Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simeon Jackson

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Maybe if people didn't hang on to his every single word they wouldn't get annoyed?

I'm not annoyed, just disappointed, rather like when my granny promised to bring me some sweets but then didn't do so.:smile:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
More before Gus went away on holiday and Jackson went off on international duty - but carry on.....

At least if we had wrapped it up earlier Norwich wouldnt have screwed us over, but then hindsight.......

And if, after we had wrapped it up, Norwich lost a couple of strikers in training? What then?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I told a Norwich supporting mate about this rumour at the beginning of the week and he was shocked as he didn't reckon they had anywhere near enough half decent experienced forwards to be letting one go. Maybe he had a word with the manager :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So much for the theory of quite a few posters that Gus' alleged interest in Reading was only to force TB's hand to release loads of dosh for a new Premier League quality striker. :lolol:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
In our current plight, I would give serious consideration to all of the following. All now at Championship clubs:

Aruna Dindane
Jermaine Easter
Marko Futacs
Sammy Ameobi
Jonathan Obika
Theo Robinson
George Boyd (playing behind Ulloa)
Harry Kane
David Bentley (winger with goals)
Benik Afobe
DJ Campbell

Wake up!

2 of those are midfielders. Of the rest, every single one apart from Dindane (who is unfit) was already snapped up before our sudden need for a striker.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
So much for the theory of quite a few posters that Gus' alleged interest in Reading was only to force TB's hand to release loads of dosh for a new Premier League quality striker. :lolol:

I thought that too. And, of course, being Reading's manager at the time they were relegated wouldn't have looked very good on his CV.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I told a Norwich supporting mate about this rumour at the beginning of the week and he was shocked as he didn't reckon they had anywhere near enough half decent experienced forwards to be letting one go. Maybe he had a word with the manager :wink:

They've just signed someone for £8.5M joining in July. They've got nothing to play for if they win one more game too....

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
More before Gus went away on holiday and Jackson went off on international duty - but carry on.....

At least if we had wrapped it up earlier Norwich wouldnt have screwed us over, but then hindsight.......

Right, so you honestly, seriously believe that a) the club weren't trying to sort it out before both parties went on holiday and b) the clubs / agents / Gus / Jackson weren't talking whilst they were on holiday?

It's absolutely nothing to do with hindsight whatsoever.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Have we swooped yet? Or was it all a red herring?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
As with the above. Please post the players who have moved on loan that YOU feel we should have signed.

It's hardly like we missed out on any GEMS is it. The fact we were even linked with a move for a player as good as Jackson on loan suprised me.
I don't know the answer to that but I sure that Gus dosen't know the price of milk or bread. Had anyone really heard of half the players that Gus has signed before they came to the club.It's the managements job to have a team in place to find players and bring them in and in this case they have clearly failed.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hilarious stuff as usual from the people who claim to have 'sources'.

Some people genuinely do. But those people don't usually choose to post the information on here. Or not to the masses, anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here