Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southwick Tunnel shut any info ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've heard that rumour. Apparently they stage car crashes to close the road when they need to get things in and out.

There does seem to be a disproportionate amount of road closures on that stretch of dual carriageway, definite evidence of a military base.

I agree. I've heard there are WMDs stored there. That's what all the doors are for, so when they need to pop in & pick up a warhead or two, they can run in and out of different doors, Scooby Doo style, in order to try & confuse those who are fortunate and ITK enough to have uncovered the truth.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
i researched this a bit a couple of years ago.

ok, this small tunnel has about 20 doors - count the doors in other tunnels that are longer - you will be lucky to find one.

when this was built it took years and years - with sillly delay reasons like the tunnels where built too small so had to widen them.

this tunnel is closed many times in any 3 month mean.

the nearby gold course that was built (alot of digging) and a nearby airport link to th conspiracy.

for me, it is a text book DUMB, can any dog walkers find any above ground man holes, airholes or barb wire or anything?

Apparently aliens live there. Go check it out.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The shadowy powers are so sensitive about their secret bunker of WMDs (& aliens) being discovered that they've let the Argus photographer, as well as Eddie Mitchell, the Daily Mail's usual local freelancer, pop down to the scene of the "crash" to take photos.

Wait- are they in on it too?

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I agree. I've heard there are WMDs stored there. That's what all the doors are for, so when they need to pop in & pick up a warhead or two, they can run in and out of different doors, Scooby Doo style, in order to try & confuse those who are fortunate and ITK enough to have uncovered the truth.

That's quite strange, I heard it was the new 'zone' on Crystal Maze behind each door is a different challenge

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
One question, why would "they" build a secret bunker under there when there is a perfectly servicable bunker (alright it needs a lick of paint) a couple of miles away ?

John Hurt explained it very well in the documentary that he did with Jodie Foster called Contact.
"First rule in government spending: why build one when you can have two at twice the price"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Looking at google maps it appears to have cleared now.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know for a fact that they still have all the Withdean sporks in there.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
All the nonsense aside, does anyone have any idea why it's closed two nights every month? The culfail tunnel is way older and manages to stay open all the time, yet this is relatively modern but unable to go a month without a bit of 'maintenance'!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
All the nonsense aside, does anyone have any idea why it's closed two nights every month?

werewolves or vampires or at a stretch leprechauns.
not sure which,i am trying to keep an open mind on the subject.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All the nonsense aside, does anyone have any idea why it's closed two nights every month? The culfail tunnel is way older and manages to stay open all the time, yet this is relatively modern but unable to go a month without a bit of 'maintenance'!

Perhaps that's the point: it's newer & thus has more engineering stuff that has to be inspected & maintained. Lighting, ventilation, electronic signage, road surface, fire & safety systems, escape routes from the bunker, structural stuff, hidden illuminati symbolism, cats' eyes and so on.

Plus it's two tunnels, Lewes is only one, and not on a major trunk road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here