Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephens...poor show tonight!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Needs time to settle and get to know where players are. Gets caught on the ball at the moment.
Spanish Barnes wasn't so good either tonight, but 2 games in 4 days a big ask after not playing since October.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Nope not great but solid enough, he did lose the ball a few times but he worked hard throughout the game and certainly helped us get the clean sheet - people expect too much of him, he's just signed for a new club who play a completely different style, different tempo & different tactics ect to his old team, you can't expect him to be an instant hero it will take him time to adapt.

Just find the over the top reaction on here absurd, the guys played 3 games we don't need a thread about him he's not been bad has he really for a new addition getting used to new things?

like I said happy to give him the benefit if the doubt - but he had a poor game - that's a fact. Personally I thought he was trying too hard and it didn't work for him tonight.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I thought he had a good game myself but each to their own I suppose.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I seem to recall the knives being out,after a couple of games, for Crofts when he returned to the club.............

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There are some real idiots on this board, Stephens did ok tonight. He has to adapt and learn our pattern and his partner's - Orlandi in this instance - style. His chip pass to Orlandi into the box in the first half was sublime. He's not on the pitch to do the same job as Ince, he's there to create and I really hope he doesn't read crap like this thread, the title should certainly change. We need to support the team and new players not damn them for one poor pass for example. :tosser:

Well said, anyone would have thought we had lost with the negative comments on this thread.

WE BEAT LEEDS 1-0 :clap2:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
For a side that hasn't played together much, we weren't really troubled tonight. It could be said two or three were a bit out of sorts, so can you imagine how we would play with all eleven on song? Someone is going to be on the wrong end of a hiding soon, possibly Hull next Monday :ohmy:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
like I said happy to give him the benefit if the doubt - but he had a poor game - that's a fact

No it's not. It's an opinion. Yours.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Thought he was decent. Certainly seemed to be involved in a lot of our attacks, especially in the first half.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
In the game I watched, he looked a good player. Athletic, all over the pitch and strong tackling. An objcetive view from my Leeds supporting mate watching the same game agrees he looks good.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
No it's not. It's an opinion. Yours.

no sorry if you watched the same game as me he was poor - no one could describe his performance as great as the previous poster did. Granted not as bad a Harley, but not a great game. I am not slating the bloke he just didn't play well as Spanish Rodney who had a poor game but played well on saturday - he just had a poor game and that is a fact. Did you think Dale was "great" tonight?

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
There are some real idiots on this board, Stephens did ok tonight. He has to adapt and learn our pattern and his partner's - Orlandi in this instance - style. His chip pass to Orlandi into the box in the first half was sublime. He's not on the pitch to do the same job as Ince, he's there to create and I really hope he doesn't read crap like this thread, the title should certainly change. We need to support the team and new players not damn them for one poor pass for example. :tosser:

All about opinions, glad to be proved wrong...this is of course a chatroom where we are able to share our thoughts on our mighty team. On a similar thread, prefer to see Orlandi in a wider berth as he was stunted in the middle. I haven't come to the conclusion based upon one pass, there were a number of misplaced passes and just generally appeared off the pace imho.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
no sorry if you watched the same game as me he was poor - no one could describe his performance as great as the previous poster did. Granted not as bad a Harley, but not a great game. I am not slating the bloke he just didn't play well as Spanish Rodney who had a poor game but played well on saturday - he just had a poor game and that is a fact. Did you think Dale was "great" tonight?

If I did think Dale was great tonight, would that be a fact too? No. It would be my opinion.

Are we going to have to get the dictionary out here?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
If I did think Dale was great tonight, would that be a fact too? No. It would be my opinion.

Are we going to have to get the dictionary out here?

I really cant be bothered to argue the semantics of it - but I am sure if you asked dale did you have a great game to night he would say no - so maybe that would make it a fact or just his opinion. - But you still haven't answered my question - did you think Dale was great tonight?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Nope not great but solid enough, he did lose the ball a few times but he worked hard throughout the game and certainly helped us get the clean sheet - people expect too much of him, he's just signed for a new club who play a completely different style, different tempo & different tactics ect to his old team, you can't expect him to be an instant hero it will take him time to adapt.

Just find the over the top reaction on here absurd, the guys played 3 games we don't need a thread about him he's not been bad has he really for a new addition getting used to new things?

Saved me from typing it.

I read some of these comments sometimes and wonder if anyone has ever payed attention to a football match in their life :shrug:

He put in a shift tonight, it wasn't a game changer but he did the simple things well and didn't get outplayed in the middle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here