Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southwick Tunnel shut any info ?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
All the nonsense aside, does anyone have any idea why it's closed two nights every month? The culfail tunnel is way older and manages to stay open all the time, yet this is relatively modern but unable to go a month without a bit of 'maintenance'!

I was told after they mucked it up the first time building it so narrow (and then having to widen it) the lights they installed are utter shyte and they have to be changed every month, more or less like cheap light bulbs. It's still cheaper than closing it altogether, tearing out the old system and starting again, which would require a partial rebuild.

Also the MOD hide aliens there and stuff.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
In many tunnels built in the last twenty years your radio works in it because they built an aerial through it. Dartford Tunnel is an example. Southwich Tunnel was built later but no such thing. Presumably didn't want anything jamming their underground base.

For what it is worth I have been saying for years that this is the case. I used to live in Mile Oak and strange things happened near that tunnel, strange things.

Well this just gets more sinister. The authorities have released the following propaganda, in attempt to deter speculation and quell a potential uprising.

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/roc/db/988303920.040003.html

Alternatively....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here