Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket renewal 24/25

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
The people liking the idea of bookable/chargeable P&Rs or those that think fans who live outside the Brighton - Falmer - Lewes trainlines will just have to get on with it. Will be the same people moaning about the empty seats and fans leaving early.
I would welcome the chance to prebook and pay a reasonable sum for P and R (£5?), mainly because it would mean I wouldn’t have to leave early. This has been discussed many times before and we won’t agree, but essentially I would like the park and ride buses to be used by people using the park and ride facilities. Perhaps the club can provide buses for non-P and R users and send them to a more useful place like Lewes station or somewhere allowing a quick turnaround in Brighton, close to other transport links. But please, just leave the P and R buses to those using the P and R parking facilities. If that means a charge so be it. I’ve had to resort to Seagull Travel for this season but would happily return to P and R if I could rely on it.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I'm pretty sure during the first couple seasons at the AMEX you had to show your season ticket to get on the P&R at the Race Course...... or maybe I'm imagining that ???

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
How does paying for park and ride mean you can stay later at the game ?

I can’t imagine there are more than a dozen people who visit their family in Falmer village via the AMEX stadium stop, and then walk back there to get the slow bus back, or park their car at Withdean or Racecourse to do the trip to visit a friend at Falmer Uni site.

Anyone in their right minds would visit Falmer or university mate on a non match day/time and simply drive to friend house at Falmer.

seagurl

Mar 21, 2012
I would welcome the chance to prebook and pay a reasonable sum for P and R (£5?), mainly because it would mean I wouldn’t have to leave early. This has been discussed many times before and we won’t agree, but essentially I would like the park and ride buses to be used by people using the park and ride facilities. Perhaps the club can provide buses for non-P and R users and send them to a more useful place like Lewes station or somewhere allowing a quick turnaround in Brighton, close to other transport links. But please, just leave the P and R buses to those using the P and R parking facilities. If that means a charge so be it. I’ve had to resort to Seagull Travel for this season but would happily return to P and R if I could rely on it.
WE then would have to leave early. We live 10 mins away from park and ride at Mill Rd and walk up there to get bus. I know I can get to Falmer on other buses or by train. But getting home would be a nightmare. Im sure the queue for trains would double at the very least. The amount of people travelling by train couldn't be managed by a ticket system on match days
Would bus drivers check your bus pass or ticket after match? You would need more stewards for this I imagine.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
In fairness, walk ups are not preventing you from getting the P&R service. You can still park your car and you can still get the bus. It's just impacting on the turnaround times. I understand it can be frustrating to wait. However, with an out of town stadium and 31,000 fans needing to get to and from the ground in a short timeframe (more so at night games) you have to be realistic. Moreover, if your willing to pay extra to not wait as long, then it seems like you have solved your own problem by using Seagulls Travel.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Clearly there are known unknowns with this season renewal concerning whether it includes travel or not.

I would hope the club confirm this at the point of renewal

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I think if I understand this thread correctly, if you live a short walk away from the P&R, it's OK to use the service but only if you drive your car round the corner to use the service.

It's simple really. The Amex is one of the worst grounds to get out of in the country. The trip home won't be magically made quicker by stopping a few people who live round the corner getting the park and ride.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think if I understand this thread correctly, if you live a short walk away from the P&R, it's OK to use the service but only if you drive your car round the corner to use the service.

It's simple really. The Amex is one of the worst grounds to get out of in the country. The trip home won't be magically made quicker by stopping a few people who live round the corner getting the park and ride.
…and those not using their cars are paying the same for it so should be just as entitled to use it

Wouldn’t say the Amex is the worst though - not materially quicker or slower than the majority of other PL grounds.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
…and those not using their cars are paying the same for it so should be just as entitled to use it

Wouldn’t say the Amex is the worst though - not materially quicker or slower than the majority of other PL grounds.

All grounds have their moments -Villa this season was a nightmare and is just as bad as the Amex for post match trains - but there are few grounds worse to get by car and the train roulette has made every other mode of transport worse. A home game for me is a 300 mile round trip. The last 2 miles is always the worst.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All grounds have their moments -Villa this season was a nightmare and is just as bad as the Amex for post match trains - but there are few grounds worse to get by car and the train roulette has made every other mode of transport worse. A home game for me is a 300 mile round trip. The last 2 miles is always the worst.
That’s the secret- walk the last 2 miles. I do the same at more or less every home and away game. Back in the car within about 30 mins and on the road (y)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That’s the secret- walk the last 2 miles. I do the same at more or less every home and away game. Back in the car within about 30 mins and on the road (y)
Or cycle the last 3!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You're not imagining it.

P&R tickets came in a booklet costing something like £40 for the season.

Not sure why this changed.

Didn’t the club later increase ticket prices across the board for everyone, specifically to help finance travel for the fanbase as a whole?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Didn’t the club later increase ticket prices across the board for everyone, specifically to help finance travel for the fanbase as a whole?
Not sure whether price went up that much but it became all inclusive whether you wanted it or not.

And those that think the season ticket price will reduce if the travel option goes are away with the fairies.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
That’s the secret- walk the last 2 miles. I do the same at more or less every home and away game. Back in the car within about 30 mins and on the road
There are a few nice walks to the Amex. Hollingbury golf course, the Woodingdean footpath and one day I will walk from the Juggs Arms in Kingston, however, I've yet to find a spot which is not in the exclusion zone around a half hour walk. Around ASDA is the nearest free spot I've clocked without doing the just park route.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There are a few nice walks to the Amex. Hollingbury golf course, the Woodingdean footpath and one day I will walk from the Juggs Arms in Kingston, however, I've yet to find a spot which is not in the exclusion zone around a half hour walk. Around ASDA is the nearest free spot I've clocked without doing the just park route.
Bexhill Road. Ditchling Beacon is nice if you’ve got an hour (and possibly a torch much of the season 🤣). N

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure whether price went up that much but it became all inclusive whether you wanted it or not.

And those that think the season ticket price will reduce if the travel option goes are away with the fairies.

At that time I think they also removed subsidies to the private business Seagulls Travel.

Agreed. The club’s travel subsidy within ticket income doesn’t cover the true cost of running match day travel any way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here