Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The abuse of Murray when he was injured was disgusting

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He got an injury; he's not dead or paralysed. Happens on sports fields up and down the country every week at every level.

Way more sensitivity here than I've ever experienced during my rugby playing days. The last bad injury I had was breaking both bones in my forearm leaving it looking like I had 2 elbows. I don't know if it's just a rugby thing, but my team mates were more about taking the p155 out of the screams I made when I did it than showing any sympathy. The only concern I got was whether or not I'd be able to **** left handed!

It needs to be pointed out to any Palace posters on here trying to take some sort of moral high ground that a certain Henry Hughton after breaking Ryans leg ending his career received a standing ovation and raptuous applause.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Pleased he won't be playing on Monday. Not particularly bothered about his injury. As soon as he went down it was clear he wouldn't be playing again anytime soon and that was the reaction from most people that were in my vicinity.

Don't wish the guy any long term harm but at least it gives us an even better opportunity to progress to the final.

Get well soon but not this week eh ;)

You reckon eh? Just makes a space for Super Kev to play from the start on Monday. I think that's why (to my surprise) Holloway didn't put him on earlier. At 39 he probably couldn't handle more than one game (or part of) in 4 days.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Was the initial abuse because fans thought he had dived in the box for a penalty ? Got the impression he was applauded by both sets of fans when stretchered off.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
He's top scorer in the league and won't play in the second leg, he left us to go to them, he's a bit of a ****, he plays for our bitter rivals what isn't to like about any misfortune he suffers?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So it was just a coincidence that - just as one example - loads of people reported that he was sitting on his own at the League One promotion party? Riiiiiiight...

Oh l think he probably is moody, probably is a bit of a loner. But those things don't mean that he is a bad person, or more importantly a bad FOOTBALLER do they?. I bet you were cheering as loudly as anyone when he was banging in all those goals for us the season before last. Without those goals we might not be in the Championship now. Just give the guy a bit of respect.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So it was just a coincidence that - just as one example - loads of people reported that he was sitting on his own at the League One promotion party? Riiiiiiight...

Oh l think he probably is moody, probably is a bit of a loner. But those things don't mean that he is a bad person, or more importantly a bad FOOTBALLER do they?. I bet you were cheering as loudly as anyone when he was banging in all those goals for us the season before last. Without those goals we might not be in the Championship now. Just give the guy a bit of respect.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Was the initial abuse because fans thought he had dived in the box for a penalty ? Got the impression he was applauded by both sets of fans when stretchered off.

Crystal Palace FC ‏@Official_CPFC 16h
Standing ovation for Glenn Murray from everyone inside Selhurst - Brighton fans included. Nice touch

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
John terry has just been pretty seriously injured, going to be carried off on a stretcher, and the villa fans are singing "stand up, if you hate terry" :lolol:

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
All this stuff about him being moody and distant is made up by the Arse gas reporters to sell papers.

There is a little more merit to this that what you may think. I know that after Brighton won League 1 they went to Vegas on Tony Bloom's dime - all of them except for Murray. The night they clinched the league they went out for drinks to celebrate, Murray went, sat in the corner by himself on his phone and was the first to leave, barely celebrating with his teammates. A few players mentioned to me that he didn't have much to do socially with his teammates and that he was aloof and distant in the clubhouse.

I spent the last 7 years training at the University of Sussex Falmer Sports Complex and from what I saw and heard, there is some merit to what is said about him and it is not just made up to sell papers.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There is a little more merit to this that what you may think. I know that after Brighton won League 1 they went to Vegas on Tony Bloom's dime - all of them except for Murray. The night they clinched the league they went out for drinks to celebrate, Murray went, sat in the corner by himself on his phone and was the first to leave, barely celebrating with his teammates. A few players mentioned to me that he didn't have much to do socially with his teammates and that he was aloof and distant in the clubhouse.

I spent the last 7 years training at the University of Sussex Falmer Sports Complex and from what I saw and heard, there is some merit to what is said about him and it is not just made up to sell papers.

While ere is some truth in this, I can't help but feel some people are taking it to the extreme. In the season before we won league one, I certainly saw him out socially with a lot of the squad, albeit always with his missus in tow.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Murray was a player who delivered for the Albion when he was with us, he scored 20 goals which help take us into the Championship. Yes he took the money when we failed to meet his expectations, it was our decision and we decided to use that money to buy other players. All those who abused him last night should be ashamed, for me it was a cringe moment as an Albion fan..

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It needs to be pointed out to any Palace posters on here trying to take some sort of moral high ground that a certain Henry Hughton after breaking Ryans leg ending his career received a standing ovation and raptuous applause.

I can forgive Cowfold Seagull because he was too young to remember this, Goldstone either has a rather bad memory or loves double standards.
This horrendous tackle that ended Ryan's career was sickening, the noise of his leg breaking was heard all around the ground and his leg laid on the pitch clearly in two pieces.
And Goldstone is embarrassed about Albion fans reaction to Murray falling over. The scum from the slum applauded the the culprit Hughton to a man ,
(for this intentional wild tackle), off the pitch and we should worry what their scum think of our fans, ye right.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Murray was a player who delivered for the Albion when he was with us, he scored 20 goals which help take us into the Championship. Yes he took the money when we failed to meet his expectations, it was our decision and we decided to use that money to buy other players. All those who abused him last night should be ashamed, for me it was a cringe moment as an Albion fan..
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sky sports reporting he may not be available for Monday, hardly sounds career threatening

He hasn't had a scan yet, so there's nothing to report. Cruciate ligament injuries can be career threatening although surgery has improved recently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here