The corners

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Filling in the south corners,will mean less (if any ) of the east stand ,made available for cup matches,and hence more season tickets. I thought also more boxes were being built where the gaps are in the cladding.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Does anyone know who if anyone gets first go at buying east upper tier...my season ticket is in the east and I'd lov to b a bit more central

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
assuming we get planning permission

They said on the recent stadium tour I went on, that we don't need permission to physically put in the seats, as there will be no structural change.

We will need permission to use them though, with travel plans and all that.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Any internal works do not require planning permission unless they are to a listed building or mezzanine floors in retail units.

They will need to vary the condition that restricts the staduim to attendances of 22,500.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

tinytears

Feb 5, 2010
As someone who sits in the south west disabled area I cant wait for them to be filled in. We don't get the full atmosphere in there.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the Premiership rule is simply 'minimum of 3000' and not 10%.

Fair enough.

Mind you, in a few years time ........................

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I believe the rule is 10% up to 3000. After that it is the clubs discretion.

As for the plans, it makes sense. Given the current stadium configuration, we are very unlikely to get all the Albion fans who want to go, in to the ground. Even if planning permission is not granted to use the extra capacity, by having the corners there, it means that for a game like west ham or liverpool we could have got closer to the 22,300 figure and still had adequate segregation. It also means that for games like Doncaster or Peterborough we could have sold more home tickets and given another 1k to the attendance. It also means we move the away fans from having the whole end behind a goal which I believe Gus feels gives them an influence.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It's sound commercial sense to enlarge the away capacity first.

We are losing revenue by restricting certain away clubs to 2,500. ...........

We've sold out the Home end for EVERY League game, how then are we losing revenue?

???

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I suppose it would make sense because those seats can be used for away fans who have a bigger away support and like we saw against Barnsley they can be used for extra home support as well. Then again I don't think extra seating in the North Stand would have any trouble being filled either.

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
Once the corners are filled in maybe we could show someone, anyone in our team how to take one!

Jan 30, 2008
I HAVE BEEN TOLD THE SOUTH CORNERS WILL BE THE FIRST TO BE FILLED IN:facepalm: WHATS THE SENSE IN THAT PLAN:eek: WE WILL LOSE A PERCENTAGE BETWEEN HOME AND AWAY FANS WITH NETTING.
THE NORTH END COULD HAVE HELPED WITH THE ATMOSPHERE.
UNDERSTAND THE ISSUES OF ACCESS INTO THE STADIUM FROM NORTH CORNERS BUT WAS ASSURED THIS COULD BE SORTED???
you went in the south stand for Donny ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Does anyone know who if anyone gets first go at buying east upper tier...my season ticket is in the east and I'd lov to b a bit more central

The central blocks will be sold as 1901 seats. Presumably after that there will be a time period for existing STH's to decide if they want to move to ESU before they go on sale to those on the waiting list and then new applicants.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
I HAVE BEEN TOLD THE SOUTH CORNERS WILL BE THE FIRST TO BE FILLED IN:facepalm: WHATS THE SENSE IN THAT PLAN:eek: WE WILL LOSE A PERCENTAGE BETWEEN HOME AND AWAY FANS WITH NETTING.
THE NORTH END COULD HAVE HELPED WITH THE ATMOSPHERE.
UNDERSTAND THE ISSUES OF ACCESS INTO THE STADIUM FROM NORTH CORNERS BUT WAS ASSURED THIS COULD BE SORTED???
i completely agree

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports