Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Everyone assumes we have some one else lined up etc but feeling pessimistic I wonder if, bar a left back, we will run with what we have got. The starting 11 would be okay but injuries etc would cause issues. Hope I am wrong and it is just the hangover from gus which is still having an impact with not hearing from oscar etc. Is this also causing delays on signings since I feel we are thin at the moment.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I now know why Spanish Dave has not yet signed... This from The Times website's Tour de France coverage:

"Chris Froome came home safely, shepherded by David Lopez, to retain the yellow jersey."

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Everyone assumes we have some one else lined up etc but feeling pessimistic I wonder if, bar a left back, we will run with what we have got. The starting 11 would be okay but injuries etc would cause issues. Hope I am wrong and it is just the hangover from gus which is still having an impact with not hearing from oscar etc. Is this also causing delays on signings since I feel we are thin at the moment.

We need 4 or perhaps 5 in, of which 2/3 are midfielders.

Last year we got 3 in on transfer deadline day at the end of August, and Orlandi was only 2-3 days before that as well.

I hope we don't leave a left back that long, but plenty of time for the rest.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
i think he'll still sign......our club staff have all had the poker masterclass from Bloom ,and the agents get all twisted up and shout weird things in the press.

a really decent player that really really suits us and our style.......we know it, he knows it, its just a matter of cash n contract.

but i'm sure Oscar can get the whole Barcelona B team so it doesn't really matter who goes..........we just need poyet to sludge off to satanta sports with no money, then players will be flocking here on easyjet from spain.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Palarse signed most of their players at the last moment and look what happened to them...

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I wouldn't be surprised if a few Spanish lads joined the team in Spain next week, an ideal time to check them out.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373609998.501281.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373610025.417491.jpg

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Real shame, just hope Oscar has someone of superior quality and pace lined up.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Pity that - lack of pace and the occasional tendency to disappear are the only things you could level at Spanish Dave. Great passer, venomous shot, superb with a dead ball and cool penalty taker. Will always remember that strike against Palace.
Adios, many thanks and good luck matey. Let's hope Oscar has a gem up his sleeve.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Real shame, just hope Oscar has someone of superior quality and pace lined up.

They will have to be bloody good to be better than Dave. A big call by the club, he was quality last year. Not sure he will be easy to replace

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I wonder how much the FFP bollocks will affect our ability to get players of required standard to push for promotion?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Pity that - lack of pace and the occasional tendency to disappear are the only things you could level at Spanish Dave. Great passer, venomous shot, superb with a dead ball and cool penalty taker. Will always remember that strike against Palace.
Adios, many thanks and good luck matey. Let's hope Oscar has a gem up his sleeve.

Perfectly put.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Not good news. Improving on last year is not going to be easy if we have to replace Spanish, Hammond and Bridge before the improvements can commence.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
:( If we do manage to bring in a higher quality replacement, I'll be very happy. It's a big ask though.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They will have to be bloody good to be better than Dave. A big call by the club, he was quality last year. Not sure he will be easy to replace

I'll reserve judgement on the decision by the club until the transfer window closes.

I can only assume they pulled the 1 year offer cause Oscar said no to Spanish Dave as he has some one better in mind to spend the money on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here