Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
As I said before he's too lightweight.

Can't have a team full of these kind of players.

Orlandi is far better.

Buckley-----Orlandi---bridcutt-------Lua Lua

-------------------barnes----
--------------------------ulloa

Just need to improve our bench

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
IMO if OG really wanted him here he would have been signed up again by now.

Why? Players are nothing to do with him...it's Burke who deals with players etc

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I won't mind too much if he does not come back. He takes a great pen and free kick but other than that he can go missing. Is he worth having just for set plays? Possibly.

If we don't sign him we must have someone else in mind.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I imagine Dave's wage demands are quite a bit higher than El Abd's so the difference between a one and two-year deal is quite a big issue financially.

I'd love him to stay, as on his day he's among the best in the league. But I agree he does sometimes go missing - I guess at this level there has to be some flaws in your game otherwise you'd be playing in a higher league.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
I imagine Dave's wage demands are quite a bit higher than El Abd's so the difference between a one and two-year deal is quite a big issue financially.

I'd love him to stay, as on his day he's among the best in the league. But I agree he does sometimes go missing - I guess at this level there has to be some flaws in your game otherwise you'd be playing in a higher league.

I have a hunch that the club wanted to be more, let's say, 'accommodating' with El-Abd to create a feel good factor between the club and the fans to a loyal servant of the club. This being in the aftermath of the recent saga.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oscar isn't involved in transfers or contracts. David Burke is

Can't imagine that he won't have a major say in who he wants, the negotiations may not be down to him but I don't see Burke buying players without Garcia wanting them

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

If Mr Burke were signing players that Mr Garcia didn't want, there would be something seriously wrong. Presumably they do actually talk to each other!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Does anyone really think Garcia has no say? This line keeps being trotted out but the idea of Burke buying or getting in loan players without Garcia's approval seems ludicrous to me. No decent manager is going to sign up to that scenario imo.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Left my feeling a little down this morning, had hoped to see him back. Like others I hope we have suitable replacement in mind since I feel we are a lb and couple of midfield players short.
Barber email states budget in line with last year so with the departures etc there would seem to be room for some additions, rather sooner than later.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As much as I would love SD to stay, the midfield is the one part of the squad which is relatively deep, so he would not be so much of a miss. Also I'm pretty sure should we want to bring in a replacement then flair midfielders are in plentiful supply, unlike top notch strikers or quality fullbacks.

I hope the agent's bluff is being called, and we can come to some arrangement with Dave as he is class. However I feel fullback is now our biggest need, the midfield looks pretty reasonable at the moment.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I will be gutted if he turns up at another Championship club

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I will be gutted if he turns up at another Championship club

You know exactly what will happen if he does. Seems likely too with Middlesbrough and Forest interested

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Does anyone really think Garcia has no say?

No chance, In my opinion as with the lack of interviews with Oscar and the players it's just a game being played to satisfy the lawyers until the Gus situation is sorted.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Two months have gone by and he has not signed. He had his chance and clearly he and the agent did not want it enough. We need to move on. I would be far more disappointed if I heard that Bridcutt was moving on to be honest. All quiet on that front fortunately.

I do not see SD being that much of a wanted figure in the Championship at the salary we have offered him. His loss as well as ours.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Two months have gone by and he has not signed. He had his chance and clearly he and the agent did not want it enough. We need to move on. I would be far more disappointed if I heard that Bridcutt was moving on to be honest. All quiet on that front fortunately.

I do not see SD being that much of a wanted figure in the Championship at the salary we have offered him. His loss as well as ours.

I agree with the sentiment, but don't understand your penultimate sentence. Do we know what sort of salary he's been offered?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here