Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephens...poor show tonight!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I thought he had a good game? :shrug: Strange game of opinions is football...

And even if he did have a bad game and my eyes were deceiving me, give the lad some time! Coming to a new team with a complete different style of play can't be easy.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agreed. In the 3 games I've seen him he's not looked that good. Will give him time though. Don't think just him and Ince works as a midfield 2 - need some more experience...

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I thought he was great today. Granted he ruined a set play from a corner but he broke up play well.

Really - Christ I must have been at a different game - he was awful. Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt but that was not a very good performance. I am staggered you thought it was great. Great was Ince, Lua Lua and March - just so you know for future.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Really - Christ I must have been at a different game - he was awful. Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt but that was not a very good performance. I am staggered you thought it was great. Great was Ince, Lua Lua and March - just so you know for future.

Just because somebody has a different opinion doesn't mean you need to patronise them, sir.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Orlandi coming back from injury
Stephens second game in
give them a chance FFS

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Judge him after 10 games, seen enough already to suggest he will be a very good addition to the squad.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I thought he looked slow and lost possession too often for a CM! He should improve, and I hope he does! He passing looked great though.

He reminds me of Gary Dicker, speed of thought not quick enough, but he does look like a footballer and hopefully he will get up to speed after a few games.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Struggled to get an understanding with Orlandi and both frequently got caught in poor positions but he looks technically good and sure with more game time he will learn our way

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I saw enough for him to suspect that once he's fully integrated with our system and style of play- let's not forget, he's been in the middle of a very poor and negative Charlton side for a while, that he'll be an asset to us.

By no means was he rubbish tonight. I think he's still feeling his way in, but he had enough decent moments to keep me happy. You'd have to be either stupid or a bit of a tool to write him off after a couple of games (especially when one was Watford, when pretty much the whole team played poorly).

Just my opinion, like.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
So when did you become the patronising police? Did you think Stephens was great tonight?

Nope not great but solid enough, he did lose the ball a few times but he worked hard throughout the game and certainly helped us get the clean sheet - people expect too much of him, he's just signed for a new club who play a completely different style, different tempo & different tactics ect to his old team, you can't expect him to be an instant hero it will take him time to adapt.

Just find the over the top reaction on here absurd, the guys played 3 games we don't need a thread about him he's not been bad has he really for a new addition getting used to new things?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nope not great but solid enough - people expect too much of him, he's just signed for a new club who play a completely different style, different tempo & different tactics ect to his old team, you can't expect him to be an instant hero it will take him time to adapt.

Just find the over the top reaction on here absurd, the guys played 3 games we don't need a thread about him he's not been bad has he really for a new addition getting used to new things?

Agreed, to start a thread calling him poor is...poor. It might end up being another "Spanish Dave: what exactly does he do?" sort of moment. Hope so anyway.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
There are some real idiots on this board, Stephens did ok tonight. He has to adapt and learn our pattern and his partner's - Orlandi in this instance - style. His chip pass to Orlandi into the box in the first half was sublime. He's not on the pitch to do the same job as Ince, he's there to create and I really hope he doesn't read crap like this thread, the title should certainly change. We need to support the team and new players not damn them for one poor pass for example. :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here