Rooney, out of order?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the correct answer.

He is just walking off the pitch and has a camera thrust in his face. I suspect he is more frustrated with his own performance than anyone else. No doubt he regrets his knee jerk reaction but then look at some of the dumb comments on here and in particular the 'knee jerk' reaction to the Calderon situation and how many now have egg on their face.

Is the correct answer?????????? smelling something here
We have to work for a living. we pay a large percentage of our money watching the so called superstars. We do not have a camera thrust in our face but also do not use that same piece of equipment to make us an obscene amount of money on and off the pitch. Yes, i have said something in the heat of the moment, but not earning millions of pounds every year am i. There were alot of people making stupid comments about calderon and many many other issues on here but this only reflects society as whole. But the correct answer is people pay their really hard earned money(in very hard economic times) for a millionaire to make a 'knee jerk' reaction on tv because he cannot handle the pressure which is why i suspect he has poor discipline on the pitch too.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Whilst some of your points are valid, The money he earns equal to the performance he puts in carries alot of weight. Every player probably gets booed as part of a team in his career but he is earning that money and putting on that shirt and living a life of luxury in front of people that have spent four yrs saving to go to the tournament so that childish nonsense was uncalled for, remember, the fans went out there to SUPPORT them, not to boo, but the performance deserved it. With money comes responsibility so if he cannot keep a cool head under pressure then that is probably why we will never win the world cup with spoilt brats like him

They get paid that money by their domestic clubs and usually, the money does equal the performances when playing for their clubs. When playing for England, they are playing with a bunch of lads and a manager that they don't play with on a regular basis. Thats when the manager needs to be more skilled in selecting a team that will hopefully gel a lot easier and complement each others skills quicker. I guess that may be the core of the problem but what is frustrating is that other countries seem to do it a lot better than us.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I guess I am alone in thinking this has been blown out of all proportion. I'm sure he was absolutely distraught at the booing and blurted out a spur of the moment comment. I think it's tine to get over it, try and get behind them for the Slovenia game. Then again if they don't win that, then it should be open season on the lot of them.

I suspect you are right, and it was just a venting of frustration at a poor performance. It was still a crass thing to say though and if he wants to shut the critics up he knows how to do it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Is the correct answer?????????? smelling something here
We have to work for a living. we pay a large percentage of our money watching the so called superstars. We do not have a camera thrust in our face but also do not use that same piece of equipment to make us an obscene amount of money on and off the pitch. Yes, i have said something in the heat of the moment, but not earning millions of pounds every year am i. There were alot of people making stupid comments about calderon and many many other issues on here but this only reflects society as whole. But the correct answer is people pay their really hard earned money(in very hard economic times) for a millionaire to make a 'knee jerk' reaction on tv because he cannot handle the pressure which is why i suspect he has poor discipline on the pitch too.

When was the last time Rooney was booked in a competitive match for England then? The fact he get's paid millions is totally irrelevant. You admit you have said something in the heat of the moment so you are no different. Are you saying you would be a different person just because someone gives you a bit more money. Isn't that being a bit shallow?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
But does hanging our best player out to dry really help us in our must win game on Wed?

Best player? Easily our worst player over 2 games and after his comments I hope he gets grief from every fan whenever Manure are playing.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I think there was booing because England looked tired, disinterested and clueless frankly with Rooney looking the worst of the lot. If they had tried hard, peppered the Algerian goal all night but unluckily failed to score, booing would have been out of order, but they didn't. I am not sure how the England fans are supposed to convey their feelings to the team. Being booed isn't pleasant but at least the team now know that the fans are unhappy and they need a collective kick up the arse, unless they are too thick to understand that.

A few years ago a performance like that would have resulted in a riot by the fans afterwards, so perhaps booing isn't that bad afterall.

Should Rooney be dropped? Based on his performances on the pitch so far, yes. Will he be dropped? no, I doubt it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just think about it.

You are one of the best players in the world playing in the best league in the world doing rather well most weeks.

The premiershit is not the best league in the world. It simply pays the highest wages and this England team consists of players who are clearly nowhere near to being the best players in the world.

When was the last time Rooney was booked in a competitive match for England then? The fact he get's paid millions is totally irrelevant. You admit you have said something in the heat of the moment so you are no different. Are you saying you would be a different person just because someone gives you a bit more money. Isn't that being a bit shallow?

Well on that basis, if it was a comment in the heat of the moment, so was the fans booing in the heat of the moment. yes he earns alot of his money for his club, but one hell of alot outside of that as he is also an England player through ads, sponsorship and endorsments. I am not being shallow in the fact that sometimes say things in the heat of the moment, my POINT is that he must expect a reaction from fans and there is always a flip side to using the media as a tool, it can earn you alot of praise and money that FANS pay for directly or indirectly so he must take a role in kerbing his thoughts at a professional level in response to this i did not hear the other 10 players leaving the pitch make a comment like that. I fully understand he must be frustrated and low but surely he is old enough to know better. The FA will also use the medium of media to make Rooney make an apology so the merry-go-round continues.

In response to this comment....'When was the last time Rooney was booked in a competitive match for England then?' another twisted stat to suit an arguement.....he has a bad temper on the pitch alot of the time surely that is quite clear.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I'd like to know exactly how far it's got to go, how bad something's got to be, how much effort and expense and patience the fans have to show, before it is OK for them to express their displeasure after the final whistle. I f***ing hate it when players say that booing doesn't help, that the players are feeling as bad as the fans are - no they're f***ing not. The fans are there at great expense because they care, because that team carries the vicarious hopes and dreams of a footballing nation, and can't go back to their £100,000+ per week jobs in front of thousands of unquestioningly adoring supporters at the end of it. We just have to accept our hopes being stamped on yet again and spend four more years inexplicably looking forward, with increasing futility it seems to me, to going through the same shit again. So he's bang out of order - I thought the support showed admirable patience, didn't get on the team's back during the game, and let them know what they thought afterwards. If he can't handle that, he's in the wrong profession.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In some respects I'm quite pleased he reacted like that, at least it shows he noticed the fans' reaction and it actually hurts him. One or two of the others give the impression they couldn't give a shit. But it does reflect a lack of a grip on reality, all the more surprising when you consider Rooney has rarely come across as one of the players whose heads are completely up their own arses.

Any half decent footballing nation would have received that response from fans after that performance. England's fans have every right to express disappointment, it's just a shame our multi millionaire players seem to think their status exempts them from criticism.

Sadly, although Rooney has been terrible so far, I have little faith in Defoe or Crouch to
get us to the next round, so I don't think he'll be dropped.

Rooney was gutted because the whole world has just seen what an average little turd he really is,the chimp is just lucky that he is reasonably gifted enough to play profesional sport,otherwise he'd be on the jezza kyle show taking a paternity test to see if it was him that got some scouse crack whore up the stick.
cvnt

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Well done Wayne, for speaking honestly. I happen to agree with him. I don't know may other nations tht support their team by booing them, even when the chips are down.

Have you ever followed England to a tournament? I suspect not. Those fans have not only spent thousands on this trip but have also spent thousands gaining 'England Caps' to be able to get tickets. They have every right to voice their opinions, without fans there would not be professional football.

Rooney may have made a big mistake here. When Murray had a pop at Albion fans he was able to partially repair the damage by playing well for the rest of the season and banging in a few goals for us. 95% of England fans are not Man Ure supporters, they may well be on his case for a very long time unless his performances dramatically improve in the last group game and any others that follow. But hey, what will he care on £100k a week?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In response to this comment....'When was the last time Rooney was booked in a competitive match for England then?' another twisted stat to suit an arguement.....he has a bad temper on the pitch alot of the time surely that is quite clear.
You say bad tempered but surely it is more a case of his passion for winning which then reverts to frustration when we are not.

Well on that basis, if it was a comment in the heat of the moment, so was the fans booing in the heat of the moment. yes he earns alot of his money for his club, but one hell of alot outside of that as he is also an England player through ads, sponsorship and endorsments. I am not being shallow in the fact that sometimes say things in the heat of the moment, my POINT is that he must expect a reaction from fans and there is always a flip side to using the media as a tool, it can earn you alot of praise and money that FANS pay for directly or indirectly so he must take a role in kerbing his thoughts at a professional level in response to this i did not hear the other 10 players leaving the pitch make a comment like that. I fully understand he must be frustrated and low but surely he is old enough to know better. The FA will also use the medium of media to make Rooney make an apology so the merry-go-round continues.

Perhaps I should just clarify that I have no problem with the fans booing a performance like that, it was justified but I'm not going to slag off a player because he was also pissed off with his own performance and that of the team.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Perhaps I should just clarify that I have no problem with the fans booing a performance like that, it was justified but I'm not going to slag off a player because he was also pissed off with his own performance and that of the team.

He wasn't pissed off with his own performance-he was pissed off that the England fans let the sorry shower of shite know just what they thought of them. He's more concerned about his commercial value going down the shitter.

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Once this World Cup is over for England i really think Wayne Rooney should seek psychiatric help for his issues. He should not be getting wound up by things so easily and if he gets treatment it would do him more good than splashing out on a new car or diamond earrings for Coleen ever will.

He had no right to react the way he did. Do your job properly Wayne and you won't get criticised. He'd be in jail if it wasn't for football with his temperament.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Can you imagine the reaction on here if GLENN MURRAY had behaved in a similar manner?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports