Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The abuse of Murray when he was injured was disgusting

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I can forgive Cowfold Seagull because he was too young to remember this, Goldstone either has a rather bad memory or loves double standards.
This horrendous tackle that ended Ryan's career was sickening, the noise of his leg breaking was heard all around the ground and his leg laid on the pitch clearly in two pieces.
And Goldstone is embarrassed about Albion fans reaction to Murray falling over. The scum from the slum applauded the the culprit Hughton to a man ,
(for this intentional wild tackle), off the pitch and we should worry what their scum think of our fans, ye right.

No l'm most certainly not too young to remember it, in fact l was there when Gerry Ryan had his leg severed in two by that horrendous tackle, BUT two wrongs don't make a right do they?. That doesn't then give us the right to cheer and applause when one of the Palace players goes down in agony.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
No l'm most certainly not too young to remember it, in fact l was there when Gerry Ryan had his leg severed in two by that horrendous tackle, BUT two wrongs don't make a right do they?. That doesn't then give us the right to cheer and applause when one of the Palace players goes down in agony.

This.
By the way who was the guy behind me screaming "Why are they clapping? Why are they clapping?", as Murray was being stretchered off. His voice getting higher and higher and more hysterical as he said it. The reason some of us were applauding is that we remember what he done for our club whilst he was here and also SPORTSMANSHIP. I thought the bloke behind was seriously going to blow a gasket.
Al

Mattstrugnell

PC Beard's Stare
Jan 2, 2011
Glenn Murray is not simply a football player earning his money. He WAS one of our most prolific goal scorers, who now happens to be a prolific goal scorer at palace. he got injured in a crucial game, against his former club, who we happen to loath. It's football, not secretarial work at the local double glazing firm.
Tough shit to him, he'll live. You'd ****ing hate him more if he banged in a hatrick on monday.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Glenn Murray is not simply a football player earning his money. He WAS one of our most prolific goal scorers, who now happens to be a prolific goal scorer at palace. he got injured in a crucial game, against his former club, who we happen to loath. It's football, not secretarial work at the local double glazing firm.
Tough shit to him, he'll live. You'd ****ing hate him more if he banged in a hatrick on monday.

It matters to you. Does it matter to Murray a professional footballer who is trying to make the best wage he can in a short career wherever that may be ? No. All this " boo hoo " he went to Palace from a lot of people. F*cking grow up it is pathetic.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
It matters to you. Does it matter to Murray a professional footballer who is trying to make the best wage he can in a short career wherever that may be ? No. All this " boo hoo " he went to Palace from a lot of people. F*cking grow up it is pathetic.

:thumbsup: Absolutely this.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I've seen no update anywhere on Murray's injury so we don't actually know if it as serious as feared or even if he is definitely out of Monday's game.

genre b. good

Oct 22, 2012

It doesn't matter to Murray - so, he probably couldn't give a shit that about any abuse - and if it doesn't matter to Murray then why does it matter to you?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

When you grow up , and stop being an attention seeking drama queen I might take note. Until then I will take every opportunity to make you look silly, deal?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Interesting that while Murray was down being attended to by the medical people, NO Palace players came over to see how he was. A few Brighton did, but no Palace.

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
Those of you who abused him should be ashamed of yourselves. Cretins! The guy was clearly in pain and all you can do is shout insults at him.

He's a footballer doing his job. He's injured, You abuse him. Idiots.

Made me embarrassed to be an Albion fan.

I guess its true to say there are morons in both camps. I watched the game in a pub and a lot of guys there were cheering and laughing at his injury.
It is a sad reflection on individuals who seek glee from others misfortune.
I hope the injury isn't serious or career threatening because I enjoy watching him play, but I will also be relieved if he's out of the match on Monday cos he poses a threat to us.
Mind you I'm equally frightened a bit of Kevin Phillips, who may well get a run out against us now.
Personally I think the mindless few who refer to other supporters in such derogatory terms, like " scum" are actually no better themselves.
Takes one to now one I guess !!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I missed him go down to be honest, but my brother instantly said his knee his had gone. We've clapped him off, sang where's your Murray gone and waved goodbye to some Palace Fans. Also had a conversation about how painful that must have been.

All part of the mixed emotions and behaviour that are usual from a football fan at a big derby.

Something me and my brother disagree on, but I was quite happy to seem him go from Brighton.He didn't gel with the rest of the players and it was obviously something the manager was concerned with. It took a while but we have a signed a much much better player in Ulloa.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We've clapped him off, sang where's your Murray gone and waved goodbye to some Palace Fans.
Palace fans were busy singing 'we scored 3, they scored none (side note, they might want to rethink that, given they lost 3-0 at the Amex) Brighton take it up the bum' and Brighton sang 'where's your Murray gone'. Aren't Brighton fans awful.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
He fell over with none of ours around him & got a load of stick! How is that wrong? How did we know it was serious at the time?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps a little perspective is required on both sides here.

From my position behind the goal, I thought Murray was fairly close to Bridge, and had flung himself theatrically to the floor to try and win a penalty (how unlike Palace). The instantaneous reaction was to boo him. Within seconds, the reaction of the other players, including Albion ones, started to suggest that he might in fact have actually done himself some kind of nasty injury. He then sat up, by which stage we decided he was clearly not as injured as his beating his fist on the pitch first suggested, and that was the point where some of the Albion contingent in the Arthur Wait started to sing "there's F... all wrong with him" and "let him die". Where we sat, we were waiting for the miraculous recovery.

After a further minute or two, the stretcher came on, it was then obvious that he was actually injured in a very real sense, and- I can tell you this from a fairly decent vantage point- the vast majority of Albion fans- perhaps 80-90% applauded as he was carried off.

So I think it's fair to say, most of the abuse came firstly when we thought he was trying to con the ref into awarding a penalty, and then when he was sat up, because it appeared as though a typical footballer injury miracle was in the offing. But in the end, most Albion fans gave the bloke a bit of respect, I saw that with my own eyes.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
When you grow up , and stop being an attention seeking drama queen I might take note. Until then I will take every opportunity to make you look silly, deal?

Er, okey dokey then. Please point out where on here I have been an attention seeking drama queen ? And you say you have made me look silly ? What irony !

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Perhaps a little perspective is required on both sides here.

From my position behind the goal, I thought Murray was fairly close to Bridge, and had flung himself theatrically to the floor to try and win a penalty (how unlike Palace).

And Holloway has been quoted saying 'He <Murray> thinks he was tripped by one of there players, but we've told him that wasn't so'

So there you have it ..

sew109

Banned
Jan 21, 2012
As much as I would love o take the higher ground I can't if that had happened to my oppositions best goal scorer I would probably be cheering (not though if it was say head injury or bones hanging out) I would not be cheering the fact that the player was injured but the fact that my team was getting an advantage. I would not however do this if it were say Andy Johnson or Zaha once he has gone. I do think that you deserve credit as almost all fans clapped when he went off.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Interesting that while Murray was down being attended to by the medical people, NO Palace players came over to see how he was. A few Brighton did, but no Palace.

I commented on that at the time, his ex-team mates were concerned as they saw he was in pain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here