Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ssn hd

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm actually quite excited to get home and see it for myself now.

*sad*

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What im saying......if the bandwidths are being stretched , then HD will look the as SD does now , when all channels are HD... (because as ive been told bandwidth will have to be shared between more HD channels which will compress the pic more and more)
Dont know what you dont understand !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

I do kind of get what you mean. It'd still be better than SD, but the HD won't be quite as good HD as it was.

Thats the only thing with HD - you do get noticably different degrees of HD quality across the programmes channels (and depending on whether it was actually filmed in HD or not). Some so-called HD I've seen has been quite crap, but on the whole, Sky Sports coverage is excellent HD.

Similar with blu-ray. Some of them are superb, whilst others don't look much better than standard DVD.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Its hardly essential, I agree.
But when you've been watching the HD sports channels and you flick over to SSN for a gander, the sudden drop in picture quality is quite noticable. So in that respect, its good that they're now just bringing it into line with the rest of their coverage.

But yes, I could quite easily have continued my existance without it.

Totally agree with this, needed to be done to keep SSN in line with the other SS channels. But wouldn't have lost any sleep if it had remained standard definition.

Millie Clode did look pretty damn good this morning though :love:

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
What im saying......if the bandwidths are being stretched , then HD will look the as SD does now , when all channels are HD... (because as ive been told bandwidth will have to be shared between more HD channels which will compress the pic more and more)
Dont know what you dont understand !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Sadly, every single word of it .... but unfortunately for me I'm from a generation that always thought 'Bandwidth' was a measurement of how far across the stage the Rolling Stones performed?

Half of you reading that will probably be saying "Rolling who?"

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I do kind of get what you mean. It'd still be better than SD, but the HD won't be quite as good HD as it was.

Thats the only thing with HD - you do get noticably different degrees of HD quality across the programmes channels (and depending on whether it was actually filmed in HD or not). Some so-called HD I've seen has been quite crap, but on the whole, Sky Sports coverage is excellent HD.

Similar with blu-ray. Some of them are superb, whilst others don't look much better than standard DVD.

Oddly, i think Eurosport HD is supposed to be the best quality HD.

On a side note, I can't see them making everything HD as they'd have to them make massively large recorders, i taped a rugby match in HD the other day and it used something like 13% of my Sky+HD disk space

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Oddly, i think Eurosport HD is supposed to be the best quality HD.

On a side note, I can't see them making everything HD as they'd have to them make massively large recorders, i taped a rugby match in HD the other day and it used something like 13% of my Sky+HD disk space

For consistent quality Eurosport is the best quality HD channel out there.

Storage space for big corporations is no problem. SKY are building massive storage farms with hundreds of thousands of server racks.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I like the tweak in lay out brought on by it going HD.

however I don't have HD and only have a small telly in my bedroom - thus now I only get half the blue bar on the right and a fraction of the red/yellow bar on the bottom :(

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was getting a little excited about soccer saturday, but then realised we're home on saturday so I'll have to wait longer for it. Be a little too sad to record that, wouldn't it?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I was getting a little excited about soccer saturday, but then realised we're home on saturday so I'll have to wait longer for it. Be a little too sad to record that, wouldn't it?

Will there be the midweek equilivant this week for League Cup and/or Champions League? I know it's not the same but should be the same layout etc.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Sadly, every single word of it .... but unfortunately for me I'm from a generation that always thought 'Bandwidth' was a measurement of how far across the stage the Rolling Stones performed?

Half of you reading that will probably be saying "Rolling who?"

Was in London on Thursday and saw Ronnie Wood outside an art gallery in Conduit St, having an 'oily'. Felt weak at the knees !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here