Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Forest away

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hope dunk is fully recovered and not risked due to lack of options.
Its frustrating that players are out, but idea that duty of care goes out of the window and players get injured because they are "rushed back" doesn't really hold up does it. Its just an excuse to find someone to blame. Either the coaches for fielding a strong team and ignoring advice - or in some other cases the players themselves because bizarrely they are somehow "prone" to injuries.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Its frustrating that players are out, but idea that duty of care goes out of the window and players get injured because they are "rushed back" doesn't really hold up does it. Its just an excuse to find someone to blame. Either the coaches for fielding a strong team and ignoring advice - or in some other cases the players themselves because bizarrely they are somehow "prone" to injuries.
Do you think it’s a coincident about Pervis then ? Seemed an illogical sub to me at the time anyway for a player just back on the bench

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022

I dunno, I feel that’s exactly what it looked like with Estupinian. I don’t think it’s ignoring advice, but it’s also easy for a player and/or coach to think “The injury seems mostly better so it’s ok to play on it” when it could in hindsight have done with a little longer.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I dunno, I feel that’s exactly what it looked like with Estupinian. I don’t think it’s ignoring advice, but it’s also easy for a player and/or coach to think “The injury seems mostly better so it’s ok to play on it” when it could in hindsight have done with a little longer.
Yeah exactly. It's naive to think that players are never rushed back to play when they're not ready. I'm not blaming RDZ or any particular manager for this, but they're under a lot of pressure to get results and players are keen to get back in the side. It happens time and time again.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Do we know what Pervis's latest injury is though? Didn't look like a hamstring re-occurrence to me, looked like knee :(

Anyway Webster. FFS. He's starting to look to be on borrowed time for me, he's constantly injured or coming back from injury, then when he does return he drops a bollock because he needs games apparently, games he never gets because he's immediately injured again. What's the point?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Do we know what Pervis's latest injury is though? Didn't look like a hamstring re-occurrence to me, looked like knee :(

Anyway Webster. FFS. He's starting to look to be on borrowed time for me, he's constantly injured or coming back from injury, then when he does return he drops a bollock because he needs games apparently, games he never gets because he's immediately injured again. What's the point?
Agree with this. And unfortunately these frequent short term injuries have blighted him for his entire time with us and in my view stopped him reaching his potential

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yeah exactly. It's naive to think that players are never rushed back to play when they're not ready. I'm not blaming RDZ or any particular manager for this, but they're under a lot of pressure to get results and players are keen to get back in the side. It happens time and time again.
RDZ can think more long term than you’re giving him credit for here I’m guessing. He can see the risks of “rushing” players back and he’s responsible for £100m assets here etc . Look at how careful he’s been with Ansu Fati’s game time . He’s 11 games in 44 days coming up and is known for rotating. It’s tough to manage all that but it sounds like this argument is that injuries always have to have someone to blame. - normally (The coaches ignoring medical advice under pressure to win, poor medical choices when managing recovery, or the player himself just being injury “ridden” like it’s an addiction that other players don’t have ). But hardly ever - just unlucky ( a twist, a tackle, a slip , a fall) .

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
In light of today's press conference ....

-------Verbruggen
Veltman Dunk Van Hecke Gross
-------Gilmour Baleba
--Adingra --Lallana --Fati
---------Ferguson

Steele / Lamptey / McConville / Hinshelwood / Moder / Pedro / Buonanotte / Baker Boaitey / O'Mahoney

Forest scouts will be watching our u21 game tonight to see who's not playing. There will be several with the first team.

Pedro and Facu not to start only due to the travelling and game time. I'm sure they will get half an hour

Redinpeace

Apr 27, 2023
Good luck tomorrow ( not too much obviously 😬), hope those travelling up to City Ground are made to feel welcome, most visiting fans seem to enjoy the sights and sounds in the lower Bridgford🙏, let’s play nice and share the points eh?.

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
Team sort of picks itself with just a decision on either Bart or Steele and also Lallana or Buonanotte?

Bart or Steele

Veltman
Dunk
JPVH
Gross

Gilmour
Baleba

Adringa
Fati

Lallana or Buonanotte
Pedro

Subs: Bart or Steele, Moder, Lallana or Buonanotte, Lamptey, Ferguson, * 4x U21's

* Team for tonight's U21 match will give more clues as to who may be on the bench from the U21's

Just pray that Igor is fit for Thursday as no JPVH and I think getting through tomorrow's match with no more injuries is more important than the result!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good luck tomorrow ( not too much obviously 😬), hope those travelling up to City Ground are made to feel welcome, most visiting fans seem to enjoy the sights and sounds in the lower Bridgford🙏, let’s play nice and share the points eh?.
You've got a great chance of all three, we're severely depleted with injuries to key players and we're out of form (the two things are linked).

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Steele; Veltman, Van Hecke, Dunk; Gross; Gilmour, Baleba, Lallana; Fati, Ferguson, Adingra.
Subs: Verbruggen, McGill, Lamptey, Moder, Buonanotte, Joao Pedro, Hinshelwood, O’Mahoney, Duffus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here