Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The annual loyalty points decimation

el punal

Any idea when Barbs OBE reaches for his abacus and we lose over 50% of our hard earned ST points?
Same as it ever was. If you were first dibs at the end of last season you’ll be first dibs at the start of the next. Don’t think an abacus will come into it and if, as you imply, that 50% of ST points are deducted then that will apply to everyone.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I think I had something like 140pts so I'd imagine European away games will be a no go for me, especially if my points are halved.
I'll be absolutely gutted if I don't get to see us play away in Europe at least once but I think it's inevitable that I won't.
I wouldn’t be so defeatist, there is plenty of hot air going round at the moment that “I’m going here, I’m going there, I’ll go to Vladivostok on a Thursday night etc etc. Tickets might be one thing but without flights, accommodation, money, time off work etc it doesn’t matter how many points you have (BTW I’m assuming there is going to be some protection against fans just buying tickets and then not going?) Anyhoo, I’m keeping it real and only have one away as a target and if I do it I’ll be happy. I know a Fulham fan at work, he had the same outlook as me, he made it to Basel thus fulfilling a dream, he was happier with that.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
KO for season 23/24 is August 12th. KO for Europe is 21st September.
With the UEL draw on the 1st September, leaving 3 weeks to sort tickets hotel & transport, I'm presuming tickets will be available from 8th.
So no matter who we play away between August 12th & September 1st, guaranteed a sell out for every game as fans 'top up' their points.
I'm sitting smug having missed only a handfull in the past few seasons.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
KO for season 23/24 is August 12th. KO for Europe is 21st September.
With the UEL draw on the 1st September, leaving 3 weeks to sort tickets hotel & transport, I'm presuming tickets will be available from 8th.
So no matter who we play away between August 12th & September 1st, guaranteed a sell out for every game as fans 'top up' their points.
I'm sitting smug having missed only a handfull in the past few seasons.
Small allocations in Europe mean most don’t have a chance anyway. I doubt a handful of early away PL games will make much difference to the vast majority.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Small allocations in Europe mean most don’t have a chance anyway. I doubt a handful of early away PL games will make much difference to the vast majority.
I guess we‘re looking at similar points to those needed at Brentford? If you could get a Brentford ticket you’ll probably be able to get one for Europe

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I wouldn’t be so defeatist, there is plenty of hot air going round at the moment that “I’m going here, I’m going there, I’ll go to Vladivostok on a Thursday night etc etc. Tickets might be one thing but without flights, accommodation, money, time off work etc it doesn’t matter how many points you have (BTW I’m assuming there is going to be some protection against fans just buying tickets and then not going?) Anyhoo, I’m keeping it real and only have one away as a target and if I do it I’ll be happy. I know a Fulham fan at work, he had the same outlook as me, he made it to Basel thus fulfilling a dream, he was happier with that.
I have holiday saved, work are pleased we made it to Europe and are happy to be flexible with time off, it's literally just the ticket availability that worries me. One away game, that's all I ask. Keeping everything crossed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Be very helpful if the club could let fans know their rough ranking on points… Eg you are in the top 500… provides a lot more comfort when booking a flight when the Euro draw is made

1) it’s very fluid as points can be added weekly.
2) Depends on the opponents ground size.

If the club did release rankings I can only imagine the hassle when someone who doesn’t make the cut says “but you said I was 1000th”

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
1) it’s very fluid as points can be added weekly.
2) Depends on the opponents ground size.

If the club did release rankings I can only imagine the hassle when someone who doesn’t make the cut says “but you said I was 1000th”
Imagine ticket swill be allocated as normal - ie Tier 1 will be essentially guaranteed a ticket, with then a scramble for T2 for whatever is left. I guess what the club could do is publish a list a the start of the season showing how many fans there are in various bands starting with the highest, just so everyone at least has an idea of the starting point and where they stand……eg (numbers for illustration only):

500+ - 500
450-500 - 800
400-450 - 1000
350-400 - 2500

etc

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I have holiday saved, work are pleased we made it to Europe and are happy to be flexible with time off, it's literally just the ticket availability that worries me. One away game, that's all I ask. Keeping everything crossed.
I remember the debates when the loyalty scheme firsdt started.

Maybe for Europe, use the same loyalty merit table but maybe each fan only allowed to do one EL match in the season so more folk get to experience the experience?

** awaits flaming

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I remember the debates when the loyalty scheme firsdt started.

Maybe for Europe, use the same loyalty merit table but maybe each fan only allowed to do one EL match in the season so more folk get to experience the experience?

** awaits flaming
I think the current system is fairest.

I have no doubt the games will sell out, but where I do have doubt is at what tier; European away games are way more cost and time expensive than domestic fixtures. Even the most loyal of fans might not have the money or family/work circumstances

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here