Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket renewal 24/25

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Anyone know why we also subsidise 3,000 away fans rail travel?

Do we have to for a period of time linked to the PP, or are we being nice?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If club, as many on here are utterly convinced they are, are considering reducing scope of travel zone, introducing charges or removing it entirely (in fact Barber has said the travel zone is remaining ) - to presumably make more ££ - then surely it’s far simpler to just put up prices. Instead prices have , in real terms, in the last 4 years, have been reduced substantially.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Anyone know why we also subsidise 3,000 away fans rail travel?

Do we have to for a period of time linked to the PP, or are we being nice?
Guessing the travel sustainability requirements in the planning agreement doesn't differentiate between home or away fans. Bear in mind all clubs subsidise away fans as tickets are restricted to £30 maximum price and I doubt any club charge their standard fans that for a seat!!

Personally don't see a problem with that.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
How does paying for park and ride mean you can stay later at the game ?
…….
It would reduce the number of people using the park and ride buses who weren’t actually using the parking. Plus the extra revenue would pay for better facilities. If locals wanted to pay their fiver too, then fair enough, at least they’d be contributing to the cost of the service in a more transparent way.

Willie

Sep 3, 2023
I'd simply be happy for a cover over the bus queue at the Amex so I don't get drenched. Admittedly can wait in the stadium for a bit but then you're resigning yourself to the back of the line

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It would reduce the number of people using the park and ride buses who weren’t actually using the parking. Plus the extra revenue would pay for better facilities. If locals wanted to pay their fiver too, then fair enough, at least they’d be contributing to the cost of the service in a more transparent way.

The club will always try to be efficient with their use of buses. They, I guess, will always aim to get 2 trips back to the P&R with each bus.
If fewer people were using the service then they wouldn't put on as many buses.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
If club, as many on here are utterly convinced they are, are considering reducing scope of travel zone, introducing charges or removing it entirely (in fact Barber has said the travel zone is remaining ) - to presumably make more ££ - then surely it’s far simpler to just put up prices. Instead prices have , in real terms, in the last 4 years, have been reduced substantially.
Can you expand on how prices have been substantially reduced. I may have missed this but I cant recall that being the case. Thanks.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Can you expand on how prices have been substantially reduced. I may have missed this but I cant recall that being the case. Thanks.
In real terms. The prices were effectively frozen for three years and then were raised last season well below inflation.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
In real terms. The prices have we’re effectively frozen for three years and then were raised last season well below inflation.
Ok I can see that though personally I wouldnt call it "substantial" we'll have to agree to differ there. Thanks.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Instead prices have , in real terms, in the last 4 years, have been reduced substantially.
I wouldn't make too big a deal of this given many people's wages will have reduced in real terms over the same period.
Nice they've not gone up - yes
Actually feeling cheaper for a lot of people - probably not.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I wouldn't make too big a deal of this given many people's wages will have reduced in real terms over the same period.
Nice they've not gone up - yes
Actually feeling cheaper for a lot of people - probably not.
Agreed and agreed it’s still hundreds of pounds a year but plenty on this thread are persistently saying club are looking for ways to put up prices (eg travelzone speculation) , and “can do what they want”. Fact is , unlike other PL clubs , little evidence to suggest they are. Quite the reverse.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
There were a couple of well publicised opportunities since. About 9 months into CH’s reign there was no waiting list and they were offering half-season ST’s, my son took one. Then I thought the waiting list disappeared entirely during Covid?
I was offered one around Covid time as we were at the top of the waiting list then, but I didn't get it and didn't go to any matches for two years after that (March 2022 we came back). Since then we've been loads, so I hope I might get offered a ST again (I've never had one).

We'll see if there is a chance in March I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here