Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simeon Jackson

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Good, Barker might not be as good as Jackson but he'll care a WHOLE lot more and actually, I will take passion and desire over Billy Paynter type loanee anyday of the week.

Barker as back up to Ulloa will be fine. If Ulloa gets injured, we do what we can.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wait and see if there is any news on a last minute deal. If not, he is fair game for a real slagging.

Yeah because Poyet really doesn't want another striker, he wants to make it as hard as possible to get promoted. Slag away...and I know you will

We are three years into a five year plan, promotion would be a bonus it's not essential imo

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
At leasgt it now gives the DS strikers a chance to sign as knowing our luck Ulloa will get injured on Saturday and be out for the rest of the season

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Good, Barker might not be as good as Jackson but he'll care a WHOLE lot more and actually, I will take passion and desire over Billy Paynter type loanee anyday of the week.

Barker as back up to Ulloa will be fine. If Ulloa gets injured, we do what we can.

So you don't expect us to feature in the playoffs then? I just hope Ulloa has a bad a good break and can play every minute of every game to the end of the season - including the playoffs.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Yeah because Poyet really doesn't want another striker, he wants to make it as hard as possible to get promoted. Slag away...and I know you will

He promised to get the best striker available in by today - he has failed, and we can kiss goodbye to the Premiership for another season. Still, I have waited 30 years, what is another one?

I just wish he had gone to Reading, as the only reason I wanted him to stay was to avoid the impact on our promotion push. Now we have no chance anyway.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I just wish he had gone to Reading, as the only reason I wanted him to stay was to avoid the impact on our promotion push. Now we have no chance anyway.

Im bumping this if we do actually get promoted. And he hasnt COMPLETELY failed, only partially. Norwich are half to blame for pulling out of the deal so late. Though questions must be asked why back-up targets werent signed - unless there was problems with that - Gus needs to answer to that.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is our new striker. Joining us on loan until the end of the season. Great signing in my opinion.

So why did you state this as a fact?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)

We are three years into a five year plan, promotion would be a bonus it's not essential imo

I have that ball bag on ignore and the world is an undeniably brighter place.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'm not worried about our prospects for the rest of the season in the slightest. Just thought I'd say that now :thumbsup:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
He promised to get the best striker available in by today - he has failed, and we can kiss goodbye to the Premiership for another season. Still, I have waited 30 years, what is another one?

Jesus H:shootself:

I've always read posts and if I haven't agreed then not bothered to reply and don't reply to fishing posts in the hope they fall off the first page of the big board.

This is the first person to go on my ignore list. As Ive never agreed with an ignore list I'm surprised at my actions.

Bye bye:wave::wave:

Shame I won't see a reply, if any comes my way.

Negative idiot.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK

This might be the most stupid post I've ever read.

Just because Gus didn't get a second choice striker in Brighton have no chance of promotion.

Does it matter who? Chris Holdroyd? Leon Knight perhaps?

What is the point of getting someone in who wasn't able to contribute?

Gus obviously decided no one was worth the money they were asking.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Yup, that's where we're at so might as well just get on with it.

Plus if we ever get a 2 goal lead we yank Ulloa off immediately.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Im bumping this if we do actually get promoted. And he hasnt COMPLETELY failed, only partially. Norwich are half to blame for pulling out of the deal so late. Though questions must be asked why back-up targets werent signed - unless there was problems with that - Gus needs to answer to that.

Please feel free to. I was man enough to stand up when we thrashed the Scum, I will be delighted if I am wrong about promotion. Please don't waste my time if we only get to the playoffs and fail though will you.

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
From the same person, I am hearing that this is done. Also told we are trying to get a young attacking player from Spurs for the remainder of the season including play-offs, one of two names - I've heard of one but not the other.

Now going to work until 9pm this evening, hopefully with two players (Jackson and one other) announced when I get home.

full of shit.You know sweet fa

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
This might be the most stupid post I've ever read.

Just because Gus didn't get a second choice striker in Brighton have no chance of promotion.

Does it matter who? Chris Holdroyd? Leon Knight perhaps?

What is the point of getting someone in who wasn't able to contribute?

Gus obviously decided no one was worth the money they were asking.

Spot on. I often wonder whether the likes of Pork Pie and Withdean Wanderer are just trolls trying to be funny (in which case they're not) or actually believe the rubbish they spout (in which case they have major issues). No problem being a little miffed we haven't managed to bring in a striker but this relentless nonsense everytime we have a little setback is ridiculous.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013

Will his careing be as good as CMS running around in circles

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wait and see if there is any news on a last minute deal. If not, he is fair game for a real slagging.

And when he does well, GP should be praised. Funnily enough I don't remember Porky Pig ever doing that.

You must have had a mega erection, when the loan signings fell through today.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Ok, look at Upson and player coming out of contract at Stoke and they wanted to put him in the shop window so loaned him out, good business by a Premier club and by the Albion. There must be players in similar situations. There you are I thought that through and come up with a reasonable reply, nothing stupid. Just because some views are different to yours it doesn't mean that they are wrong. With a few minutes to go we have f*cked up, simple.

Upson was clearly going to get games! You can't play with one centre back! It's a totally different situation, why can't you see that? "Come and be first choice centre back for the rest of the season" and "We'll take a player who you aren't using off the wage bill" is a slightly easier sell than "Come and sit on our bench in the Championship and we'll give you 15 minutes when our main striker gets tired" and "Lend us a good enough striker to score goals at the top of the Championship but we're not actually going to play him very much so he may as well be on your bench in case you need him".

How on earth can you not understand that those two situations are totally different?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here