Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The abuse of Murray when he was injured was disgusting

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Murray has alway showed the upmost respect after scoring against Brighton
I'm sure here will remember this when we play again in the future

Remember what? Being applauded off the pitch?

Oh, you mean a few posts on a messageboard? Get a grip!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Fortunately, and quite correctly I think, there seemed to be near universal applause for him as he left the pitch on a stretcher.

There may have appeared to be universal applause for him from where you were sitting, but I can assure you that where I was there were no more than a handful of Albion fans applauding him. The rest were still yelling obscenities.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There may have appeared to be universal applause for him from where you were sitting, but I can assure you that where I was there were no more than a handful of Albion fans applauding him. The rest were still yelling obscenities.

I was sitting in a box directly overlooking the Albion fans.

As such, I had a great view of the overall picture, whereas you could probably only judge by a few fans in your immediate vicinity.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

So what? They paid their money they can say what they like.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

My view...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368268492.372274.jpg

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Mabye you should try going to the Women's Institute weekly tea night instead of football. They have cakes and a tombola, I'm sure they won't offend you.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I was sitting in a box directly overlooking the Albion fans.

As such, I had a great view of the overall picture, whereas you could probably only judge by a few fans in your immediate vicinity.

I guess I was mixing with the wrong crowd!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No he did when he played for us away to brentford.
The whole binfest was that he rushed off the pitch and didn't come over to applaud the fans. If anything, our fans were abusing him because he had put in a transfer request the season before because of his marital problems at the time.

No he didn't.

Exactly.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I was in row 12, with the majority of the fans in front of me, and certainly many rows behind me, applauding.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Those of you who abused him should be ashamed of yourselves. Cretins! The guy was clearly in pain and all you can do is shout insults at him.

He's a footballer doing his job. He's injured, You abuse him. Idiots.

Made me embarrassed to be an Albion fan.

100% correct. I have a lot of time for Glenn Murray. He is simply a footballer doing his job, and in all fairness to him the only side of the story we have heard re his defection to Palace, is that of Gus Poyet's, and there are TWO sides to every story.

That apart, l thought the abuse that came his way from Albion fans after his injury was no less than sickening. Made me embarrassed to be a Brighton fan.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
100% correct. I have a lot of time for Glenn Murray. He is simply a footballer doing his job, and in all fairness to him the only side of the story we have heard re his defection to Palace, is that of Gus Poyet's, and there are TWO sides to every story.

I know it has been said before but somebody told me recently (and her partner used to work for the club in a senior position) that Poyet didn't like Murray and that's what it came down to. We all know the sort of players Poyet likes and Murray's languid style is not him. In hindsight, he is more effective than a player that runs around like a headless chicken and barely gets into double figures in the Championship. Palace wasn't the best club to move to from our perspective but I guess if you can stay living where you are settled (and yes, earn more money) then that's even better.

All this stuff about him being moody and distant is made up by the Arse gas reporters to sell papers.

I booed him when he first came back but won't now - he has put up with a lot of abuse and has not responded or celebrated his goals.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Those of you who abused him should be ashamed of yourselves. Cretins! The guy was clearly in pain and all you can do is shout insults at him.

He's a footballer doing his job. He's injured, You abuse him. Idiots.

Made me embarrassed to be an Albion fan.

Bless xx

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know it has been said before but somebody told me recently (and her partner used to work for the club in a senior position) that Poyet didn't like Murray and that's what it came down to. We all know the sort of players Poyet likes and Murray's languid style is not him. In hindsight, he is more effective than a player that runs around like a headless chicken and barely gets into double figures in the Championship. Palace wasn't the best club to move to from our perspective but I guess if you can stay living where you are settled (and yes, earn more money) then that's even better.

All this stuff about him being moody and distant is made up by the Arse gas reporters to sell papers.

I booed him when he first came back but won't now - he has put up with a lot of abuse and has not responded or celebrated his goals.

If Poyet didn't like Murray why did he offer him a contract? Why has he given a press conference to say that the budget for transfers and wages were kept separately? He asked the board to be able to merge it so that he could offer highers wages, but was refused at the time but this has been done now.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

So it was just a coincidence that - just as one example - loads of people reported that he was sitting on his own at the League One promotion party? Riiiiiiight...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here