Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southwick Tunnel shut any info ?

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Perhaps that's the point: it's newer & thus has more engineering stuff that has to be inspected & maintained. Lighting, ventilation, electronic signage, road surface, fire & safety systems, escape routes from the bunker, structural stuff, hidden illuminati symbolism, cats' eyes and so on.

Plus it's two tunnels, Lewes is only one, and not on a major trunk road.

Two tunnels but never a contraflow. Even the Dartford tunnel can contraflow lol

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
When we declare war it flips upside down to reveal a series of nuclear missiles and a number of Thunderbird style war-machines. The doors are there because of the large number of cogs that need quarterly spraying with WD-40.

SOUTHWICK TUNNEL = CONSULT WITH NUKE

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
can someone explain the 20 or so doors in a .7km tunnel? one reason for this: underground base - err, they do exist in england - it is DECLASSIFIED - there are many.........i find it strange and ignorant how people automatically jump into "aliens hahah your silly" type stance when this tunnel raises some very real OBJECTIVE questions.

i suppose it pushes at the edges of some peoples "9-5/smartphone/mainstream media/ america TV" type life, and is easier shunned.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
can someone explain the 20 or so doors in a .7km tunnel? one reason for this: underground base - err, they do exist in england - it is DECLASSIFIED - there are many.........i find it strange and ignorant how people automatically jump into "aliens hahah your silly" type stance when this tunnel raises some very real OBJECTIVE questions.

i suppose it pushes at the edges of some peoples "9-5/smartphone/mainstream media/ america TV" type life, and is easier shunned.

Drugs are bad kids

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

You silly sausage. Instead of the default position you hold for all things explained and unexplained: conspiracy, aliens, lizards, David Icke forum-type explanations, why not be truly objective about such things?

• Ask yourself why any base - let alone a top secret one - would need 20 doors in a small tunnel?
  • Why not build the base somewhere a little easier to get in and out?
  • If it's a secret, why give just enough clues to pique the interest of conspiracy theorists?
  • Is there any more proof that this is a military base/conduit for aliens other than it looks a bit weird and you're a conspiracy theorist?

Until you can look at a conundrum like the Southwick Tunnel objectively then you will be regarded as a fool. And you are a fool.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Southwick Tunnel
374660_20269f4f.jpg

Teletubbies Land
Teletubby.jpg

Hobbiton

Colina_de_Hobbiton.jpg

Gary Neville's eco house

article-1246130-0805E55D000005DC-131_634x363.jpg

Coincidence? I think not.

When we declare war it flips upside down to reveal a series of nuclear missiles and a number of Thunderbird style war-machines. The doors are there because of the large number of cogs that need quarterly spraying with WD-40.

SOUTHWICK TUNNEL = CONSULT WITH NUKE

:lolol::bowdown:

Genius! ....But I still don't know what a "DUMB" is (Disguised Underground Military Bunker maybe?)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
All the nonsense aside, does anyone have any idea why it's closed two nights every month? The culfail tunnel is way older and manages to stay open all the time, yet this is relatively modern but unable to go a month without a bit of 'maintenance'!
The amount of closures for 'maintenance' are incredible aren't they? Either it is THE worst designed/constructed tunnel in Western Europe requiring constant attention, or there really is a secret base there. The 'secret base' theory is actually more plausible, and they've cleverly leaked enough information so that people sneer at the idea as being ridiculous. Consequently we should be grateful to those such as hybrid_x who are ITK and are prepared to fearlessly broadcast the truth.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Do you think the crash was staged? How did they airlift in two battered up cars without people noticing?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Professional stunt drivers, fake blood. You know, a bit like the Boston Bombing.

And now they're in hospital pretending to be injured, wasting doctors' time?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I used to deliver to the tunnel site when it was being built, and most of the delays were because of the chalk, which resembled toothpaste was so difficult to cut through and shore up. There is no secret base in there. Honest.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I used to deliver to the tunnel site when it was being built, and most of the delays were because of the chalk, which resembled toothpaste was so difficult to cut through and shore up. There is no secret base in there. Honest.
Yeah, nice try Doug, or should I say AGENT Doug? Like tunnels have never been cut through chalk before.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here