So, it's not the benefits immigrants are after then.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Many are sick to death of the 3 party election merry go round. Years and years of the same thing, nothing changes, and not one of the 3 main parties put the people of England first......by the way, that includes all the people of whatever colour that live in England.

Dude. I give you the reasoning of the Central Planners:

"The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to the doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that [the people] can "throw the rascals out" at any election without leading to any profound or extreme shifts in policy."

- Carrol Quigley, Tragedy and Hope

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
What all Romanians? Do you really believe this?

"The crime rate in Romania is low compared to industrialized countries. An analysis was done using INTERPOL data for Romania. For purpose of comparison, data were drawn for the seven offences used to compute the United States FBI's index of crime. Index offences include murder, forcible rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny, and motor vehicle theft.

The combined total of these offences constitutes the Index used for trend calculation purposes. Romania will be compared with Japan (country with a low crime rate) and USA (country with a high crime rate). According to the INTERPOL data, for murder, the rate in 2000 was 7.44 per 100,000 population for Romania, 1.10 for Japan, and 5.51 for USA. For rape, the rate in 2000 was 8.34 for Romania, compared with 1.78 for Japan and 32.05 for USA. For robbery, the rate in 2000 was 30.3 for Romania, 4.08 for Japan, and 144.92 for USA.

For aggravated assault, the rate in 2000 was 5.5 for Romania, 23.78 for Japan, and 323.62 for USA. For burglary, the rate in 2000 was 371.13 for Romania, 233.60 for Japan, and 728.42 for USA. The rate of larceny for 2000 was 595.3 for Romania, 1401.26 for Japan, and 2475.27 for USA. The rate for motor vehicle theft in 2000 was 31.61 for Romania, compared with 44.28 for Japan and 414.17 for USA. The rate for all index offenses combined was 1049.62 for Romania, compared with 1709.88 for Japan and 4123.97 for USA."

http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/faculty/rwinslow/europe/romania.html

Perhaps we should clamp down on the US immigrants. They sound like a right bunch of thieving rapists.

I suppose it depends on where you get your figures from. I am more worried about crime rates in this country, not how they behave in their own country, where maybe the law is tougher as a deterrent.
"Shock figures show that the *Metropolitan Police made 27,725 *arrests over the past five years for offences including rape and *murder. This is despite just 68,000 *Romanians living here at present – a figure set to soar when Britain has to open its borders next January under an EU directive.
The crime statistics undermine reassurances from Romanian officials that the UK has nothing to fear from the lowering of border controls."
How Romanian criminals terrorise our streets | UK | News | Daily Express

D

Deleted member 22389

I suppose it depends on where you get your figures from. I am more worried about crime rates in this country, not how they behave in their own country, where maybe the law is tougher as a deterrent.
"Shock figures show that the *Metropolitan Police made 27,725 *arrests over the past five years for offences including rape and *murder. This is despite just 68,000 *Romanians living here at present – a figure set to soar when Britain has to open its borders next January under an EU directive.
The crime statistics undermine reassurances from Romanian officials that the UK has nothing to fear from the lowering of border controls."

If those statistics are true, then honestly that is shocking. Sorry we don't need more foreign criminals in this country. These type of people should be slung out of this country, and we should make sure they never return. How hard is it?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Many are sick to death of the 3 party election merry go round.

Its not tho, is it? Its a 2 party election merry go round. The Lib Dems are back where they belong, well-meaning also-rans. The supporters that is. The party itself sold them royally down the river the moment they got a whiff of power. They may as well disband.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Dude. I give you the reasoning of the Central Planners:

"The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to the doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that [the people] can "throw the rascals out" at any election without leading to any profound or extreme shifts in policy."

- Carrol Quigley, Tragedy and Hope

Yep, sums it up nicely....and the sheeple keep falling for it.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Yep, sums it up nicely....and the sheeple keep falling for it.

"...they would be able to control both political parties equally. Indeed, some of them intended to contribute to both and to allow an alternation of the two parties in public office in order to conceal their own influence, inhibit any exhibition of independence of politicians, and to allow the electorate to believe that they were exercising their own free choice."

The guy who wrote these things was Bill Clinton's Professor at Georgetown University.

Interestingly, he also said:

"I learned the Round Table Group was very influential...I knew they were the real founders of the Royal Institute of International Affairs [aka Chatham House], and I knew they were the founders of the Institute of Pacific Relations. I knew that they were the godfathers of the Council on Foreign Relations. So I began to put this thing together and I found that this group was working for a number of things.

"It was a secret group. Its members were working to federate the English-speaking world. They were closely linked to international bankers. They were working to establish what I call a three-power world: England and the U.S., Hitler's Germany and Soviet Russia."

Chatham House - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Council on Foreign Relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:mad:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Is it the same people who complain about Guardian articles that are smattering this thread with Daily Express sensational fear mongering?

A distinct lack of balance I fear.

enjoy your fear and hatred gentlemen.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Is it the same people who complain about Guardian articles that are smattering this thread with Daily Express sensational fear mongering?

A distinct lack of balance I fear.

enjoy your fear and hatred gentlemen.

With respect, it could/is affecting us, we live here BF.......the fear, not hatred (hatred being the easy cop out, when people are genuinely worried) concerns us.
Obviously you left the UK possibly to have a better future for your family......good on you, but those that choose to remain would like to see the country that we live in be safe and healthy.
Some are concerned, some are not...those opinions are for the people that still reside here....opinions differ.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
What was that somebody said about hatred and bile?

I am an intelligent, thoughtful and compassionate person. I have examined UKIP thoroughly, and I find your post to be very ignorant and very prejudiced.

Go look at some of the UKIP forums, you'll see what I mean. Some of their supporter base is a little troubling. I have also encountered two of their parliamentary candidates.

My post contains no hatred, just concern. As regards bile, that is subjective, so I respect your opinion.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
With respect, it could/is affecting us, we live here BF.......the fear, not hatred (hatred being the easy cop out, when people are genuinely worried) concerns us.
Obviously you left the UK possibly to have a better future for your family......good on you, but those that choose to remain would like to see the country that we live in be safe and healthy.
Some are concerned, some are not...those opinions are for the people that still reside here....opinions differ.

You keep saying this but I am not sure what you are suggesting. Am I not allowed to be involved in the discussion? Are my opinions irrelevant because I am not there (even thought they are shared by many that are there)?

Even from Australia I can see that any debate on immigration is muddied by the scare stories and hyperbole attached to some of the articles on this thread. Couple this with the generalisations being bandied about about Romanians and what you end up with is the spread of hatred being used to achieve a political end. And as you so right said earlier the sheeple fall for it over and over.

I accept that their may be some issues with immigration in the UK and possibly it should be looked at and dealt with but the widespread vilification of Romanians, Asylum Seekers and other groups of people doesn't help the discussion and in my opinion (if I am allowed to have one of course) is ignorant and makes me sad for the nation and city nation I still feel apart of.

This is not a thread discussion about immigration it is a character assassination of Romanians.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
"...they would be able to control both political parties equally. Indeed, some of them intended to contribute to both and to allow an alternation of the two parties in public office in order to conceal their own influence, inhibit any exhibition of independence of politicians, and to allow the electorate to believe that they were exercising their own free choice."

The guy who wrote these things was Bill Clinton's Professor at Georgetown University.

Interestingly, he also said:

"I learned the Round Table Group was very influential...I knew they were the real founders of the Royal Institute of International Affairs [aka Chatham House], and I knew they were the founders of the Institute of Pacific Relations. I knew that they were the godfathers of the Council on Foreign Relations. So I began to put this thing together and I found that this group was working for a number of things.

"It was a secret group. Its members were working to federate the English-speaking world. They were closely linked to international bankers. They were working to establish what I call a three-power world: England and the U.S., Hitler's Germany and Soviet Russia."

Chatham House - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Council on Foreign Relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:mad:

that's four.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is not a thread discussion about immigration it is a character assassination of Romanians.

There has been mass immigration since 2004 , most British people accept the Poles , Latvians , Lithuanians , Estonians , Czechs , Slovaks etc are over here to earn a living and do the menial jobs that the work-shy benefit scroungers won't get out of bed for. The Romanians who live here however are a different kettle of fish altogether.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If you knew anyone who was from Romania then you would know they are people like you and also what proud, how hard working people who are pleased to see the back of communism they on the whole are. Just have a think, England always has been an immigrant country, from the Romans, to the Saxons, to the Vikings, to the Normans to 1 in 4 sailors at Trafalgar being black, to the immigration after the end of Empire, and that is for me just fantastic. I love London because it is international, and it is London that pays for the rest of the country, (hat Im afraid is a simple economic fact). It is therefore the international community that helps pay for the rest of England. Its a change of mindset but an international outlook is something that is changing England for the better,in my view in any event.

Hmm. Of the 18,000 sailors in the British navy at trafalgar 361 were freemen from the west indies..the one in four being black statement is just not true. The second largest contingent, after English, Scottish and Welsh,Were Irish, then American, Portuguese, swedes...even some French, Germans and Austrians.

Immigration is a welcome addition to the cultural mix of the United Kingdom but don't make shit up just to be right on.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Some definately are. you can tell which ones, they have hooks instead of hands and are made of dynamite and swear words.

:lolol:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
With respect, it could/is affecting us, we live here BF......

doesn't matter where you are, the whole immigration debate is exactly the same, wherever you live, whatever language you speak.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
doesn't matter where you are, the whole immigration debate is exactly the same, wherever you live, whatever language you speak.

Strange because i thought this thread was about the expected mass immigration coming to Europe, and that includes the UK. Opinions are fair enough, but if you live outside the area which could be affected, then it is easy to decide for others.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Okay. That's the arrest rate, but the stat of value is the conviction rate; arrest rate is pretty meaningless in this context. In fact the first thing that jumps out to me from these figures is that the police might be unfairly targeting a new racial group which we know they do with other racial groups.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports