Simeon Jackson

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Upson was clearly going to get games! You can't play with one centre back! It's a totally different situation, why can't you see that? "Come and be first choice centre back for the rest of the season" and "We'll take a player who you aren't using off the wage bill" is a slightly easier sell than "Come and sit on our bench in the Championship and we'll give you 15 minutes when our main striker gets tired" and "Lend us a good enough striker to score goals at the top of the Championship but we're not actually going to play him very much so he may as well be on your bench in case you need him".

How on earth can you not understand that those two situations are totally different?

i dont think you are making it clear enough lol

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
He promised to get the best striker available in by today - he has failed, and we can kiss goodbye to the Premiership for another season. Still, I have waited 30 years, what is another one?

I just wish he had gone to Reading, as the only reason I wanted him to stay was to avoid the impact on our promotion push. Now we have no chance anyway.

I'll bite.

Do shut the GOOGLE up!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He promised to get the best striker available in by today - he has failed, and we can kiss goodbye to the Premiership for another season. Still, I have waited 30 years, what is another one?

I just wish he had gone to Reading, as the only reason I wanted him to stay was to avoid the impact on our promotion push. Now we have no chance anyway.

Porkie...you are above this post ..I know you dont like him..heavens youve made it abundantly clear..he's the wrong nationality blah blah blah...but enough ..pull yourself together man

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If stupid people were debarred from posting (and I'm not sure how you'd set the qualifying criteria), NSC would arguably be a much duller site. A little more tolerance from some contributors might be helpful. Not everyone has the intellectual capacity of an archbishop. :smile:

I'd decide. You can stay, because even though you are generally one of the negative ones on here, you clearly aren't stupid, and you usually back up any points you make with a considered argument.

I have absolutely no issues with anyone who has a different opinion to me, but the same old divs trotting old the same old shit who have absolutely no idea about how things actually work in the real world winds me up. All they ever say is "Why haven't we signed a striker?" (perhaps nobody good enough was available?) and "Our season is over" when we lose two games. And then they disappear when we start winning again. It's odd, it really is. I'd love to know if these people are so negative in real life, because it must be absolutely horrible to go through life like that.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It's very clear the type of people on here. Some are very negative and blame the club/Gus for failing to land a striker, where as the majority are fully aware that is not how football works!

I'm not going to repeat what others have said as I'm sure targets were identified and contact was made. However what has fallen on deaf ears for those negative posters is that yes we are an attractive proposition but at this stage, the loan player would not be playing 90min every game. Maybe 20 min at best per game. Not many if any Premier strikers will want that nor the Managers.

We'll just have to see how our back up strikers get on.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Spot on. I often wonder whether the likes of Pork Pie and Withdean Wanderer are just trolls trying to be funny

WW is, Pork Pie isn't, he's just a knob. And he's not very bright.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
if you watch spain they dont play with a forward

yes but we are not Spain

Road%2BSign%2BLost.jpg

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Upson was clearly going to get games! You can't play with one centre back! It's a totally different situation, why can't you see that? "Come and be first choice centre back for the rest of the season" and "We'll take a player who you aren't using off the wage bill" is a slightly easier sell than "Come and sit on our bench in the Championship and we'll give you 15 minutes when our main striker gets tired" and "Lend us a good enough striker to score goals at the top of the Championship but we're not actually going to play him very much so he may as well be on your bench in case you need him".

How on earth can you not understand that those two situations are totally different?
Sorry for the delay in replying been busy. Still not totally sold your your ideas. Don't we rotate the strikers, after Ulloa's hat-trick he was rested to the bench at Bristol and replaced by CMS. How can you have a rotation with one striker. Therefore the loan would not have just been a bench warmer, if the club were selling themselves as the occassional 10 / 15 minutes it's no suprise we didn't get anyone, upsell yourselves.

We are not going to agree in this one how ever you put it, the club have screwed up and how ever the club paint it they have still screwed up, so close to something special and yet now one tackle can **** it all up.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Sorry for the delay in replying been busy. Still not totally sold your your ideas. Don't we rotate the strikers, after Ulloa's hat-trick he was rested to the bench at Bristol and replaced by CMS. How can you have a rotation with one striker. Therefore the loan would not have just been a bench warmer, if the club were selling themselves as the occassional 10 / 15 minutes it's no suprise we didn't get anyone, upsell yourselves.

We are not going to agree in this one how ever you put it, the club have screwed up and how ever the club paint it they have still screwed up, so close to something special and yet now one tackle can **** it all up.

Clearly we need another striker! CMS got injured when Ulloa was being rested because he was feeling the strain. This smart arsed c unt thinks he knows everything and cannot even see that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports