Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The annual loyalty points decimation

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
What's the maximum you can have per season. I appreciate that for dedicated 100% fans over multiple seasons the points will be higher but would be interested in what people have accrued on here.

I'll waive mine first under the proviso that it's a bit chilly where I am. 340 points, and tier 1 towards the end.

Who's got the biggest?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What's the maximum you can have per season. I appreciate that for dedicated 100% fans over multiple seasons the points will be higher but would be interested in what people have accrued on here.

I'll waive mine first under the proviso that it's a bit chilly where I am. 340 points, and tier 1 towards the end.

Who's got the biggest?
542. I'm trapped in the top tier so have to keep going.

(38 out 46 matches). Hopefully should guarantee a ticket at out first Europa away game.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Imagine ticket swill be allocated as normal - ie Tier 1 will be essentially guaranteed a ticket, with then a scramble for T2 for whatever is left. I guess what the club could do is publish a list a the start of the season showing how many fans there are in various bands starting with the highest, just so everyone at least has an idea of the starting point and where they stand……eg (numbers for illustration only):

500+ - 500
450-500 - 800
400-450 - 1000
350-400 - 2500

etc

I think this would be a good idea to help people with their planning, sort of good chance, fair chance, no chance type thing :thumbsup:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think this would be a good idea to help people with their planning, sort of good chance, fair chance, no chance type thing :thumbsup:
A lot will depend on the stadia we play at. 5% of 60k is 3k so pretty standard EPL allocation however there are many smaller clubs. Roma have capacity of 72k whereas Villareal only have 23k

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A lot will depend on the stadia we play at. 5% of 60k is 3k so pretty standard EPL allocation however there are many smaller clubs. Roma have capacity of 72k whereas Villareal only have 23k
Which is why I think publishing the numbers in each 'band' would be good. The club isn't committing to anything and as soon as the ties are made, the calculations on tickets available can be made and people can decide from the banding they are in and the seats available whether to book flight/accommodation immediately or wait to see if they can get a ticket and find a mate with a campervan :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Which is why I think publishing the numbers in each 'band' would be good. The club isn't committing to anything and as soon as the ties are made, the calculations on tickets available can be made and people can decide from the banding they are in and the seats available whether to book flight/accommodation immediately or wait to see if they can get a ticket and find a mate with a campervan :wink:
To me it seems unworkable. The figures will need weekly updates and then there‘s the grief the club will get when someone books a flight and accommodation only to find out they’re not in the tier they thought.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
542. I'm trapped in the top tier so have to keep going.

(38 out 46 matches). Hopefully should guarantee a ticket at out first Europa away game.
And, more importantly (maybe), Luton away.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The
I wouldn’t be so defeatist, there is plenty of hot air going round at the moment that “I’m going here, I’m going there, I’ll go to Vladivostok on a Thursday night etc etc. Tickets might be one thing but without flights, accommodation, money, time off work etc it doesn’t matter how many points you have (BTW I’m assuming there is going to be some protection against fans just buying tickets and then not going?) Anyhoo, I’m keeping it real and only have one away as a target and if I do it I’ll be happy. I know a Fulham fan at work, he had the same outlook as me, he made it to Basel thus fulfilling a dream, he was happier with that.
You make a very good point about protecting against fans who buy tickets but then can’t get flights, accommodation, money, time off work etc.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The

You make a very good point about protecting against fans who buy tickets but then can’t get flights, accommodation, money, time off work etc.
The only way would be if the club ran organised packages. Time off work shouldn't be an issue as we all know the dates already. My daughter has already provisionally booked the six Thursday/Fridays off with a view to cancel the dates she doesn't need.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm on 441 and will be really dissappointed if I'm not priority for every game.
Seagull Travel done the 'buy a seat but refund if no ticket' for many games, including Wembley.
I'd hope they do similar for flights. A wet & cold Tuesday in Stoke gives me the chance to go to every game, and I will.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I'll be trying to do all 3 group games away, but potential destinations could be tricky. Of immediate friends and family there are 4 of us with big points between 400 and something to 500ish but only 2 of them will be keen to do them all.

All depends where we're drawn doesn't it. Maybe only 1 or 2 of them will be relatively easy with travel.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think the current system is fairest.

I have no doubt the games will sell out, but where I do have doubt is at what tier; European away games are way more cost and time expensive than domestic fixtures. Even the most loyal of fans might not have the money or family/work circumstance

To me it seems unworkable. The figures will need weekly updates and then there‘s the grief the club will get when someone books a flight and accommodation only to find out they’re not in the tier they thought.
Not really - a simple starting point will be enough for people to work out their chances

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Which is why I think giving the numbers is each 'band' would be good. The club isn't committing to anything and as soon as the ties are made, the calculations on tickets available can be made and people can decide from the banding they are in and the seats available whether to book flight/accommodation immediately or wait to see if they can get a ticket and find a mate with a campervan :wink:

I remember the debates when the loyalty scheme firsdt started.

Maybe for Europe, use the same loyalty merit table but maybe each fan only allowed to do one EL match in the season so more folk get to experience the experience?

** awaits flaming
There are 6 away games plus the final. Probably about 1500 tickets available for those first 6 which means there is still only about 9k fans that will get to an away game. Personally, just apply the same scheme we have now. There are plenty that have worked their way up through the tiers so I don't see why someone lower down who has chosen not to go to any or enough domestic games should get to effectively jump the queue.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Imagine ticket swill be allocated as normal - ie Tier 1 will be essentially guaranteed a ticket, with then a scramble for T2 for whatever is left. I guess what the club could do is publish a list a the start of the season showing how many fans there are in various bands starting with the highest, just so everyone at least has an idea of the starting point and where they stand……eg (numbers for illustration only):

500+ - 500
450-500 - 800
400-450 - 1000
350-400 - 2500

etc
Tier 1 will buy all the tickets then a significant number of them will be re sold online for 10 times the price. Pretty similar to normal really, just a bigger profit.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There are 6 away games plus the final. Probably about 1500 tickets available for those first 6 which means there is still only about 9k fans that will get to an away game. Personally, just apply the same scheme we have now. There are plenty that have worked their way up through the tiers so I don't see why someone lower down who has chosen not to go to any or enough domestic games should get to effectively jump the queue.
Loving the confidence of getting out of the group stage 🤙

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Priority is a bit misleading, in our little group two of us have 500 + points with the lowest being on 285 points but all shown as priority group one.
You would hope Priority group one would be sufficient for any game anywhere.
I can see a lot of supporters will end up a tad miffed.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Priority is a bit misleading, in our little group two of us have 500 + points with the lowest being on 285 points but all shown as priority group one.
You would hope Priority group one would be sufficient for any game anywhere.
I can see a lot of supporters will end up a tad miffed.
As others have suggested the priority windows may just be a hangover from the FA cup semi ticketing. Perhaps they'll bring priority windows back for the European games but with updated criteria.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here