Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teixeria

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It may have been mentioned to me that another loan might not be completely out of the question.

.....and presumably you are talking about a loan specifically of Mr Teixeira, and not just any old loan?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
As I said in my previous post, I don't think we'll play 4-4-2 every game. We get the idea that you don't rate Tex from last season. I do, and I liked him.

Tex.jpg

Could play as second striker in 4-4-1-1. I hope we vary our formations a bit. Tex made the wrong decision to shoot in the picture. And getting a picture was quite hard as he kept losing the ball.
I'd sooner play Lualua or Kayal in his position.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
.....and presumably you are talking about a loan specifically of Mr Teixeira, and not just any old loan?

As Bozza posted this in the 'Teixeira' thread I think that's a safe bet...... ��

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Zamora, Sidwell, Roberts, Danny Wilson, Peter Ward, McShane, Bridge, Upson, Kaz all were great on loan.

Now list the loan failures... ...if you have a week or two to spare!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We're 7th at the moment, knocking on the door of the play-offs and challenging for one the two automatic promotion places :rant:

Taking our current position is ridiculous.

Sure, we're seventh now, but put it in context: that's down from first place. We're on a severe downward spiral. If sheffield wednesday show any interest, they'd probably have a better chance having soared from 22nd to 4th.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Taking our current position is ridiculous.

Sure, we're seventh now, but put it in context: that's down from first place. We're on a severe downward spiral. If sheffield wednesday show any interest, they'd probably have a better chance having soared from 22nd to 4th.

I rather think he knew that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well lets hope he can't if we get him and we have to change formation to fit him in. One game of 442 was enough!

You didn't think we played well with 442 Friday?!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Interesting that he didn't even get on the bench for Liverpool today after an apparently very promising pre season. I thought they had high hopes for him. It might indicate that they still feel he's not quite the finished article for them but have faith enough to hold onto him. In that case they'll be wanting regular game time for him, perhaps a short term loan, to see where he is after that. Would we still be the preferred loan club now that Sammi's gone?, or are there any other clubs in our division with a strong Liverpool old boy connection that might get first choice? I'm sure they would have deemed his loan with us a success last season, but where does it fit in with CH's plans?

I think he'd be an asset to the team again without a doubt. Yes, he can be lightweight ( I felt his injury was ironic considering it was the first challenge he seemed to make with us where he actually went in full blooded) and can blow hot and cold, as creative players are sometimes prone to be, but on a good day he's a game changer. He can certainly weigh in with some much needed goals too, and unless we sign another proven striker to hopefully play instead of Baldock, then we're going to need goals from wherever we can get them again as I fear so far we are still light up front.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I think whether he comes on loan depends on how the club look upon Harper. It would appear that they are similar players, both roughly the same age, and the club have already said they want Harper to be challenging for a place when fit. They may consider that money will be spent elsewhere.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It may have been mentioned to me that another loan might not be completely out of the question.

Would this loan be similar to our loan of Monakana to Bristol Rovers in terms of length & time? If we can't get our permanent signings in till the end of August, it may be worthwhile getting cover for March & Lua Lua in the shorter term and strengthening a bench devoid of attacking options.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would this loan be similar to our loan of Monakana to Bristol Rovers in terms of length & time? If we can't get our permanent signings in till the end of August, it may be worthwhile getting cover for March & Lua Lua in the shorter term and strengthening a bench devoid of attacking options.

He came to us on 15th August last season for his season long loan. Monankana has only gone out for a month's loan. Hughton has said he isn't a fan of short loans, and I believe the 'emergency loan' system is being done away with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here