Teixeria

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It may have been mentioned to me that another loan might not be completely out of the question.

But not the preferred option ?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I don't want to see him back on loan. He lost the ball too often and made too many wrong decisions. I preferred Lingard.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
We had nothing on the bench on Friday that was going to change the game for the positive if we'd been on nil down. Tex would offer that coming off the bench, but wouldn't fit into our current staring 11

Not sure he's got the intensity of glare to be in our staring 11. I'd love us to have a staring 11 [emoji15]

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I was thoroughly impressed with our starting 11 on friday, a real get stuck in commitment and playing and passing how they wanted to dictate the game

tex who?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If we were to get Tex on a season long loan would that allow us to spend more on Marshall?

Tex could play as either an attacking central midfielder or behind the striker thus filling two squad requirements for the cost of one(loan player). If we then signed Marshall we'd have Marshall, Lua Lua and March as our wingers with Harper becoming a fourth option as the season develops. Leaving us needing just cover at cb before we had a genuine top half squad.

Our bench would then look something like: Maenpaa, Rosenior, New cb, Ince, Tex, March, Bobby.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I was thoroughly impressed with our starting 11 on friday, a real get stuck in commitment and playing and passing how they wanted to dictate the game

tex who?
Yes, but unluckily, suspensions and injuries will prevent us playing the same 11 for each match :lolol:

He'll have a role, and variety and options are what is needed as well in this league.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we were to get Tex on a season long loan would that allow us to spend more on Marshall?

Tex could play as either an attacking central midfielder or behind the striker thus filling two squad requirements for the cost of one(loan player). If we then signed Marshall we'd have Marshall, Lua Lua and March as our wingers with Harper becoming a fourth option as the season develops. Leaving us needing just cover at cb before we had a genuine top half squad.

Our bench would then look something like: Maenpaa, Rosenior, New cb, Ince, Tex, March, Bobby.
Wingers are notoriously injury prone, so 2 new wingers are top priority, whether we get Tex or not.

With 5 rumoured target signings, we can get Tex and 2 wingers - it's not either / or.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yes, but unluckily, suspensions and injuries will prevent us playing the same 11 for each match :lolol:

He'll have a role, and variety and options are what is needed as well in this league.

you are correct and have thought things through to a logical conclusion

this is why i only read the footy stuff and dont comment so much...............i am i admit clearly an arse when it comes to football :wozza:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having watched possibly the first ever match at the AMEX, where the entire team were played in their correct position, in a formation that suited those positions.

Why are people so desperate to shoe horn Tex into the team anywhere, just to have him.
Haven't you seen enough mix & match performances to know it just doesn't work?

On Friday we played as a team, one unit with defined roles, and it looked so much better for it.
That also applies to the 4-5-1 squad that came on to see out the game.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Eh? he hasnt got any pace.

Lacking a little pace but has great first touch and can ghost past people with the ball at his feet, would be a great addition to the squad. Second half of last season he definitely got physically stronger and has looked good in pre season for Liverpool.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Having watched possibly the first ever match at the AMEX, where the entire team were played in their correct position, in a formation that suited those positions.

Why are people so desperate to shoe horn Tex into the team anywhere, just to have him.
Haven't you seen enough mix & match performances to know it just doesn't work?

On Friday we played as a team, one unit with defined roles, and it looked so much better for it.

Not a bad shout. :thumbsup:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

This is correct

i wonder how many people in the stadium friday night were thinking crikey this formation makes total sense(nearly everyone)........and at the same time thinking has someone screwed up and not understood the brief

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
This is correct

i wonder how many people in the stadium friday night were thinking crikey this formation makes total sense(nearly everyone)........and at the same time thinking has someone screwed up and not understood the brief

Agree we looked solid, if Baldock got injured first half and Tex came on would we have been that much less solid? He would be another option depending on how we set up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is correct

Yet the team only started with 2 newbies, both of whom were pretty much identical, like for like, replacements.

So basically we've sat (quietly) through 4 years of, 'look at me', overthinking, management and coaching, to evolve right back to square one, Goldstone football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agree we looked solid, if Baldock got injured first half and Tex came on would we have been that much less solid? He would be another option depending on how we set up.
But he's not the 'little one' striker.

The team needs cover for Baldock, so assuming the dev squad has nobody yet, the club need to buy (loan) a Baldock striker.
Why over complicate things?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports