Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The abuse of Murray when he was injured was disgusting

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not referring to Murray's injury, it was the reaction of your so called football supporting fans singing let him die. Yes I wish Ulloa pulled a hamstring so he could not play on Monday but I certainly would not shout obscene things at him whilst he was down.

What a load of sanctimonious claptrap.

If the shoe was on the other foot, Palace supporters would behave *exactly* the same way - and you know it.

I realise you haven't got much to crow about in terms of football, after last night, but trying to score points, and gain some kind of moral superiority, over a reaction to a player injury is just lame.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Bollocks, yes I was there, he did not only celebrate he was inciting our fans.

I'm jealous because your keepers better than ours? I suppose your Dads tougher than mine as well, grow up will you.

Of course you were there, I actually was and he celebrated, big deal - speroni would have done EXACTLY the same (if you'd scored :lol: ). Difference is the he wouldn't have had a load of loose chance thrown at him.

No great surprise with your lot having double standards though is it?

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
I actually think that this is the most fortunate outcome for Glen Murray. He has a new lucrative contract with Palace, he has had an excellent season, he will not bear the brunt of the Brghton fans' anger at his mercenary move to the dark side

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Those of you who abused him should be ashamed of yourselves. Cretins! The guy was clearly in pain and all you can do is shout insults at him.

He's a footballer doing his job. He's injured, You abuse him. Idiots.

Made me embarrassed to be an Albion fan.

I'm only sorry I wasn't there to embarrass you MORE, dear heart.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
There is a little more merit to this that what you may think. I know that after Brighton won League 1 they went to Vegas on Tony Bloom's dime - all of them except for Murray. The night they clinched the league they went out for drinks to celebrate, Murray went, sat in the corner by himself on his phone and was the first to leave, barely celebrating with his teammates. A few players mentioned to me that he didn't have much to do socially with his teammates and that he was aloof and distant in the clubhouse.

I spent the last 7 years training at the University of Sussex Falmer Sports Complex and from what I saw and heard, there is some merit to what is said about him and it is not just made up to sell papers.

It's different I know, but my company organises lots of social events for employees only. I also try to get away asap. I would much prefer it if my wife could come too.Murray was a great part of our promotion season but has moved on. To his credit, he did not celebrate scoring against us at the Amex. I would have applauded him off.

(But TBF I thought he was diving for a pen too!)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The injury wasn't life threatening, get over yourself
Did your fans know that the moment he went down? he could have been having a heart attack just like Fabrice Muamba and your lot sing let him die, scum bags.
Yes, we knew his injury wasn't life threatening. He fell right in front of us, and was clearly conscious and not dying. I've heard many fans at many grounds sing 'let him die' and it's never been a serious chant, you utter moron.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think goldstone is getting a bit of a bum rap here. All he is doing is showing a bit of class for not abusing one of our ex players just plying his trade. I did not join in the abuse last night as I thought it was out of order. Each to their own. I can understand why people with a few beers in them did but after the dust has settled I am sure they cannot hate a footballer so much they rejoice in a very bad injury as that would be pretty braindead. Murray went to Palace, so what ? His responsibility is to maximise his opportunities and revenue in a short and risky career for his partner and family. I am sure we would all do the same. He owes nothing to BHAFC. He did a good job for us and moved on, that is it. Get well soon Glenn

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Surely football is always this high-octane pantomime and therefore when a villain slips or trips or gets eaten by the monster they created, then we the viewers cheer and even sing loud at their peril. I rather doubt anyone wants him to die or wishes him never to play again, so i don't think anyone should confuse dark comic sentiment as anything serious or classless. His injury means he can't play on Monday and i am pleased over that and shan't feel any guilt over it. I hope he gets better, but i won't be sorry or over-sympathetic for a sportsman - or actor in this constant and engaging stage play we always want more of - twisting his knee and me laughing about it in a pub.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Did your fans know that the moment he went down? he could have been having a heart attack just like Fabrice Muamba and your lot sing let him die, scum bags.

Muamba collapsed as if he were unconscious, Murray instantly clutched his knee when he fell.

Totally different scenarios and I have no doubt fans of any club would never wish that on an opposing player. Unfair comparison.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I think goldstone is getting a bit of a bum rap here. All he is doing is showing a bit of class for not abusing one of our ex players just plying his trade.

No, he's criticising Albion fans. Luckily, he doesn't get to set the rules.

Have you and Goldstone - aka the Peado Apologists - got some kind of club going on now?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What a load of sanctimonious claptrap.

If the shoe was on the other foot, Palace supporters would behave *exactly* the same way - and you know it.

I realise you haven't got much to crow about in terms of football, after last night, but trying to score points, and gain some kind of moral superiority, over a reaction to a player injury is just lame.
To which he has no answer whatsoever.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No, he's criticising Albion fans. Luckily, he doesn't get to set the rules.

Have you and Goldstone - aka the Peado Apologists - got some kind of club going on now?

wtf do you mean ? I am just saying I don't think he should be battered for showing a bit of decency.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Surely football is always this high-octane pantomime and therefore when a villain slips or trips or gets eaten by the monster they created, then we the viewers cheer and even sing loud at their peril. I rather doubt anyone wants him to die or wishes him never to play again, so i don't think anyone should confuse dark comic sentiment as anything serious or classless. His injury means he can't play on Monday and i am pleased over that and shan't feel any guilt over it. I hope he gets better, but i won't be sorry or over-sympathetic for a sportsman - or actor in this constant and engaging stage play we always want more of - twisting his knee and me laughing about it in a pub.

This with bells on.

Those of you who abused him should be ashamed of yourselves. Cretins! The guy was clearly in pain and all you can do is shout insults at him.

He's a footballer doing his job. He's injured, You abuse him. Idiots.

Made me embarrassed to be an Albion fan.

Sorry. If I could have got on the pitch I would have stamped on the ***t. Must do better.:(

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Those quoting a wage of £20k to £22k a week, i.e. one million a year, are either lying or repeating an internet lie.

CP's audited total payroll cost is £10m. That covers dozens of players, the stewards, entire management and coaching team, admin, etc; as well as an inherent 13.8% employers national insurance.

Smaller Championship clubs without parachute monies or a magnate owner, pay their top players a fraction of that alleged amount.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Those quoting a wage of £20k to £22k a week, i.e. one million a year, are either lying or repeating an internet lie.

CP's audited total payroll cost is £10m. That covers dozens of players, the stewards, entire management and coaching team, admin, etc; as well as an inherent 13.8% employers national insurance.

Smaller Championship clubs without parachute monies or a magnate owner, pay their top players a fraction of that alleged amount.

He has recently signed a 3 yr deal worth £3m

phatsam99

Jul 6, 2011
Murray wherever you maybe,
Probably on your way to a+e,
With a broken leg from sussex by the sea,
Who gives a **** about Glenn Murray

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
At the end of the day one of the men who could of inflicted damage on the albion is not playing against us..I cheered when he went off injured because i know what a danger he is/could of been.No malice against the guy personally as he seems a decent bloke..but for **** sake we stand more chance of winning with him NOT playing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here