Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney, out of order?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
If it was a spur of the moment comment, why couldn't he have just said we were shit and the manager is a joke or something similar, but no, a typical response from the thick scouser, it's always someone else's fault.

How very true..................what is it about thick scousers...? They are like a town full of housewives....................they are never, never, never, ever......wrong...!

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
The premiershit is not the best league in the world. It simply pays the highest wages and this England team consists of players who are clearly nowhere near to being the best players in the world.

Who has the best league in the world then ?

The Spanish? Er, no because there are only 2 teams in that league that are anything to talk about.

The Italians? No, because they are a bunch diving sissies.

The Germans, The French, Portuguese maybe ?

I think you will find the Premiership is the most watched league in the world and thats not because it's shit. :shrug:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think you will find the Premiership is the most watched league in the world and thats not because it's shit. :shrug:

What we tend to find out at these tournaments, though, is that what makes it 'not shit' are the foreign players. Players like Lampard have their level raised by what is around them at their clubs, but Barry is not Essien, Heskey is not Drogba, and the keepers aren't Cech.

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
yeah, outta order alright... NOT WORKING... hoping to be fixed by weds, if fails to work then, dispose of :p

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Actually, I have. France 98.

I don't buy the argument that the fans have shelled out and can express whatever opinion they like. It's hardly a hardship they have gone through, is it? They are touring South Africa on a giant piss up. If you look at it objectively, the fans role is to SUPPORT the team. Booing isn't going to help in the slightest, it will just create disharmony between players and fans.

I have no idea what the players wages have got to do with this. His was an emotional response to a difficult situation, he knows he hasn't played well, he doesn't need fans booing the team to tell him that.

Think we are going to have to agree to disagree, completely.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
What we tend to find out at these tournaments, though, is that what makes it 'not shit' are the foreign players. Players like Lampard have their level raised by what is around them at their clubs, but Barry is not Essien, Heskey is not Drogba, and the keepers aren't Cech.

Agreed, cue the argument of this having a knock on effect to the England team.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Who has the best league in the world then ?

The Spanish? Er, no because there are only 2 teams in that league that are anything to talk about.

The Italians? No, because they are a bunch diving sissies.

The Germans, The French, Portuguese maybe ?

I see you've taken Murdoch's premiershit shilling.

The reason the premiershit is the most watched league in the world is because of who markets it and the names of some of the teams involved and their subsequent marketability in the Far East.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I see you've taken Murdoch's premiershit shilling.

The reason the premiershit is the most watched league in the world is because of who markets it and the names of some of the teams involved and their subsequent marketability in the Far East.

And Africa. Most of the locals have England as their second team because the prem is shown here. I suspect they were booing too!!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm waiting for the inevitable stage-managed footballer's apology, probably delivered by an official media spokesman and almost certainly using language that the player concerned wouldn't generally use.

And...bingo.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
And...bingo.

Tooting - it's so depressingly predictable, isn't it?

Rooney was obviously happy enough to get his point across on camera last night. Why he couldn't have done the same again 24 hours later is anyone's guess.

It would have appeared slightly more genuine than the sanitised official version of an apology that's been so obviously run through the PR machine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here