Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney, out of order?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

That's a well thought out response.

If Rooney WAS concerned about his performance then he'd have made an effort to look interested. He's had 180 minutes of football so far and has failed miserably.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That's a well thought out response.

If Rooney WAS concerned about his performance then he'd have made an effort to look interested. He's had 180 minutes of football so far and has failed miserably.

I thought it was a fine response to an inane comment. You imply that the players are only thinking of their commercial interests when they are out on the pitch. I don't disagree that he has had two very poor games by his standards but I doubt for one minute that during that 180 minutes he was concerned about how it will affect his wallet.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
People who think that booing was bad last night are probably the same people who applauded The Albion off at Selhurst that dreadful afternoon when we got spanked 5-0 and capitulated before our very eyes.. It was embarrassing last night and if I had spent thousands getting out there and watching so called world class footballers all looking at each other for some glint of inspiration then I would have been booing the loudest trust me.
Rooney should have kept his trap shut and taken it on the chin. We were bollox....... and got the stick we deserved. Rooney had better do something on wednesday now.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
People who think that booing was bad last night are probably the same people who applauded The Albion off at Selhurst that dreadful afternoon when we got spanked 5-0 and capitulated before our very eyes.. It was embarrassing last night and if I had spent thousands getting out there and watching so called world class footballers all looking at each other for some glint of inspiration then I would have been booing the loudest trust me.
Rooney should have kept his trap shut and taken it on the chin. We were bollox....... and got the stick we deserved. Rooney had better do something on wednesday now.

Hopefully it might put them into a Siege mentality

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
If it was a spur of the moment comment, why couldn't he have just said we were shit and the manager is a joke or something similar, but no, a typical response from the thick scouser, it's always someone else's fault.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Will be interesting to see the reaction of all on here who are calling him a 'fat twat' etc if he goes and wins us the game next week.

To me it showed he cared and was pissed off enough last night to say something he probably now regrets.

I think the fans have a right to boo and maybe it will give the squad the kick up the arse it needs. Only time will tell.

I'd love to see Lampard or some of the others get that wound up after an England game.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Will be interesting to see the reaction of all on here who are calling him a 'fat twat' etc if he goes and wins us the game next week.

if he plays well and we win because of him then Yes he will be a hero reborn! that does'nt stop him being a twat now though does it?! if he plays shit again and we go out then all hell will break loose at Heathrow upon the players return!

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008

To me it showed he cared and was pissed off enough last night to say something he probably now regrets.

I think the fans have a right to boo and maybe it will give the squad the kick up the arse it needs. Only time will tell.

I'd love to see Lampard or some of the others get that wound up after an England game.

Can't he show he cares by playing well rather then slagging off people who have flown half way round the world spending a fortune doing it?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
if he plays well and we win because of him then Yes he will be a hero reborn! that does'nt stop him being a twat now though does it?! if he plays shit again and we go out then all hell will break loose at Heathrow upon the players return!

Well I don't think he's a fat twat because of that comment, so we'll have to disgaree there.

Oct 25, 2003
what i found most alarming was just how disinterested rooney looked at times

i've NEVER seen him like that before- usually when he's playing shit he charges around like a maniac when a bulging eyes and a red face, calls everyone a ****, stamps on someones face and gets sent off

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Can't he show he cares by playing well rather then slagging off people who have flown half way round the world spending a fortune doing it?

Do you honestly think he is WANTING and CHOOSING to play poorly? He has decided he wants to make himself look rubbish in front of millions and millions? It's just a case of him walking out and saying right I'm going to annoy everyone on purpose by playing badly.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

i've NEVER seen him like that before- usually when he's playing shit he charges around like a maniac when a bulging eyes and a red face, calls everyone a ****, stamps on someones face and gets sent off

Hasn't he been told to calm down after doing that in a friendly?

If he'd have charged round the pitch last night, clattered into someone, got a second yellow then he would be hung out to dry by the fans and press.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Do you honestly think he is WANTING and CHOOSING to play poorly? He has decided he wants to make himself look rubbish in front of millions and millions? It's just a case of him walking out and saying right I'm going to annoy everyone on purpose by playing badly.

Of course not but as mentioned before last night he looked less interested then normal. Partly frustated with himself and the performance i'm sure but then to have a go at the fans is just :facepalm: Should he start on wednesday? Without a doubt yes, he's still our best player.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

He was sulking at times.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'm waiting for the inevitable stage-managed footballer's apology, probably delivered by an official media spokesman and almost certainly using language that the player concerned wouldn't generally use.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure Hart's Shirt is right - and it is all very unfortunate, because the one player who does give everything for England, and was hurting more than anyone yesterday after poor personal and team displays, has made a huge gaffe which may be forever thrown at him in the future.

If you're earning £5million a year, you should never question the loyalty of fans who have saved up two years just to go and watch you play. The performance desrved those boos, and Rooney knows that deep down. But that's what can happen when you have a camera and a mic shoved in your face before you've even left the pitch.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
In the heat of the moment, after playing really poorly with the weight of the nation on his shoulders, it's dissapointing but understandable.

Yep - and I wouldn't be surprised if he is carrying an injury that we haven't been told about. At times he was very slow where he'd normally be sharp and he pulled up a couple of times. Love or loathe him you can't question his commitment - so I suspect a niggling injury...more news to follow?

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Have you ever followed England to a tournament? I suspect not. Those fans have not only spent thousands on this trip but have also spent thousands gaining 'England Caps' to be able to get tickets. They have every right to voice their opinions, without fans there would not be professional football.

Rooney may have made a big mistake here. When Murray had a pop at Albion fans he was able to partially repair the damage by playing well for the rest of the season and banging in a few goals for us. 95% of England fans are not Man Ure supporters, they may well be on his case for a very long time unless his performances dramatically improve in the last group game and any others that follow. But hey, what will he care on £100k a week?

Actually, I have. France 98.

I don't buy the argument that the fans have shelled out and can express whatever opinion they like. It's hardly a hardship they have gone through, is it? They are touring South Africa on a giant piss up. If you look at it objectively, the fans role is to SUPPORT the team. Booing isn't going to help in the slightest, it will just create disharmony between players and fans.

I have no idea what the players wages have got to do with this. His was an emotional response to a difficult situation, he knows he hasn't played well, he doesn't need fans booing the team to tell him that.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Shame he didn't put a bit of fight into the game, seemed to bottle challenges as well. Come Wed if he scores to take us through all will be forgotten though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here