Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southwick Tunnel shut any info ?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The problem was compounded by the fact that it's a twisty tunnel (curved and on an incline). Getting the lining done properly was a nightmare.

According to dougdeep, they used fluoride toothpaste to reduce cavities and strengthen the enamel lining.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I used to deliver to the tunnel site when it was being built, and most of the delays were because of the chalk, which resembled toothpaste was so difficult to cut through and shore up. There is no secret base in there. Honest.

Well you would say that wouldn't you.
You disappeared from here for a while didn't you ?

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I note that the Hindhead Tunnel today has a contra flow due to emergency repairs. It seems to be a lack of foresight or will at Southwick!

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Driver reported entering the Southwick Tunnel only to exit one end of The Dartford Tunnel. So something strange happens in there.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Driver reported entering the Southwick Tunnel only to exit one end of The Dartford Tunnel. So something strange happens in there.

Strange indeed.....

Ive noticed when you drive through heading east bound you go from a modern cosmopolitan Brighton into some kinda time warp that is Shoreham and Lancing and you go further back in time the further east you go..... Strange indeed

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Strange indeed.....

Ive noticed when you drive through heading east bound you go from a modern cosmopolitan Brighton into some kinda time warp that is Shoreham and Lancing and you go further back in time the further east you go..... Strange indeed

Err..are you sure about your easts and wests there fella?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I see it closed again this month for two nights......

Why ?

It has to be the most clean and well maintained tunnel in the world....

Unless.....

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I see it closed again this month for two nights......

Why ?

It has to be the most clean and well maintained tunnel in the world....

Unless.....

It happens every month. As I mentioned last month, either it is THE worst designed/constructed tunnel in Western Europe requiring constant attention, or there really is a government installation behind all those doors.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I heard a rumour that they are a pair of "Stargates"

stargate.jpg
stargate.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In many tunnels built in the last twenty years your radio works in it because they built an aerial through it. Dartford Tunnel is an example. Southwich Tunnel was built later but no such thing. Presumably didn't want anything jamming their underground base.

For what it is worth I have been saying for years that this is the case. I used to live in Mile Oak and strange things happened near that tunnel, strange things.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In many tunnels built in the last twenty years your radio works in it because they built an aerial through it. Dartford Tunnel is an example. Southwich Tunnel was built later but no such thing. Presumably didn't want anything jamming their underground base.

For what it is worth I have been saying for years that this is the case. I used to live in Mile Oak and strange things happened near that tunnel, strange things.

Very strange indeed. I mean, my radio works in there, yet you say there's no aerial. How sinister is that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here