold out there would still be empty seats for the same reasons but a lot more fans who wanted to buy a ticket could get one. I am really having to explain this?

WICKBHA

Mar 29, 2011
Can you please try to get this into your thick skull - I tried to get tickets for Notts Forest today and I know I left it a bit late but I couldn't because it is SOLD OUT!!! If the capacity was increased I might have a better chance of getting a ticket. This would mean more home fans. The club can't account for people that don't show up but the fact is they have paid for their seat or it has been given to them. There will always be empty seats apart from maybe the big games but it doesn't mean we don't need to increase the capacity. If we had 30000 capacity and it was sold out there would still be empty seats for the same reasons but a lot more fans who wanted to buy a ticket could get one. I am really having to explain this?

You dumb keyboard warrior,100% of home games this season,HOME fans have NEVER been to capacity,therefore,why would we need more seats for home fans?

Oct 25, 2003
You dumb keyboard warrior,100% of home games this season,HOME fans have NEVER been to capacity,therefore,why would we need more seats for home fans?

1. We have a waiting list for season tickets

2. It's hard for fans to get tickets for games because they've all been sold out

therefore demand outweighs supply..........so it makes sense to increase the supply

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Current capacity is 22,374 with 2,575 away seats (so Google says), so we could add another 3,376 seats without breaching the 10% rule.

On an unrelated note, how do Manchester United get away with only allocating 3,000 to away supporters? That's less than 4% of the total capacity...

10% of capacity to max allocation of 3000 - unless it's Wigan who can give a whole stand of 5k and still not sell out their ground

paulfair

Feb 2, 2009
Went on my tour today and was assured we don't need planning permission as we are only adding seats, everything is already there building wise.

If that is the case how come Martin Perry has repeatedly said we our putting in a planning application at the end of the year to increase capacity.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
If that is the case how come Martin Perry has repeatedly said we our putting in a planning application at the end of the year to increase capacity.

It's permission of use, rather than permission to build. We could put the seats in now, but have to apply for permission to use them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here