Southwick Tunnel is "secret military installation"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
One of my mates was a foreman on the Southwick Tunnel build and he never mentioned any missile bases or shelters in there...and he would have if there was as he is the most indiscreet person I know

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Oh dear!

Having spent 18 months working alongside the very people who might reasonably have installed all this "secret" stuff, I can confirm that actually they didn't! The reason for all the closures really is everything to do with maintenance since the very "unsecret" equipment in there actually does needs very regular maintaining.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is Chalky Hill a bunker ?
I used to walk there quite often with a scotch egg.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
:yawn: believe what the f*** you want.

Obviously another narrow minded person who is unable to grasp the fact other people may have actually done things with their life :tosser:
My point is that you make out on here that you're a f***ing expert in just about single topic. You're now telling me that you're and expert on secret underground nuclear bunkers. Of course you are mate !

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
My point is that you make out on here that you're a f***ing expert in just about single topic.

That's the whole point I DON'T

Read all of my posts and there will be more questions or opinions than things i actually know.

Notice how you never even bothered to ask me HOW i know either. You just prefer to BULLY people first.

When I was part of the regional civil defence team that had been assembled to ensure the survival of the south east in the event of a nuclear attack, I never heard any suggestion that it made sense to locate key personnel inside a structure that was so obviously vulnerable to physical damage as a road tunnel.

Buttinhams

Be seeing you!
Apr 24, 2008
As far as I'm aware no new bunkers have been constructed since the end of the cold war. In fact a large number of bunkers have been and are being decommissioned and demolished.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm really sorry, Easy but I actually read your message as "I used to wank there quite often with a scotch egg". Blame it on a dyslexic moment.

Not at all.
I didn't ALWAYS have a scotch egg up there....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports