Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ross McCormack

I was refering to the comment that Palace have a habit of paying players over the odds, but im sure Vincente earns a lot more then our top earner .

and Vicente is worth every penny. I dare say we will pay him more when we agree his new contract.

I guess the only real point of reference we have here is Murray. Who couldn't fit into our wage structure but easily fits in yours...but hell when it only costs you a few of the pennys in the pound I dare say you don't care.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
and Vicente is worth every penny. I dare say we will pay him more when we agree his new contract.

I guess the only real point of reference we have here is Murray. Who couldn't fit into our wage structure but easily fits in yours...but hell when it only costs you a few of the pennys in the pound I dare say you don't care.

Course he could've, we just weren't prepared to pay him over twice as much as he was already on, he didn't need to be greedy but he was and we were sensible.

Jan 12, 2012
That's not an answer.

No it's a question.
Two weeks ago Vincente was a greedy, money grabbing mercenary, and its my humble opinion you're paying him over the odds.
Looking at his CV, he has had a impressive playing career, so why would he move his family to a new country, and join a 2nd division team he'd probably never heard of before ?
He clearly wants to remain in Spain,as was proved during the last month or so,in a nutshell, was his decision coming to Brighton financial, or a desire to play for Gus ?

No it's a question.
Two weeks ago Vincente was a greedy, money grabbing mercenary, and its my humble opinion you're paying him over the odds.
Looking at his CV, he has had a impressive playing career, so why would he move his family to a new country, and join a 2nd division team he'd probably never heard of before ?
He clearly wants to remain in Spain,as was proved during the last month or so,in a nutshell, was his decision coming to Brighton financial, or a desire to play for Gus ?

Well seeing his contract was all agreed before last season it must be the desire to play for Gus.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No it's a question.

Two weeks ago he was 'a greedy, money-grabbing mercenary' to a few posters on this forum,a minority i am sure. As to the details surrounding his contract, how on earth would anyone here or you know. None of us are qualified to judge whether we are paying over the odds or not as we are not party to that information.

Jan 12, 2012
Two weeks ago he was 'a greedy, money-grabbing mercenary' to a few posters on this forum,a minority i am sure. As to the details surrounding his contract, how on earth would anyone here or you know. None of us are qualified to judge whether we are paying over the odds or not as we are not party to that information.

But Palace pay over the odds do they ? who is privvy to this information ?
Admittedly Murray's on £50,000 a week, but thats common knowledge to Brighton fans isn't it ?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
and its my humble opinion you're paying him over the odds.

Actually, as you are mentioning money, I don't think your "humble opinion" is worth tuppence. Much like the overwhelming majority of your posts.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No it's a question.

And how much are we paying him?

When he joined last season we were told it wasn't about money as he is rich enough. We signed CMS despite not offering the most money. Gus has been cited as a very convincing manager on several deals where more money was on offer elsewhere. Clearly the desire to play for gus at brighton at this time with the potential we have, and the feeling around the club with the new stadium can't be understated.

Vicente is an incredible talent, worth a lot of money each week, probably worth more than we can afford to pay, and I believe there are any number of clubs who would at least agree with what we pay him, if not think we're underpaying him.

The comment about Palace paying over the odds was about them paying wages that most reasonable football clubs would consider too much for the talent. Glenn Murray for example. We didn't feel he was worth as much as he wanted, palace were willing to pay that. If other teams in our division could afford the wages we pay Vicente, they would be willing to sign him at that rate, I'm sure (as well as though that can't really afford it but are willing to gamble). How many people would be willing to sign Murray at his current rate? We know there's at least one who wouldn't even though they can afford to.

Last edited:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
On or over budget ? The truth is no one knows what Ross , Glenn or vincente earns do they . It's just a game to goad each other .

You Palace fans keep calling him Vincente just to annoy us don't you. ???

Ok, I'll bite. It's Vicente ffs. :D

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
In fairness, the girls look very nice and well done to them for trying.

As the Crystal Palace Chairman has just posted on their forum BBS, in response to a posters question re; watching the video....

"Yes, just watched it. Blimey. If that doesn't make people renew their season tickets, THEN NOTHING WILL"

Hmmmmmmmm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here