Ross McCormack

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
1. I didn't say that. 2. Hasn't Forlan just signed for another club and Suarez is a Liverpool's number 1 striker. 3. We have 6 strikers. 4. No we are not.

I'm just saying that knowing the manager and getting along with him, does not mean it's a done deal....oh and by the way, yes you are. The only way you could fund the signing of someone like McCormack is to sell. If he ends up at Palace (which I seriously doubt he will) it shows a real lack of ambition on the players part.

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011
Oh well it's a done deal then.....On that basis we can expect Forlan and Suarez to sign for us any time soon......You got your striker, Aaron Wilbraham....Your skint hasn't anyone told you?

We are?! Holy shit. Best cut off the bill to St John's Ambulance.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
I'm just saying that knowing the manager and getting along with him, does not mean it's a done deal....oh and by the way, yes you are. The only way you could fund the signing of someone like McCormack is to sell. If he ends up at Palace (which I seriously doubt he will) it shows a real lack of ambition on the players part.

Yea fair enough. Most clubs sell players. Newcastle will sell one of their top players this summer and they came in the top 6 of the prem. We have sold Scannell, Clyne is going (tribunal) and we are due £1.5million+ when Moses moves (which he will do). So thats about £3.5million in players sales etc. Why would it show lack of ambition? Warnock doesn't want him at Leeds.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oh well it's a done deal then.....On that basis we can expect Forlan and Suarez to sign for us any time soon......You got your striker, Aaron Wilbraham....Your skint hasn't anyone told you?

But they won't be after Winifred leaves to join the Russian Royals or Stains.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yea fair enough. Most clubs sell players. Newcastle will sell one of their top players this summer and they came in the top 6 of the prem. We have sold Scannell, Clyne is going (tribunal) and we are due £1.5million+ when Moses moves (which he will do). So thats about £3.5million in players sales etc. Why would it show lack of ambition? Warnock doesn't want him at Leeds.

Because your stadium is falling to pieces and well outdated. You have about 8000 season ticket holders, you are a selling club and unless there is some serious cash injections into your club, mid table is the best you can hope for, for a long time to come.

[/QUOTE]

Trade Descriptions Act will have a field day . No amount of soft focus and filming the one decent section of seating can make Selhurst look like anything but the shithouse we know it to be.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Because your stadium is falling to pieces and well outdated. You have about 8000 season ticket holders, you are a selling club and unless there is some serious cash injections into your club, mid table is the best you can hope for, for a long time to come.

Stadium is falling to pieces. Correct. Thats why want to build a new stadium. Correct we are a selling club. Spending money doesn't always get you places. Look at Leicester. Yes are season tickets sales will be around 10k.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Will Moses figure be as high as £1.5 million.....?

I certainly don't know for sure, but I thought his sell-on was 10% of the difference....? So if Chelsea pay £10 million , less the £4 million you have already received would be about £600k. A nice sum, but sadly due to huge outgoings these days in the Championship, it wouldn't have much impact.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Stadium is falling to pieces. Correct. Thats why want to build a new stadium. Correct we are a selling club. Spending money doesn't always get you places. Look at Leicester. Yes are season tickets sales will be around 10k.

Well you have just answered all your own questions....Stadiums take years to build, provided you can find a suitable site, get the permission and then have got someone to pay for it....As we know all to well.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Most Palace fans know that Williams will have to be sold the season after next to balance the books. That will be the season that Murray will show he can actually play some decent football as he will be looking for another 3 year deal.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011

I certainly don't know for sure, but I thought his sell-on was 10% of the difference....? So if Chelsea pay £10 million , less the £4 million you have already received would be about £600k. A nice sum, but sadly due to huge outgoings these days in the Championship, it wouldn't have much impact.

The rumour is 20% of any profit.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Well you have just answered all your own questions....Stadiums take years to build, provided you can find a suitable site, get the permission and then have got someone to pay for it....As we know all to well.

We have people who will pay to build it. We have a site. Yes it will take years, but i am happy to wait.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The £10M is theoretical as Wigan might be induced to taking a cash plus player deal so it would all depend on the "valuation" of the player being swapped.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Most Palace fans know that Williams will have to be sold the season after next to balance the books. That will be the season that Murray will show he can actually play some decent football as he will be looking for another 3 year deal.

That's about right, people are very quick to forget Murray's first couple of season's with us. Still think he is a quality div 1 striker at best, average at this level and if he doesn't fancy it on the day, a waste of space.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

£3.5 million? that's nexts seasons losses just about covered then. With your dwindling attendances, income dropping and a general overall malaise infecting your hopeless little club I really can't imagine why anyone would sign up for a relegation battle with you lot.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We have people who will pay to build it. We have a site. Yes it will take years, but i am happy to wait.

Have you seen the astronomical APR interest rates wonga.com are charging ?

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
£3.5 million? that's nexts seasons losses just about covered then. With your dwindling attendances, income dropping and a general overall malaise infecting your hopeless little club I really can't imagine why anyone would sign up for a relegation battle with you lot.

Our attendances aren't dwindling. Im not going to bother replying to the rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports