Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teixeria

Macca the attacker

Apr 7, 2010
Lots of loan deals are sorted between now and the end of the window especially by the prem teams because they begin to settle on their squads, have to name them for most comps and young players especially move on loan near the end of the window if they want first team football and won't be getting it with their parent club.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
This is a tough league and Tex is not a tough player. He will need to go down to League 1 to get real game time. We were desperate last season, but we are not going there this are we ? BZ is here because of his nous.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
He was very inconsistent last season and had a real influence in very few matches , time to move on

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'd be happy to have Tex back on loan, quality player who gives us attacking options and scores goals. Maybe it will be a loan 'til xmas rather than the whole season ???

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Not good enough.

Wel he is, but no1 said that yet, so thought id better put nsc back to its old class :lolol:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He was very inconsistent last season and had a real influence in very few matches , time to move on

How many matches did he have "real influence" in.
Who else in our team had "real influence" in more games than him.
The inconsistent epithet could equally be applied to KLL, March and Buckley before them.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
If we stay 4-4-2 . Where would you play him ?

Good player but can't see a part for him in current system . Wingers far more important

I suppose you could play him in the free role Gus played Elliott Bennett in during the 2010-2011 season, where he drifted between playing behind Barnes and Murray to sometimes being on the right wing. Alternatively, if Baldock is injured, suspended or out of form, he could tuck in behind Hemed in a 4-4-1-1 system, which I suppose Hughton might use in away games anyway.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There was an article in the Liverpool Echo recently (which I can't find) that said he wanted to cement a place in the Liverpool first team squad this season - it is a "make or break" year with them. So he won't be wanting to leave on loan again.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd suggest he could play in a 442 among either wing or as the second striker / deeper striker type role. Would love him back...
Totally this. He might not be a big strong boy who will rampage from box to box on his own, but he is the sort of player who will get better and better playing in a better team - and I think we are a better team than we were this time last year. Class. We can't afford to buy him; get him in on loan.
And don't give me that crap about loanees being no good. The loan system allows us, and clubs like us, see players playing for us that we could never afford to buy. Which bit of win-win is the problem?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Totally this. He might not be a big strong boy who will rampage from box to box on his own, but he is the sort of player who will get better and better playing in a better team - and I think we are a better team than we were this time last year. Class. We can't afford to buy him; get him in on loan.
And don't give me that crap about loanees being no good. The loan system allows us, and clubs like us, see players playing for us that we could never afford to buy. Which bit of win-win is the problem?

A season long loan isn't much different from a perm signing really, given many players only last a year at clubs!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You didn't think we played well with 442 Friday?!

You're forgetting the well known and incontrovertible fact that 4-4-2 is exclusively about hoofball, Sam Allardyce, dinosaurs, mullets, the 1970s and the land that time forgot before Sky invented football in 1990 whatever-it-was, and total anathema to the tippy tappyists (and most Spaniards).

Can't have that sort of stuff hanging around in this modern day and age. 4-4-2? - geez, some people will be wanting to bring back the black and white minstrel show next!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A season long loan isn't much different from a perm signing really, given many players only last a year at clubs!
True, if Hemed turns out as good as Ulloa, or Harper turns out to be the gem many people hope he'll be, we'll have them for about 12 months, I guess.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Would be a great signing. As others have said we won't play 4-4-2 every game, we'll have injuries and suspensions so we need strength in depth.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tex is stardust. Get him back.

Although 442 with 2 fast, ace wingers is my preference, we need flexibility and options for different approaches.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We had nothing on the bench on Friday that was going to change the game for the positive if we'd been on nil down. Tex would offer that coming off the bench, but wouldn't fit into our current staring 11
No? I'd put him in ahead of LuaLua, March or Baldock (in their respective positions) any day.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You're forgetting the well known and incontrovertible fact that 4-4-2 is exclusively about hoofball, Sam Allardyce, dinosaurs, mullets, the 1970s and the land that time forgot before Sky invented football in 1990 whatever-it-was, and total anathema to the tippy tappyists (and most Spaniards).

Can't have that sort of stuff hanging around in this modern day and age. 4-4-2? - geez, some people will be wanting to bring back the black and white minstrel show next!

I'd walk a million miles, for one of your smiles.....:):)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here