Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Forest away

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
For all this talk of extra games we have only played three more games than at the same stage last season.

Given we now go into a crazy period this could get really messy and could end up defining our season.

I know Tony Bloom doesn’t like spending in January but we simply may have no choice.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Steele; Veltman, Van Hecke, Dunk; Gross; Gilmour, Baleba, Lallana; Fati, Ferguson, Adingra.
Subs: Verbruggen, McGill, Lamptey, Moder, Buonanotte, Joao Pedro, Hinshelwood, O’Mahoney, Duffus.

Bloody hell. Two keepers on the bench just about sums it up.

Also we KNOW that Lallana isn't going to last 90 minutes.....as will Cooper.

I'm getting a little worried about AEK now, which IMO should take priority.
I'm also desperately trying to not think about Chelsea in 9 days time....

My GUESS is that Igor is held back for AEK, as are Pedro and Lamptey. At least Dahood can play in Athens.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
For all this talk of extra games we have only played three more games than at the same stage last season.

Given we now go into a crazy period this could get really messy and could end up defining our season.

I know Tony Bloom doesn’t like spending in January but we simply may have no choice.
He spent on MacAllister, Lamptey , Knockaert , and Caicedo in recent years - he will if he needs to.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think we are going to get some batterings until we het some better luck with injuries

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003

Taking the Albion in isolation, this makes sense. But with so many Premier League club suffering a similar number of injuries, demand might mean that January fees are even more inflated than usual. So ... I'm steeling myself for us not doing much January business.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He spent on MacAllister, Lamptey , Knockaert , and Caicedo in recent years - he will if he needs to.
Agreed. And there will be some opportunity to shine, which will be more attractive than just bench warming. A good enough LB / Winger / CM should get game time, including in the latter stages of a European competition with any luck (at worst probably the latter stages of the Conference league?).

Beram Kayal was a January signing. Together with Hughton they were jointly responsible for keeping us up that season. We all know what happened in the next two.....

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

We have the longest recovery time in the league - although we face tougher opposition over the Christmas period than most other Clubs and we do have a crazy number of injuries - Only Manchester United and Newcastle have more but they have much deeper squads - Sheffield will be in a similar situation to us with their 11 injuries.

Apart from the players mentioned above, Buonanotte was also a January signing and has been very useful in helping to cover injury positions - we don’t not trade in January for the sake of it, if we want a player we will go for it as we did with Mykola Matviyenko last January - I think that he is a player that could definitely be on the wish list again for January to fill a much needed back up LB position.

Jimmy Grimble

Probably the hardest RDZ team and system to pick given injuries and upcoming games.

I think he’ll go with something pretty fluid.

Steele/Verbruggen
Veltman JPVH Dunk Gross
Pedro Gilmour Baleba Adingra
Lallana
Ferguson

But that could shift into

Steele/Verbruggen
Veltman JPVH Dunk
Gross Gilmour Baleba
Lallana
Pedro Adingra
Ferguson

With Lamptey, Fati and Moder being used to switch up the system as and when needed. He seems to prefer Fati in the Europa League, so off the bench tomorrow makes sense.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agreed. And there will be some opportunity to shine, which will be more attractive than just bench warming. A good enough LB / Winger / CM should get game time, including in the latter stages of a European competition with any luck (at worst probably the latter stages of the Conference league?).

Beram Kayal was a January signing. Together with Hughton they were jointly responsible for keeping us up that season. We all know what happened in the next two.....
And let's not forget Leonardo Ulloa.

Various orbiting satellites certainly haven't.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I'd argue that those have largely been signings "for the future" (notwithstanding when exactly they made their debut after signing) rather than to fill an immediate need in the team. Which are less likely to change in price in January compared to the summer.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
They are 6 points behind us and we will be fielding a second 11, plus as you say they are unbeaten at home. This is a bloody good opportunity to get their fourth win
We’re hardly fielding a second 11 (Dunk, Veltman, Adingra, Gross, Verbruggen, Ansu Fati, Van Hecke, Lallana, are likely starters and Gilmour , Pedro , Moder, Buonanotte , Ferguson and Lamptey are also in the squad and they have injuries too. If lucky - Igor will pass his fitness test. It’s not bring your boots time - yet.
Sure - after that it’s a bit thin. And we’ll miss Mitoma but there’s enough there surely.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

And Ulloa. The 'Tony doesn't like January' shtick doesn't really stand up, does it. I know he said so once upon a time, and still would rather sign players in the summer, but that doesn't mean that he won't engage in January.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Probably the hardest RDZ team and system to pick given injuries and upcoming games.

Steele/Verbruggen
Veltman JPVH Dunk Gross
Lallana
Ferguson

Steele/Verbruggen
Veltman JPVH Dunk
Gross Gilmour Baleba
Lallana
Pedro Adingra
Ferguson

With Lamptey, Fati and Moder being used to switch up the system as and when needed. He seems to prefer Fati in the Europa League, so off the bench tomorrow makes sense.
That'll do me. Fati will be involved, but will be prioritised for max minutes on Thu

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

Steele/Verbruggen
Veltman JPVH Dunk Gross
Lallana
Ferguson

Steele/Verbruggen
Veltman JPVH Dunk
Gross Gilmour Baleba
Lallana
Pedro Adingra
Ferguson

I think you are right here. Igor won’t be risked with a view to him playing on Thursday instead of a suspended JPVH.
Lamptey to come on after 60 minutes to play left back with the game opening up a bit. Fati to also come off the bench and then finally the return of Moder to play in the number ten role.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here