Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The abuse of Murray when he was injured was disgusting

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Can you toss left handed ?

I can now! Trickiest think about only having the use of one arm for a few weeks was tearing paper off of the bog roll after a dump. And wiping my arse left handed wasn't the easiest either.

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
Confusion whilst in serious pain isn't understandable?

Strangely the ACL tear is nothing more than a pop. You hear it first, feel it second. The worst thing for me was I felt like I couldn't move my leg shortly afterwards.

My point remains that prior to the pop, he'd surely have noticed (felt) a knock or something. I think it shows a little about him and his footballing principles when he assumed that it must have been a foul due to contact. I'd think that most professional athletes playing in quasi-contact sports like football, would know contact when they feel it. Murray should have as well, regardless of the injury he's sustained.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The herd mentality of footballers sometimes leaves something to be desired but I'm not sure it's any more vomit inducing than the mawkish need to feel offended on somebody else's behalf.

Murray is almost certainly in a bed somewhere, resting his knackered leg, shrugging his shoulders and thinking "them's the breaks" while hundreds of goons are wasting their weekend whining at the behaviour of people who however they chose to express it, are understandably delighted to see the back of him in this tie.

He'll be back. A few drunk people were a bit OTT with their reaction. Just let it go FFS.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Strangely the ACL tear is nothing more than a pop. You hear it first, feel it second. The worst thing for me was I felt like I couldn't move my leg shortly afterwards.

My point remains that prior to the pop, he'd surely have noticed (felt) a knock or something. I think it shows a little about him and his footballing principles when he assumed that it must have been a foul due to contact. I'd think that most professional athletes playing in quasi-contact sports like football, would know contact when they feel it. Murray should have as well, regardless of the injury he's sustained.

I fear you're being a bit harsh on the chap there. I accept he probably was hoping for some contact, as he did for us time and time again, but I can understand why he thought there was contact in his confused state - and the pain probably clouded his thought process a bit too!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I accept that I might be, but I cannot get over not knowing if there was contact. I though it would be pretty obvious.

Absolutely this. We have all seen Murray throw some spectacular dives and in my opinion did just this in the last match at Selhurst to earn a penalty.
That was one of his better twists with pike over Kuszczak, that had me awarding him top marks.
I honestly believe he was trying again to con the ref and just ended up injuring himself by adding just a little too much twist in this dive,

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Whilst I think all this is a bit of an over the top reaction, for those of you 'offended' by the 'let him die' chant, it's worth looking at the you tube clip of the 1980/81 season game at Smellhurst when Perry Digweed gets clattered. Exactly the same chant from the Palace fans. What was good to see was that when people realised it was a potentially serious injury all the chanting stopped.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I still don't see the problem really. No one is carrying it on, Glenn isn't going to die. Don't deny Palace wouldn't react the same, or worse if the same happened.

I remember a lot of people chanting let him die at Scott McLeish as he went off on a stretcher at the Withdean

I remember Scott McLeish getting badly injured, subbed and then hobbling past H block at Withdean. As we were chanting the usual 'Scot McLeish is a w**ker' to him, he stopped and took a bow. There wasn't a stretcher unless he got injured in another game entirely.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
name any game between rivals where a judas has not been jeered when injured. we paid his wages for years - tons of them too....then he shit on us.

some bha fans are like gay care bears.

football is theatre - it has villains - the players know this too.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
name any game between rivals where a judas has not been jeered when injured. we paid his wages for years - tons of them too....then he shit on us.

some bha fans are like gay care bears.

football is theatre - it has villains - the players know this too.

He did not shit on us, he wanted to stay with us, we offered him less than his worth, he went to a club offering better money to support his partner and family. It just happened to be CPFC.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm sure Gerry Ryan didn't get clapped off by Palace when Henry :tossed: Houghton broke his leg so it's fair game for those of us with long memories.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Is there any news on his condition? Have the doctors said whether he will live or not yet?

#prayforjudas

No news yet Buzzer, but I think he'll pull through.
Thanks for your prayers , I'll keep you updated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here