Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney, out of order?

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Having a go at England fans who booed them off the pitch. Right or wrong?

Personally, if I'd paid a fortune to go to SA for the World Cup and witnessed first hand that totally shit performance, I think I would have booed. I thought Rooney was better than that, but he is clearly miles out of touch from the ordinary fans, in spite of his relatively working class background.

Clearly the overpaid, over hyped premiership players who are supposed to be representing our country are actually not very good!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yesa hes a fat twat that needs to know better

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Probably sulking that that he didn't have a stadium full of clueless fans who would support United if the squad systemtically gang raped the grandmothers of every fan in Old Trafford.

And by the way. He should be looking at himself. Tonight was a great oppurtunity to prove himself as a proper world talent, and what did he do? Play like a f***ing amateur then sulk about it when he realises that some peoplr actually watch FOOTBALL not MAN UTD. Co. adknow when a player is overhyped.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
In the heat of the moment, after playing really poorly with the weight of the nation on his shoulders, it's dissapointing but understandable.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
do these fuckers realise how much some of these fans have paid to get to the world cup,saving up for the last 3 or 4 years.......having a month of work would add up to between 10-12 thousand quid......if they wanna boo a shit performance i find it thouroughly understandable, i'm pissed off enough after getting out of bed at 3 am to watch it(that along with the dire performance have probably ruined my day),still at least it doesn't look like they're going to have to splash out on any knockout round tickets does it...??? FFS

Jimmy Grimble

Nice to see your own fans booing, you, eh, Wayne?

Not as nice as seeing multi-millionaire footballers you've spent thousands of pounds to watch representing your country struggle to control a football against the might of Algeria.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I hope he gets dropped, not because of his comment, but because he has been terrible so far.

He shouldn't be allowed to take his place for granted and become complacent, same for a few other players (e.g. Lampard).

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Rooney played with the touch of a rapist against Algeria.

Surely over the 90 minutes he could see three quarters of the stadium deckeed out with England flags, and this was the first game of the tournament where you could actually hear fans cheering on their team over those bloody horns.

And then the ffat twat has the cheek to question their loyalty/

His stock value has plummeted ffrom probably £60m to about £25m in just a week.

Still an immature twat, and now one that can't score - or even trap a ball at his feet.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Rooney - did f*** all for 90 minutes but managed to score an own goal after the final whistle had gone. Kind of sums up his World Cup up.

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
Sometimes these footballers lose sight of reality.As said before these fans have used life savings to see England at the World Cup while the players earn enough in a week to have financed about 20 fans to go to the World Cup.Algeria although ineffective passed neatly between each other,our boys couldn't string two passes together.It started in the first minute when Lampard got the ball back just after kick off and his first pass started an Algerian attack and it just carried on from there.As the game went on most of the players seemed to lose interest and the fans had every right to boo the players.Rooney is still a petulant little kid at times and needs to remember who put him in the adulated position he is in now-the fans.At least Gerrard's interview was more realistic appreciating that everyone has the right to boo when the performance was as dire as that. On a positive note we are still in it, and we have yet to lose unlike Spain Germany and France! And did not Italy draw every game and reach the final? Keep the faith!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
he ought to let his feet do the talking,the uppity little fucker,questioning the loyalty of fans who have travelled thousands of miles and been saving for the last 3 or four years to be served up with utter gash..........GASH I TELL THEE....!!!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I thought with about 15 minutes to go, he looked completely disinterested and I'd thought that his body language was suggesting that he wished he was the player that was coming off for Crouch.

Hardly got the ball up front, and struggled when he got it in midfield.

I think the England fans had every right to boo the team, and if the players can't see that they unperformed then they will be on the way back home after Wednesday.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We don't even deserve to be in this world cup anymore. And, even if we win on Wednesday we aren't going to come top of the group and get knocked out in the 2nd round.

TBH I wish they'd of not given their wages to charity and taken them- then at least they might actually give a shit.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Rooney was bang out of order.

I would like to think that the comment was born out of frustration at our clueless performance. An apology is due either at a press conference or on the pitch against Slovenia where he may actually try and score a bloody goal.

I really like Rooney but that comment was absolutely classless and every bit as shocking as the performance of the team.

D

Deleted member 2719

He looked overweight to me perhaps he hasn't been training cos of his ankle.

If he isn't carry any injury, he was a disgrace, if he is carrying an injury Capello shouldn't have taken him.

Ps if he is carrying any Injury, then Ferguson you are a selfish C**T have just cost us the World Cup.:tantrum:

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
what does the thick scouse twat expect? utter shit! i can accept teams have an off day but last night was clueless with no effort or passion or interest from the England team.....Rooney being one of the worst.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
After that performance from him and the rest of them, what did he expect? A standing ovation?

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Rooney on the bench for the next game please. He has been extremely poor so far. Crouch and Defoe must start the next game upfront.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here