Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The corners

I HAVE BEEN TOLD THE SOUTH CORNERS WILL BE THE FIRST TO BE FILLED IN:facepalm: WHATS THE SENSE IN THAT PLAN:eek: WE WILL LOSE A PERCENTAGE BETWEEN HOME AND AWAY FANS WITH NETTING.
THE NORTH END COULD HAVE HELPED WITH THE ATMOSPHERE.
UNDERSTAND THE ISSUES OF ACCESS INTO THE STADIUM FROM NORTH CORNERS BUT WAS ASSURED THIS COULD BE SORTED???

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
I for one am glad they are getting filled in. Am I the only one to think the Stadia is not complete?

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Probably because the concrete slopes are already there, they'll just need to make steps and add seats. The north will need a lot more work.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Doesnt filling in the south corners mean that the away fans will get the corner section first, then start filling the area behind the goal? Assuming the access is still via the south stand this would mean it would be more likely that the south could be segregated between away and home fans like Sunday. Plus of course increasing the max attendance of course.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Its obvious that the South corners need less work to get them finished than North and the Upper East. Its hardly rocket science to work out why that would be the first thing to happen. Hopefully it also means that the away fans wont get the whole area behind the goal and will be moved into the corner toward the East, a much better situation.

Return of the Rev looks for anything to moan about with regard to the Albion and draw some attention to his sad little life so no suprise he has had yet another pop.

Its obvious that the South corners need less work to get them finished than North and the Upper East. Its hardly rocket science to work out why that would be the first thing to happen. Hopefully it also means that the away fans wont get the whole area behind the goal and will be moved into the corner toward the East, a much better situation.

Return of the Rev looks for anything to moan about with regard to the Albion and draw some attention to his sad little life so no suprise he has had yet another pop.

So you would rather the away end made bigger first? no point moaning when its done?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
So you would rather the away end made bigger first? no point moaning when its done?

Why will the away end be bigger? They will just be moved into the corner to half way along the South I would imagine, leaving the remaing half to the West corner for Home fans. It seems no coincidence that having away fans poulating the entire south is linked to the lack of goals at that end imo and this would improve that no end. But hey, moan on, next week it will probably be something to do with the temperature drop in November compared to August and why arent there any heaters or something equally pathetic.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
It's sound commercial sense to enlarge the away capacity first.

We are losing revenue by restricting certain away clubs to 2,500. If the away end was bigger then it would also allow more Albion non ST holders to get tickets when clubs with small followings , such as Barnsley, visit and we section off the South.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
does this mean that when teams like millwall/palace come they'll do the whole fake/bouncy/mini charge towards us in the wsl at some point only to be stopped by a net and 3 stewards???

WICKBHA

Mar 29, 2011
I HAVE BEEN TOLD THE SOUTH CORNERS WILL BE THE FIRST TO BE FILLED IN:facepalm: WHATS THE SENSE IN THAT PLAN:eek: WE WILL LOSE A PERCENTAGE BETWEEN HOME AND AWAY FANS WITH NETTING.
THE NORTH END COULD HAVE HELPED WITH THE ATMOSPHERE.
UNDERSTAND THE ISSUES OF ACCESS INTO THE STADIUM FROM NORTH CORNERS BUT WAS ASSURED THIS COULD BE SORTED???

FFS i bet your single....
WE dont sell out at home,so give it to away fans 1st,if thats whats happening,makes sense

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here