Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Forest away

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Lamptey, Ferguson, , Dunk and Mitoma look to in the reckoning for Sat. (Given video of training - press conference is tomorrow lunchtime and might say otherwise ! )

Making squad a more healthy

Verbruggen / Steele
Veltman, Lamptey, Gross, Igor
Webster, Dunk, JPVH
Gilmour, Baleba, Hinshelwood, Moder, Lallana
Adingra, Mitoma, Buonanotte,
Ansu Fati, Pedro, Ferguson

And your pick from u21s
O Mahony, Duffus, BBB

Or perhaps RDZ thinking about resting players for AEK and Chelsea
And then Burnley/Brentford - 5 games in 17 days incoming
Good news if they are. I would actually be astonished if Dunk was ready for 90 minutes 14 days after what AN reported as a groin strain. It must have been very minor if so. Mitoma was reported as being at breaking point by the Japanese FA. Perhaps they are saving face with his super fans back home, given he's missed the last 4 matches?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Good news if they are. I would actually be astonished if Dunk was ready for 90 minutes 14 days after what AN reported as a groin strain. It must have been very minor if so. Mitoma was reported as being at breaking point by the Japanese FA. Perhaps they are saving face with his super fans back home, given he's missed the last 4 matches?
Well they're training. but presumably RDZ will be mixing it up regardless given the relentless pre mid season break schedule. 11 games in 44 days. !!!
Forest, AEK, Chelsea, Burnley, Brentford, Marseille, Arsenal, Palace, Spurs, West Ham, FA Cup 3rd Round all between now and Jan 6th. Gulp.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Steele
Veltman-Van Hecke-Webster-Igor
Gross-Baleba-Gilmour
Pedro-Fati-Adingra
They'll play 433, so we can cancel them out playing the same and hope that our front three can create a little more than theirs. Pragmatic given the injuries.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Not really

16/12/17 - Burnley 0-0 x
28/4/18 - Burnley 0-0 x
8/12/18 - Burnley 0-1 x
9/2/ 19 - Burnley 1-3 (2 goals)
14/9/19 - Burnley 1-1 x
26/7/20 - Burnley 2-1 (1 goal)
6/11/20 - Burnley 0-0 x
14/8/21 - Burnley 2-1 x
5/3/22 - Newcastle 1-2 x
13/8/22- Newcastle 0-0 x

scored in 2 of the 10 games he's played against us in PL. (of course scored a few in Championship before that !)
I think am more scarred by the championship days with Leeds. He used to beat up dunk.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'm not giving us much chance of many positive results before Christmas. Think we are facing lean and harsh times in the league. Injury list has got insane.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I did think that after posting it.

8 in 20 appearances although none in his last 4 games against us (but he did only play 3 minutes in the most recent appearance against us).
He’s scored in 2 games against us in last 10.
I'm not giving us much chance of many positive results before Christmas. Think we are facing lean and harsh times in the league. Injury list has got insane.
Not sure a long term injury list of March is “insane”. Yes out until 24/25.
But Enciso is due back in weeks , Welbeck in January and Estupinan - well we don’t know.

But everyone else is training. That’s pretty routine numbers for the PL.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He’s scored in 2 games against us in last 10.

Not sure a long term injury list of March is “insane”. Yes out until 24/25.
But Enciso is due back in weeks , Welbeck in January and Estupinan - well we don’t know.

But everyone else is training. That’s pretty routine numbers for the PL.

Our list isn’t much out of line with several other clubs……

You're both right. I'm particularly sore about the positivity around Moder's return being massively dampened by poor Solly. But I guess that's football.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You're both right. I'm particularly sore about the positivity around Moder's return being massively dampened by poor Solly. But I guess that's football.
Last time Solly was out - TB bought Knockaert in the January window. That worked out ok. :)

Also one of the big factors that we were in for Ansu Fati is the injury to Enciso.

Injuries are also opportunities.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Well they're training. but presumably RDZ will be mixing it up regardless given the relentless pre mid season break schedule. 11 games in 44 days. !!!
Forest, AEK, Chelsea, Burnley, Brentford, Marseille, Arsenal, Palace, Spurs, West Ham, FA Cup 3rd Round all between now and Jan 6th. Gulp.
We are really going to need that mid-winter break!

Dahood red card was so careless given our injury list.

Jimmy Grimble

We are really going to need that mid-winter break!

Dahood red card was so careless given our injury list.
Pretty much means he’s guaranteed to play in the European matches.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So squad tomorrow if Igor makes it - after press conference...

Verbruggen / Steele
Veltman, Lamptey, Gross, Igor
Dunk, JPVH
Gilmour, Baleba, Hinshelwood, Moder, Lallana
Adingra, Buonanotte,
Ansu Fati, Pedro, Ferguson

and then your guess re: 1-2 u21s
Duffus, BBM, O Mahoney, Barrington

Long term injuries - Enciso, Estupinan, Welbeck, March
Back soon/training with squad - Milner, Mitoma., Webster
Suspended : Dahoud

Last edited: