• No, keep it as it is

Votes: 241 84.0%

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Keep it whole, it's like my internet boozer, all topics are welcome.
I even enjoy the away supporters, if anyone becomes too much of a pain just ban them

This is the PERFECT description. I'm yet to walk into a pub and have to enter different areas based on what I wish to discuss. Leave as is.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A question to those who support a split ( and to @Bozza as well I guess as he and the mods would have to police it ) :

Given virtually EVERY thread, football related or not, deviates from the original topic down numerous paths, how on earth would you be able to split single threads covering multiple topics.

Last edited:

Just an Away End please.

Sensible Palace posters allowed on all forums, idiots just have access to The Away End.

Seems to work on BBS.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Dear Bozza,
I think by virtue of the fact that you have asked the question, you must know the answer.

This Board is a fantastic place to discuss all things Albion. HOWEVER, it is really coming to something when your Mods keep merging unrelated threads, only for the board to then be infested with a range of threads discussing all sorts of childish crap, political minefields, and other minority sports.

In my opinion, and I know that of others I have spoken to, the Main Board should be limited to discussing topics directly related to Brighton & Hove Albion.

Just an Away End please.

Sensible Palace posters allowed on all forums, idiots just have access to The Away End.

I really don't get the away fans only idea. What would they do, just sit around slating us all day? I just don't see the point.

Rival fans, wind-ups included, are all part of the fun of message boards. It's equally funny seeing the resident morons get all het up about them.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
If it was broken into different sections it then involves more clicking for users to navigate around therefore breaking up the flow and meaning less individuals will post.

Would be best to keep it as it is i believe.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But every other club forum on the planet are boring as :censored:

true story!

The fact is, when footballing/Albion stuff is afoot, NSC quickly reflects this, with mighty relevant threads relegating the bizarre and quirky workings of the NSC consciousness out of the way.

It happens organically

Keep same as otherwise splitting football and non football up would dent the first and completly kill the second I think

NSC is self regulating, when there is Albion news to discuss, it is at the top of the main board, and when football is secondary, then such non-Albion topics are discussed. Some of the greatest threads are non-Albion in nature, and if they were effectively moved to 'the other stuff' area then the level of contributions would be drastically reduced.

leave it, the single big board is one of the things that makes it better than so many other internet forums. besides, you will only give yourself an admin headache as threads have to be constantly moved to other sub-forums as people will start them in the wrong place (and threads will desend into bickering over which forum it should be in).

ITS BUSY CAUSE IT WORKS:thumbsup:

All of this. Spot on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree with [MENTION=365]Dougal[/MENTION]. The *only* split I'd have is 1 board for football, 1 board for everything else.

And as an aside, we already have forums that are barely used, so maybe folding some of these back into the Big Board should be considered?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It already IS split: there's about fourteen or fifteen different forums already. And if you are going split the main discussion into arbitrary sub-headings there will always be rows about categorisation. "What sandwiches to the Albion players eat when they're on their way to vote?"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
With NSC busier than ever before, would you prefer main the main discussion forum split up into 2 or more sub-forums, or keep it all in one?
At the moment I think it's coping with all the chat in just the big board. If there were two or more, I'd only really look at the one discussing Brighton, and I'd miss the funny bits.

A solution to the packed main board could be to ask Rev to stop starting so many dull threads, and ask your followers to leave off the brown nosing happy birthday threads.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Also we DO occasionally have temporary sub-forums for special events: Big Brother for example. I've got no objection to those, indeed I think we should have one during the transfer window for transfer .... I was going to say 'rumours' but usually they're not even that, just people making stuff up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And if you needed any more reason to keep it as one, here it is:
1 board for football , 1 for other . No one likes change but I'm certain after a while NSC would be better for it and more people would join and post
Agreed.

Much prefer to have a forum just for football.

:D

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
SPLIT

Too many stupid threads, not about football or the Albion

Suppose the chattering classes would like to leave it as it is....you are just driving real footie talking fans away.

Am I wrong? Don't think so. Other club forums split their content.
Yes, you are wrong. Only dullards want to talk about football all day. Unless of course by 'real football fans' you mean nerdy anoraks with no other interests?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Please please leave it as it is. Always seen NSC as a forum for Albion fans rather than an Albion forum - and as others have said it's so much more reflective of the football experience having everything mixed together. When we go on away trips we don't spend the whole time discussing formations!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here