Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maybe Gus was right....?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not good news. Improving on last year is not going to be easy if we have to replace Spanish, Hammond and Bridge before the improvements can commence.

I agree with that....those three were integral parts of last years success....this season is going to be very interesting and I personally think that brighton fans may ave to very patient over the next few years whilst this inexperienced coach gets to grip with the English game.....patience is not something a lot of people on here are gifted with.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I doubt this has to do with FFP other wise the 1 year deal would not have been offered in the first place, just the fact that the new management team want to use the funds elsewhere

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I doubt this has to do with FFP, just the fact that the new management team want to use the funds elsewhere other wise the 1 year deal would not have been offered in the first place.

Not a fact mate, just your opinion. Lol

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I personally think that brighton fans may ave to very patient over the next few years whilst this inexperienced coach gets to grip with the English game.....patience is not something a lot of people on here are gifted with.

Rest easy. Bloom won't let the club slide. He has already said he expects a top 6 challenge this season. If Garcia doesn't cut it, he won't be around long.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Shame and a little confusing to withdraw the offer. I, like everyone else, hope for better lined up but am concerned about ffp and compensation paid to tanno and charlie and possibly gus meaning we will run as we are. Hope I am wrong.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shame and a little confusing to withdraw the offer. I, like everyone else, hope for better lined up but am concerned about ffp and compensation paid to tanno and charlie and possibly gus meaning we will run as we are. Hope I am wrong.

The offer was made before Oscar came in, there has to be a reasonable chance that Oscar has someone else he would prefer lined up. I really hope it's a skilful player who can take penalties and free kicks as well as having pace.

I can't get the article posted from the Argus large enough or clear enough to read so maybe I missed something.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I doubt this has to do with FFP other wise the 1 year deal would not have been offered in the first place, just the fact that the new management team want to use the funds elsewhere

Indeed. We all know the budget is tight and we may need a few K a week elsewhere to clinch a deal.

Current midfielders are

Bridcutt
Orlandi
Buckley
KLL
Crofts
JFC
March
(Barnes)
Harley

so 2 more would be required at most, as things stand without losing anyone else. Let's hope we can bring in some real quality.

Shame Spanish Dave isn't coming back though.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fan favourite, great player and wanted to play for us. A BIG BIG mistake.

We'll see, if it takes two years to replace him a la Murray you'll have a point :jester:

Seeing as you have NO idea what is going through Oscar's mind you really can't know if it's a mistake or not yet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We have FIVE proper senior squad midfielders. We play a FIVE man midfield. We need 3-4 in no question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports