Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ross McCormack

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
Is this still the Ross McCormack thread?

Good player at this level. But is arrogant, and has the wrong attitude. They probably want to link him up with Murray. You know what they say about 2 negatives? Puts you in administration. Then your manager gets caught sleeping with the slapper from the local Happy Shopper because he couldn't afford his Lucky 7's scratch card.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
You know what I find really interesting about Palace. It's the whole "CPFC2010" thing - CPFC2010 do this and CPFC2010 said that.

Down here, it's simply "the club" or "the Albion". We are united, a single entity. At Palace there seems to be a real big "them and us" situation. That can't be good, can it?

Spot on. It's one of the reasons i dislike them. They have pulled the wool over most Palace fans eyes. They make it seem like we need them and we should be repaying them for everything they have done. They claim they were "reluctant" buyers. BS. They tried to get the club on the cheap and they did. Parish is the one i dislike the most.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
CPFC2010 acquired the freehold from Noades as this was the "deal-breaker" , Noades had to decide to take the money or lose all the rental income if CPFC2010 pulled out and Palace were liquidated. Goldberk and Tangoman were foolish enough to only buy the club but not the ground.

No thats not true. Noades hasn't owned it for years. Cpfc2010 got it from Lloyds.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Spot on. It one of the reasons i dislike them. They have pulled the wool over most Palace fans eyes. They make it seem like we need them and we should be repaying them for everything they have done. They claim they were "reluctant" buyers. BS. They tried to get the club on the cheap and they did. Parish is the one i dislike the most.

But weren't you just saying, they are going to do this and do that and build a new ground and sign McCormack???.....be afraid, be very afraid.....

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
But weren't you just saying, they are going to do this and do that and build a new ground and sign McCormack???.....be afraid, be very afraid.....

I'm sure they will do both. Doesn't mean I trust them. They are trying to get the trust to build a new training ground, saying they want the fans to own something. More like, they don't have to spend time and money on planning etc and can instead pay small rent.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No thats not true. Noades hasn't owned it for years. Cpfc2010 got it from Lloyds.

So Lloyds would have been left with a derelict patch of land after the stadium was demolished and potentially used as a car park for Sainsburys until they got planning permission for a retail/social housing development ?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Spot on. It's one of the reasons i dislike them. They have pulled the wool over most Palace fans eyes. They make it seem like we need them and we should be repaying them for everything they have done. They claim they were "reluctant" buyers. BS. They tried to get the club on the cheap and they did. Parish is the one i dislike the most.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they may regret getting involved.....no matter what they say.

Like a lot of clubs in the Championship......the wages are too high......the players are too expensive......and more and more 'foreign' investors are getting a foothold in Championship clubs, with seemingly unlimited funds..i.e. Leicester, Hull, Notts Forest, Watford, Cardiff, Birmingham, Blackburn etc etcetc.Add to these the other clubs receiving huge parachute payments......and the chances of the rest succeeding are very slim indeed.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
So Lloyds would have been left with a derelict patch of land after the stadium was demolished and potentially used as a car park for Sainsburys until they got planning permission for a retail/social housing development ?

Have no idea what would have happened to the site. I think hit has to be used for Sports etc. Not 100% on that though.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
I wouldn't be at all surprised if they may regret getting involved.....no matter what they say.

Have said it all along. If we Palace aren't in the prem in 5 years we will be back in admin.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
McCormack would be a decent signing for anyone in the Championship.

Personally I couldn't care where he goes and I am only posting on this thread because the palace cheer leaders are FIT.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
CPFC2010 acquired the freehold from Noades as this was the "deal-breaker" , Noades had to decide to take the money or lose all the rental income if CPFC2010 pulled out and Palace were liquidated. Goldberk and Tangoman were foolish enough to only buy the club but not the ground.

As usual you are wrong . Noades sold the freehold to a company set up by Jordan and Paul kemsley ( tottenhams vice chairman) and Jordan took great delight in telling people he got one over noades , I ve got the tee shirt to prove it .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Have no idea what would have happened to the site. I think hit has to be used for Sports etc. Not 100% on that though.

I think the council would have to lift any restrictive covenants which wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility with a few masonic handshakes (cough)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As usual you are wrong . Noades sold the freehold to a company set up by Jordan and Paul kemsley ( tottenhams vice chairman) and Jordan took great delight in telling people he got one over noades , I ve got the tee shirt to prove it .

So Tangoman and Kemsley forfeited the freehold when it all went tits up and Lloyds asset stripped the company to reduce the debt ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here