Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i think he was on a lot of wedge, and mr oscar will be able to bring 2 in for the price of 1 as it were.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
We all our opinions but until we see who is brought in to replace him and see him play, I'll reserve judgement on whether it was a mistake or not. The knee jerk reaction is that it is, however long term maybe it won't be.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
So who is this other Dave we rumoured to be interested in? Can't see what Bladders has put as blocked at work.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Rest easy. Bloom won't let the club slide. He has already said he expects a top 6 challenge this season. If Garcia doesn't cut it, he won't be around long.

You mean he'll suddenly be found to have breached his contract?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm guessing that he was either on too much money, or Oscar has a bit of the Wenger about him and wants pace all over the park. The lack of pace is all I can offer against Spanish Dave, as I thought he was tremendous for us once he settled into the English game a bit.

Oscar will have to bring couple of midfielders in, but they could well be the back-ups to rotate in. I think he'll play pacy wide men, so that's Buckley and Kaz. In the middle we'll have Bridders and Crofty, while Orlandi sits in the hole. The starting 5 are here already. If SD didn't have the pace to play wide for Oscar, then that could have been big money he'd rather spent on someone else.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm guessing that he was either on too much money, or Oscar has a bit of the Wenger about him and wants pace all over the park. The lack of pace is all I can offer against Spanish Dave, as I thought he was tremendous for us once he settled into the English game a bit.

Oscar will have to bring couple of midfielders in, but they could well be the back-ups to rotate in. I think he'll play pacy wide men, so that's Buckley and Kaz. In the middle we'll have Bridders and Crofty, while Orlandi sits in the hole. The starting 5 are here already. If SD didn't have the pace to play wide for Oscar, then that could have been big money he'd rather spent on someone else.

That's very, very sound logic.

I hope SD doesn't find his way to another Championship team; I'd much rather he went to Spain.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
According to dave in the argus article he was happy with terms of contract and felt garcia wanted him on board. With that in mind would seem an odd decision. We are very thin in midfield as it stands, 3 needed i think.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It was a photoshopped picture with the head of Rodney from Only Fools & Horses.

:lol:

Noticed that in the online article, it mentions that there was no issue with the money on offer, or the duration? He wanted to see who the new Coach was going to be, and yet he still didn't sign in the last couple of weeks?

Something not right there. If he was so keen to come back and the contract was fine as was the Coach, why didn't he sign? What was he waiting for?

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
:lol:

Noticed that in the online article, it mentions that there was no issue with the money on offer, or the duration? He wanted to see who the new Coach was going to be, and yet he still didn't sign in the last couple of weeks?

Something not right there. If he was so keen to come back and the contract was fine as was the Coach, why didn't he sign? What was he waiting for?

A better offer? I rate the guy but if we can replace some of our more pedestrian midfielders like Hammond and Spanish with some proper pace and technical ability it will speed up our style if play.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I can't help but think this is a mistake. That being said I trust Oscar and he does need to make the squad his own. If it frees up wages to help Oscar build the team he wants to build then it's for the best long term.

We'll certainly miss him though, he's a class act.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Is that a subtle hint that Liam Trotter is coming here?

I am not convinced that Oscar or his staff will know who Liam Trotter is...

I am a little sad SD is going but he did lack pace, is unable to take players on and did not tackle, if only we could find someone with his attributes (penalty taking, free kicks, passing, defending) plus pace and taking players on and tackling... Is Ronaldo available? :D

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Disapointing to hear, Dave was one of the best performers for us last season. His passing was a treat to behold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here