Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The annual loyalty points decimation

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tier 1 will buy all the tickets then a significant number of them will be re sold online for 10 times the price. Pretty similar to normal really, just a bigger profit.
Maybe the club should ask all supporters to collect tickets from the ground; this all resolve this issue and also maybe address the issue of people buying tickets then not using them as they can’t get time off work, flights or hotels.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
There are 6 away games plus the final. Probably about 1500 tickets available for those first 6 which means there is still only about 9k fans that will get to an away game. Personally, just apply the same scheme we have now. There are plenty that have worked their way up through the tiers so I don't see why someone lower down who has chosen not to go to any or enough domestic games should get to effectively jump the queue.
Could be 7, there is a play off round for the group runners up.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
The only way would be if the club ran organised packages. Time off work shouldn't be an issue as we all know the dates already. My daughter has already provisionally booked the six Thursday/Fridays off with a view to cancel the dates she doesn't need.
I wouldn't be surprised if the club outsource organised away travel to someone like Sportsworld, who run it for England away games. I imagine the club have got more than enough on their plate......

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Maybe the club should ask all supporters to collect tickets from the ground; this all resolve this issue and also maybe address the issue of people buying tickets then not using them as they can’t get time off work, flights or hotels.
A number of English clubs make their fans collect from a location on match day in Europe. Chelsea did it for the Milan match, it’s not normally at the ground and open all day for ticket collection to stop the chaos like at Charlton.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Or follow the example of England, who require fans to collect away tickets in person at a pre-arranged venue (usually a hotel) in the host city over the 48hrs leading up to the match.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Or follow the example of England, who require fans to collect away tickets in person at a pre-arranged venue (usually a hotel) in the host city over the 48hrs leading up to the match.
This makes perfect sense.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Definitely what we should do, and probably will.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Or just pay extra to have tickets sent by special delivery. Saves mucking about in a foreign cit

Or just pay extra to have tickets sent by special delivery. Saves mucking about in a foreign city.
It does, but the England approach has the added security of preventing tickets from being re-sold in this country.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Or just pay extra to have tickets sent by special delivery. Saves mucking about in a foreign city.
As posted above, there is a security angle as well. These tickets will be like gold dust and I think it’s only fair the club do as much as possible to ensure they are used by the person who bought them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Decimate = I always thought it meant one in ten taken away - so, reduced by a tenth rather than reduced to a tenth?

Hmm - but having checked 'wiki' it seems to mean (or have meant) almost anything!!

Another oddity of the English Language (however - it's not 'halve').

decimate (third-person singular simple present decimates, present participle decimating, simple past and past participle decimated)

1. (archaic) To kill one-tenth of a group, (historical, specifically) as a military punishment in the Roman army selected by lot, usually carried out by the surviving soldiers. quotations ▼
  2. To destroy or remove one-tenth of anything. quotations ▼
  3. (loosely) To devastate: to reduce or destroy significantly but not completely. quotations ▼
  4. (obsolete) To exact a tithe or other 10% tax quotations ▼
  5. (obsolete, rare) To tithe: to pay a 10% tax. quotations ▼
  6. (obsolete) To decimalize: to divide into tenths, hundredths, etc.
  7. (proscribed) To reduce to one-tenth: to destroy or remove nine-tenths of anything. quotations ▼
  8. (computer graphics) To replace a high-resolution model with another of lower but acceptable quality. quotations ▼

Usage notes[edit]​

Senses of decimate other than "to reduce by one in ten" are occasionally proscribed but "to devastate" has now become a more common usage.[1][3] The sense "to reduce to one in ten" is etymologically unsound and omitted by the OED but increasingly common.

Synonyms[edit]​

It’s one of those words that’s not used literally often is it. Just means smashed to pieces when most use it.

As for away games in Europe I think there will be plenty of tickets for certain matches - depending on the opposition (stadium).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As for away games in Europe I think there will be plenty of tickets for certain matches - depending on the opposition (stadium).
Quite a number of stadia are around the 30,000 mark which means only 1,500 tickets.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here