Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket renewal 24/25

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I was offered one around Covid time as we were at the top of the waiting list then, but I didn't get it and didn't go to any matches for two years after that (March 2022 we came back). Since then we've been loads, so I hope I might get offered a ST again (I've never had one).

We'll see if there is a chance in March I guess.

Season ticket for first 3 seasons at Amex but gave it up due to the arrival of kids
Rejoined the waiting list was told it was expected to roll c,2,000 places per season. This would have taken us 3-4 seasons to get back in but we had a call during the covid period which brought this forward a couple of years

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It’s not a per person deal. No-one counts people on and off the trains so it will be a fixed payment by the club regardless of the uptake. Away fan numbers don’t matter.
Agree it would be a blanket policy for games on pricing but this would include away.

I think it was confirmed by FAB / PB that it works out at roughly £50 per home season ticket holder per season

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Agree it would be a blanket policy for games on pricing but this would include away.

I think it was confirmed by FAB / PB that it works out at roughly £50 per home season ticket holder per season
Presumably that would be per person rather than STH. Travel cost is included in every ticket price which means those that do not use public transport subsidise those that do. For example we bought Seagulls Travel tickets for Marseille and I don’t think we had a subsidy. I think of it as a redistribution rather than a subsidy for this reason.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Presumably that would be per person rather than STH. Travel cost is included in every ticket price which means those that do not use public transport subsidise those that do. For example we bought Seagulls Travel tickets for Marseille and I don’t think we had a subsidy. I think of it as a redistribution rather than a subsidy for this reason.
Point taken, I suspect a license to supply rail travel up to x number of fans per game per season was agreed for the contract

The per cost can they be calculated / cut however they like based on other data
Ie divide by turnstile
Divide by pre attendance
Home season ticket holders
And so on

I’m guessing the reason it can’t be redistributed to seagulls travel (official club partner non the less) is simplely
Accountancy / admin hassle

As a side note just pulling up to Amex now on ST, easiest journey to date for me

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Point taken, I suspect a license to supply rail travel up to x number of fans per game per season was agreed for the contract

The per cost can they be calculated / cut however they like based on other data
Ie divide by turnstile
Divide by pre attendance
Home season ticket holders
And so on

I’m guessing the reason it can’t be redistributed to seagulls travel (official club partner non the less) is simplely
Accountancy / admin hassle

As a side note just pulling up to Amex now on ST, easiest journey to date for me
Enjoy ! I am very envious. After Marseille I had a long look back at the Amex as I didn’t know if or when I would be back. I will be supporting from my sofa tonight.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
PB's programme notes today:

“Travel to and from matches will continue to be significantly subsidised by the club for all fans although, as we have pointed out many times, we have little or no control over how trains, buses or the highways around the stadium operate or function.​
“We appreciate that, for many, the cost-of-living crisis is having a significant impact, so your investment in supporting us is very much appreciated.​
“As such, we will continue to do our best to keep ticket prices as reasonable as possible although, like all businesses and households, the club’s own costs have risen considerably in the past 18 months or so and this is impacting us too.”​
Barber also highlighted the unity at the Seagulls, writing: "Football clubs function at their best with a clear vision, well-defined values and a true sense of togetherness from top to bottom, across all areas, and from pitch to stands.​
"We have that at Brighton, and everyone is playing their part to maintain it."​

mile oak

May 21, 2023
PB's programme notes today:

“Travel to and from matches will continue to be significantly subsidised by the club for all fans although, as we have pointed out many times, we have little or no control over how trains, buses or the highways around the stadium operate or function.​
“We appreciate that, for many, the cost-of-living crisis is having a significant impact, so your investment in supporting us is very much appreciated.​
“As such, we will continue to do our best to keep ticket prices as reasonable as possible although, like all businesses and households, the club’s own costs have risen considerably in the past 18 months or so and this is impacting us too.”​
Barber also highlighted the unity at the Seagulls, writing: "Football clubs function at their best with a clear vision, well-defined values and a true sense of togetherness from top to bottom, across all areas, and from pitch to stands.​
"We have that at Brighton, and everyone is playing their part to maintain it."​
Thanks rarely get a programme so appreciate this.

el punal

Doubt they'll withdraw it completely, else SASTA would simply close Falmer station on matchdays. The Albion are IMHO paying SASTA to keep it open. Tho can easily see the travel zone being reset as Brighton-Falmer-Lewes only, with everybody else just having to suck it up
Which, if it happens, is the most likely scenario. My train fare from Southampton to Brighton is exactly the same as it is to Worthing. Maybe that also applies to those coming from London with a ticket to Haywards Heath. Would the club save money by not paying Southern/Govia or whoever for this privilege of free travel apart from the Brighton - Falmer - Lewes stretch?

el punal

I'm pretty sure during the first couple seasons at the AMEX you had to show your season ticket to get on the P&R at the Race Course...... or maybe I'm imagining that ???
I can’t say that never happened. But in the olden days of using Mill Road and Mithras House I was never asked to show my ticket. For the EDF site in Portland Road you have to show the stewards your booking details for your car, but no inspection when boarding the P&R bus.

For those wanting to free load travel on a P&R bus (i.e. non-football fans) what’s the point? The bloody thing‘s not going to stop until it gets to the Amex.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I can’t say that never happened. But in the olden days of using Mill Road and Mithras House I was never asked to show my ticket. For the EDF site in Portland Road you have to show the stewards your booking details for your car, but no inspection when boarding the P&R bus.

For those wanting to free load travel on a P&R bus (i.e. non-football fans) what’s the point? The bloody thing‘s not going to stop until it gets to the Amex.

As @Creaky quoted me later, we had paper booklets you used have to show to driver, though I think people just pilled on from memory.

Though as you say, it would be pretty pointless any none football going fans getting on as it its chaos and the bus is not stopping until you get the AMEX.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Anyone know when the renewal window will be? Had an email saying Jan then nowt else?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here