Votes: 46 16.0%
  • No, keep it as it is

Votes: 241 84.0%

• Total voters

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Where would a thread about Craig Bellamy and his mourning for Gary Speed leading to the break up of his marriage go? Football or non-football?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
This is a very good idea (although I hope it doesn't encourage a raft of new posters who are only interested in dry, boring football related chat), but please don't split off topic up too much - one icon for Albion, one for football, and one for off topic would be my preference. If you look around other forums, the worst are always the ones with over-zealous use of different boards, where half of them just die - it's a vicious circle of less people looking because there's no posts and then less people wanting to post in there as they know no ones going to look at it. I realise your idea is a slightly less severe form of this, but ideally you want as many people as possible to see as much as possible in order to stop the board becoming fragmented and losing its charm!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well dont click them then...

All these people saying they only care about the football threads... Well then just click the football threads!!!

It's not that simple though is it. On a busy day some threads are off the first page within a few hours. I don't click on any thread I don't like the look of, but it takes some scrolling down and looking to find football threads sometimes.

SPLIT SPLIT SPLIT SPLIT SPLIT SPLIT

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
It's not that simple though is it. On a busy day some threads are off the first page within a few hours. I don't click on any thread I don't like the look of, but it takes some scrolling down and looking to find football threads sometimes.

SPLIT SPLIT SPLIT SPLIT SPLIT SPLIT

It is very simple... All one forum... more diversity in topics, in users and so what if you may have to go onto the next page.

This aint one of the best, if not best footy forums for no reason..

The feature of hoovering the pointer over the thread to display the first couple of lines within the initial post is handy as to whether it is worth clikcing into...

LEAVE :clap: LEAVE :clap: LEAVE :clap: LEAVE :clap: LEAVE :clap: LEAVE :clap: LEAVE :clap:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i like the current format, but i would love to see an AWAY fans bit.
either that, or the mods jump on the away fans that do start threads / post on threads to get a reaction.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just about got it figured out, I think...

1. Post icons (the little pictures at the bottom when you create a new thread need to be disabled. I've done that for this forum.
2. Post prefixes, which have never been used, need to be enabled. I need to set these up with an image for each one - I'll get onto this tonight. These will be mandatory in this forum, so you will have to choose one with each new thread. Tapatalk will request the same.
3. Post prefixes will appear the same as the existing post icons, with a little picture in front of each thread title.
4. There is a filtering option for post prefixes, currently at the bottom of the forum home page. I'll look for a way to also put this at the top of the page too so people have a one click 'Albion posts only' link.
5. For everyone who likes the single view, it remains as is.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

1. Post icons (the little pictures at the bottom when you create a new thread need to be disabled. I've done that for this forum.
2. Post prefixes, which have never been used, need to be enabled. I need to set these up with an image for each one - I'll get onto this tonight. These will be mandatory in this forum, so you will have to choose one with each new thread. Tapatalk will request the same.
3. Post prefixes will appear the same as the existing post icons, with a little picture in front of each thread title.
4. There is a filtering option for post prefixes, currently at the bottom of the forum home page. I'll look for a way to also put this at the top of the page too so people have a one click 'Albion posts only' link.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :bowdown: All hail [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I take it mod-powers will enable us to edit incorrectly chosen prefixes (i.e. when our resident spammers post shit, and label it as 'Albion' for a wider audience)?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War

Thank you Bozza. :clap2:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Even better, I've found another modification that will allow you to click on an icon (such as the little stripey shirt) and that will trigger a filter to return only the threads with the same icon. Click it again to return to the original view.

I'll get it installed tonight.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Even better, I've found another modification that will allow you to click on an icon (such as the little stripey shirt) and that will trigger a filter to return only the threads with the same icon. Click it again to return to the original view.

You've got too much time on your hands, mate. Try getting out more.

(But keep up the good work, too)

saslowi

Feb 2, 2009
Keep it as it is. Often you read "only on NSC"as a comment. Forums that get split end up boring. It is very easy to scroll down the page and ignore posts of no interest.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
I like all the old crap mixed in with the occasional interesting bit please leave as is

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

For those on the 'NSC classic' view, I've removed the little icons that I know annoyed some people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here